• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

2027 | An MCSG Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

EtherealMC

Spectator
Reaction score
Name of map: 2027
Lead Builder: EtherealMC
Game type: Survival Games
Map description: After the Panem War, President Snow issued that the final Hunger Games be hosted in this city. The tributes did not fight for some reason, so the arena had to be changed. Thus, this arena was forgotten... and never played on.
Video/screenshots:
Coordinates of corn and deathmatch Arena if applicable: Spawn= -2008, 20, -687
Deathmatch arena= 0, 20, 0

Map radius: 250

I, EtherealMC agree and accept that by submitting this map to the MCGamer Network for consideration it may be altered by the staff of MCGamer at any time in order to make gameplay changes. Also, by accepting this you understand that any violation of the map guidelines such as, but not limited to OP items being placed, may result in the immediate removal of your map and or any associated given ranks (VIP) from our servers. The MCGamer staff have full rights to decide whether or not the map in question is applied to or remains on the server network and the status of the map is subject to change at any time.

Seth

Career
Reaction score
The map looks alright, maybe post some screenshots of the map, and add more detail to the corn.
Good Luck

FusionDeck

Career
Reaction score
I like the 'idea' of the map, other than that, it just goes downhill from there. Everything is under-detailed. The terrain is sloppy and there is no visual border on the outside of the dome, it is just flatland. The default trees make the map look bland. The builds are very basic, and lack depth. Overall, the map seems like a combination of popular MCG maps (Par 72, Treacherous Heights, and others). And you should also include screenshots of your map.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The map to me seems a little too small, but since you have stated the radius, it's acceptable. However, I am focusing on a good amount of your structures that you and your team have produced, and I have to admit, they don't really catch my eyes so much. They are seemingly too basic, unfortunately. But I do admire the Ferris wheel and a few of the skyscrapers, they are quite intriguing.

I do highly encourage you continue working on how some of the buildings look, a majority of them do seem, as previously stated, a little to blocky. Try to add depth to the buildings, and if you can, add some really interesting, and fascinating designs that could really catch the eye of the player.
I do really like the cornucopia, and how it looks like, but it feels as if it lacks originality, I have seen similar cornucopias like that before.

I also think that the terraforming seems a little too inadequate, it looks as if feels unnatural, a little extra work can also be put in to it, but yet again, it seems alright in my eyes. Also, referring back to the size of the map... Chicago seems like a large city, and it generally looks a little like the structures are bunched up and small. Try to get some inspiration on more pictures of Chicago, or if you can, you could also go for a post-apocalyptic kind of city.
But still, I could encourage you increase the radius size to give you more space towards making more structures, or put more depth to it.

Anyways, good luck! Overall, it looks quite nice to me, let's see what the others think. :)

SonicSplit

Career
Reaction score
The builds are somewhat decent but there needs a lot more terraforming. And since I am the biggest coaster geek on the forums I would like to say that the coaster is unrealistic for one and in really life would fall over and destroy something.

Epo

Survivor
Reaction score
I hope Chicago doesn't look like that in 2027.

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
There is another thread of yours that was posted a few days after this one (2027 - MCSG Map Submission). As such, this one has been locked and move to Map Archive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci