• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.7 Map restart?

Should the map reset on the 1.7 update, and every update?

• Yes!

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • No! (Give a response.)

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters

Ultraviolence

Experienced
Reaction score
Usually on a lot of survival hardcore servers, ever game update the map is restarted and refreshed. Brand new (Same spawn.)
I think it's a great idea for 1.7 for the new map generation, gives everyone a chance to start clean new and fresh.

(Btw I don't mean a new map every like little update or patch, I mean when it's huge and big update. A newer version with newer things.)

Some servers do it every two updates, but I don't know its just a thought.

A lot of people will be saying "NO I'LL LOOSE MY STUFF!!"

Restarting the survival server map will give you that feeling of when you first played on the server. That enjoyment of the rush to get to the caves first. Also, if your there for the restart you usually get a lot of goodies from mining.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about restarts. One major problem is that it may remove any value players work towards each time, yet new players and new updates will keep the server fresh and give a chance for any underdogs (which will repeat the cycle forever).

Yes they should restart every once in a while but there should be some sort of item of such, sentimental or not to show that you've played and dominated in previous maps, either it be some sort of ranking or item.

Ultraviolence

Experienced
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about restarts. One major problem is that it may remove any value players work towards each time, yet new players and new updates will keep the server fresh and give a chance for any underdogs (which will repeat the cycle forever).

Yes they should restart every once in a while but there should be some sort of item of such, sentimental or not to show that you've played and dominated in previous maps, either it be some sort of ranking or item.
I totally agree with this. Maybe sort by most kills. Or for example if you could /balancetop1.6, it would show the top balances for the 1.6 server.

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
It's not really relevant to "scheduled" updates but I believe Antster is planning on resetting the map some time in december

ThisJKid

Diamond
Reaction score
They should just warn players in advance of maybe a week before they restart the map. That means players have the time to sell all they can, make money and wait for the server map to reset. They can reset everything other than the amount of money people have and the faction they are a part of.

Ultraviolence

Experienced
Reaction score
They should just warn players in advance of maybe a week before they restart the map. That means players have the time to sell all they can, make money and wait for the server map to reset. They can reset everything other than the amount of money people have and the faction they are a part of.
Eh, no. Starting the map over should mean everything is new. New balance, new faction, etc. If someone had over 200k, they could easily be over powered in a matter of minutes on the server. Just buy XP and a full set of diamond and he's good to go. So, I think resetting everything would be the best way to go.

ThisJKid

Diamond
Reaction score
Eh, no. Starting the map over should mean everything is new. New balance, new faction, etc. If someone had over 200k, they could easily be over powered in a matter of minutes on the server. Just buy XP and a full set of diamond and he's good to go. So, I think resetting everything would be the best way to go.
Yeah but if things were like that, people would feel as though all of their effort put into the server has been for nothing when they get absolutely nothing. They should at least get some money back.

Reaction score
I think we should restart on this update, but not every update. Sometimes new updates appear in a few days, and sometimes in a few months.
I believe we should reset he map every few months or so.

Ultraviolence

Experienced
Reaction score
I think we should restart on this update, but not every update. Sometimes new updates appear in a few days, and sometimes in a few months.
I believe we should reset he map every few months or so.
(Btw I don't mean a new map every like little update or patch, I mean when it's huge and big update. A newer version with newer things.)

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
They should make a new map using the ABSTRACT world generator. (if you haven't used it yet, get on the latest snapshot and try it out!)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci