• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

►"To The Stars" | A MCSG PvP Montage [HD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfessorRetro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hi guys! ProfessorRetro here, and I just finished making my FIRST EVER MCSG Montage! I had a ton of fun making it, and I wanted to share it with the MCSG community, so here it is!

(snip)

Last edited by a moderator:

Aedrift

Career
Reaction score
My opinion: The intro text was horrifying, try using something more professional. The video wasn't in sync with the music, very important to do that. I recommend editing it more to look more exciting. (pulses, stuff like that) A more intense choice of song.

Again, my opinion. I've seen many, MANY montages in my time, so I sorta know what looks the best and what's most appealing to watch.
I understand this is your first montage, so you're obviously not gonna get it perfect, I'm just recommending what you should do for next time.

Here's a good example of what I'm talking about:

Attorah

Platinum
Reaction score
Ok, I'm just going to list some improvements that you can make from being an avid MCSG montage viewer, and also as I feel this would benefit you a lot more:
- I didn't like your song choice, it was just that generic Monstercat release that I have seen in about 20 other montages, if reccomend using a song where you can sync the clips to, even if it's very loosely, but having generally slow clips with fast-paced music just doesn't really work.
- As Aedrift has mentioned, the text looked a bit ugly, especially if it's transparent with a high contrast background. I'd reccomend using a song with a varying pace, so you can use a range of clips and will help the overall video flow better.
- The clips were ok, but didn't blow me away at all. Clips in montages count for a good 50-60 %. Without them, it just brings them down.
Good luck with any further montages!
Edit: I am on mobile, so I'm sorry for any contextual or grammatical mistakes, I know there's one in my second point :p

ProfessorRetro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ok, I'm just going to list some improvements that you can make from being an avid MCSG montage viewer, and also as I feel this would benefit you a lot more:
- I didn't like your song choice, it was just that generic Monstercat release that I have seen in about 20 other montages, if reccomend using a song where you can sync the clips to, even if it's very loosely, but having generally slow clips with fast-paced music just doesn't really work.
- As Aedrift has mentioned, the text looked a bit ugly, especially if it's transparent with a high contrast background. I'd reccomend using a song with a varying pace, so you can use a range of clips and will help the overall video flow better.
- The clips were ok, but didn't blow me away at all. Clips in montages count for a good 50-60 %. Without them, it just brings them down.
Good luck with any further montages!
Edit: I am on mobile, so I'm sorry for any contextual or grammatical mistakes, I know there's one in my second point :p
I've never heard "To The Stars" in any montage EVER. People actually recommended me to use this song.. And also, why should the text that you see for about 20 seconds matter that much..? Also, the montage you linked looks HORRIBLE to me. I absolutely hate montages/clips that are so overedited like that, so I was going for a more simplistic look..
There's something called F8 mode :(
I tried to use F8 mode, it wouldn't work.

Last edited:

masond123

Platinum
Reaction score
Thread locked due to advertising. If you wish to show off your YouTube videos, you must do so in the "Media" section only.
Please feel free to PM me with any further questions, and have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci