• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.9 ruined pvp

Lis

Career
Reaction score
by that logic we should all adapt to ghost clients!!

1.7 basically ruined mcsg with the sprint key, 1.8 killed it, and from the looks of it 1.9 is the nail in the coffin. I hope kohi and badlion stay on 1.7, so there will be some decent servers to pvp on.

Honestly, if people wanted all this stuff, there have been mods that added this for YEARS.
so negative lol

Hate_

Spectator
Reaction score
As far as 1.9's snapshot goes and an experienced pvper I can say this will totally ruin pvp, like seriously shields? Lol we don't want that crap, we also want to blockhit. Also wtf is wrong with these arrows xD looks so crappy I don't even know what to say. Most importantly duel wielding. We pvpers DO NOT WANT THIS, we just want to be able to use 1 arm not 2. All we want is to strafe, combo, etc and if this "Combat Update" really goes threw with it, then our skills will just go down the drain, all these years of training for nothing? Idk just my opinion.

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
Ah yes. The "1.9 is going to be terrible" thread.

You recognize that this is only the second snapshot and it's not even close to being final yet?

Reactions: Lis

Hate_

Spectator
Reaction score
Ah yes. The "1.9 is going to be terrible" thread.

You recognize that this is only the second snapshot and it's not even close to being final yet?
that is what I truly feel and maybe the PvP community does too.

Nanami_Chan

Spectator
Reaction score
I think its kinda cool to see a change like this,but id rather stick with non double handed battles.

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
1.9 hasn't even come out yet, don't bash it until you try it. It will certainly be different, and take some getting used to, but it might be cool! If people will give it a chance, that is. Nobody in our community seems to like change, but it is inevitable.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
While we shouldn't jump the gun, I would like to pitch in my two cents (or maybe one).
The duel-wielding addition to the game is definitely a huge step, while the direction it is heading towards is equivocal. Personally, I would enjoy this change if it had no relevance to combat. Being able to hold torches and a pickaxe at the same time to facilitate mining, or holding seeds and a hoe to facilitate farming would greatly enhance the survival experience. However, if shields are to be introduced in the game, I'd assume it would be an alternative to blocking. I would find it really unnecessary since, in theory, shields would make it a whole lot harder to kill someone. However, we should investigate exactly how Mojang goes about their implementation, and how they introduce this item into the game. Maybe it won't be as crazy overpowered as we originally thought.

If they manage to successfully integrate shields into PvP, I'd imagine it would be a breath of fresh air. It would add a brand new layer to PvP, dynamically altering it to involve more skill. Not only thinking about the offensive, but also counter-acting your opponents moves. Then there's the argument that these additions may make the whole PvP experience too confusing and complicated for the spring chicken.

In conclusion, we'll have to see how these new feature pan out in the future before speculating. There have been only two snapshots released, and snapshots are almost always highly experimental.

CodOdds

Spectator
Reaction score
It shouldn't make a massive impact on combat really

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci