• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

5 Tiers.

Yay or Nay?

• Yay :)

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Nay :(

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Read the entire thread before saying stupid stuff in the comments kthx.

OK. The Chest Update is liked by some people and unliked by some people. Its very annoying imo when the new players who haven't experienced the Chest Update voted "No" and therefore, its not going to happen. This is the solution.

V2 chests would be tiers 1-2-3. So, when you teir the map, you tier the chests ONLY with 1,2 or 3. This map could be called (sg4 for example) "SG4 V2" This way players know that the sg4 they're voting is the one with V2 chests.

V1 Chests would be tiers 4 and 5. When whoever goes to tier the map, they ONLY use tiers 5 and 5. This maps label could be called (Sg4 again) "SG4 V1". Now, when players go to vote for SG4 they know their voting for SG4 with V1 chests.

This would solve everyone's craving for V1 and V2 chests. This would most likely be tough, because I dont know if there is a limit for the amount of maps put in. /random would still work, it would choose any map, like it does now. This way, we have the chest update and DONT have the chest update.

I hope I explained this well, Im sick and tired, don't blame me.

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
mia gawd, great comment bro. I fixed it jeeze
You're welcome. :)

As for the idea, I'm not sure it would be worth the time to implement. I'd much rather see V2 chests nerfed just a little, but not like V1 chests.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
You're welcome. :)

As for the idea, I'm not sure it would be worth the time to implement. I'd much rather see V2 chests nerfed just a little, but not like V1 chests.
It actually would most likely take the same amount time as nerfing the v2 chests. And this way, the 28% of the people who want the v1 chests are satisfied. Trust me, there would be much less complaining if we did nerf the v2 chests.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
That's going to make it even harder to get lesser played maps voted and I feel like it will take a decent amount of time.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
That's going to make it even harder to get lesser played maps voted and I feel like it will take a decent amount of time.
This would satisfy the people who want v1 chests and the people who want v2 chests. If MCSG decided to keep v2 chests, people would complain. if MCSG decided to change to v1 chests, we would have a storm of people leaving and tons of people complaining.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
This would satisfy the people who want v1 chests and the people who want v2 chests. If MCSG decided to keep v2 chests, people would complain. if MCSG decided to change to v1 chests, we would have a storm of people leaving and tons of people complaining.
They've already kept v2, and I don't really see much complaining.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I'm not against this suggestion, but neither do I support it.
It's basically saying
upload_2013-11-17_9-21-25.png

This was brought up
And I think a decent solution for that is:
If a V1 OR V2 version of the map is picked, then both go into the list of "Previously played" maps.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm not against this suggestion, but neither do I support it.
It's basically saying
View attachment 16215

This was brought up

And I think a decent solution for that is:
If a V1 OR V2 version of the map is picked, then both go into the list of "Previously played" maps.
this is sorta my opinion as well. Even though I thought of the idea, I think it would take a bit too much work.

V

Viretine

Ok. This is actually not a bad suggestion because I know A LOT of people that would love to go back to the 'good old days' chests. However... I find that this would be well too much of a hassle for something that, less than 50% of the community actually wants.

I believe that although it probably wouldn't be the hardest thing in the world to do. It would just end up creating a bit of havoc on MCSG. More than 50% of MCSG's entire player base, is off of the forums. And most of the people off of the forums are players who probably didn't get to experience the V1 chests. This is the reason that I think if we were to change the servers so that there would be a chance that maps with V1 chests would get picked, the new in game (non-forumers) players would not be very accepting to this big change.

However, I do like this suggestion but I do not think it will be applied on the servers as majority of the player base would frown upon it. Good idea though. :)

(These are my opinions)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci