• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.8 World Border Deathmatch Implementation Suggestion

Should world borders be an implementation when McGamer updates to 1.8?

• Yes

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

DAL_9000

Platinum
Reaction score
As many of you may know, the newest snapshots for the 1.8 build of Minecraft have a new feature called a 'world border'. It appears as a blue wall that reaches from bedrock to build limit and can be set to do multiple things; from disallowing players to pass through it entirely, to dealing slow damage to players brave enough to pass through it.
2014-04-24_14.58.34.png

It can be set as a static border, which could replace the glass dome that we're all accustomed to seeing on the Survival Games maps, or it can be set to move a certain distance over a set amount of time. This, I think, could be used to replace the old lightning system which has no warning before instantly smiting you and dealing 2 hearts of damage; a crippling disadvantage, especially if the other two players in deathmatch decide to team against you. Adding the world border would allow for a visual representation of your boundaries, lessening the stress one faces during deathmatch.

I personally have always had an issue with the current system, although it's obviously better than allowing players free rein to run the entire deathmatch or hide in a specific area, stealing a win from a fully deserving player. I think this is a happy medium, not punishing players from utilizing the entire arena, but keeping them from running out of the arena entirely, or running around the arena for the entire duration. Just an idea, let me know any opinions you have or any further suggestions for this idea.

Last edited:

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
Yes yes, it is a great idea but it is ugly. just saying.

Sam

Destroyer of Worlds
Reaction score
I like the open DM as I quite enjoy watching steves running off and getting hit by lightning, is it just me?

iBearHD

Platinum
Reaction score
This is amazing. It would totally help the you if the other two people decide to team, then cleanup the other one after the ordeal. This really should be implemented.

C0nsole

Diamond
Reaction score
I like the idea, but(and I could be wrong here) I believe the deathmatch border is a circular shape, and I don't think Minecraft's built in world border can become a circle.

Please correct me if I am wrong c:

pindaar

Platinum
Reaction score
I just imagined a steve running up to the barrier and have Gandalf appear in his face shouting ' You shall not pass.' xD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci