• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

You can help bring a Minecraft Con to your city!

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sure, the endorsement and website stuff doesn't faze you, but you still have to keep in mind that public awareness, thanks to YouTubers like BebopVox, of these shoddy and fraudulent conventions is high. I still think this is a great idea and it's great to see that someone like yourself would be willing to do something like this, and if it's no problem for you to do these things then there's nothing really stopping you.

P.S- Try to be respectful when replying to someone or generally stating your opinion on the matter. This goes for everyone.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
BTW, I am 50 years old. If you have good comments about holding a Minecraft Fan Convention, let's hear them. If you don't know what you are talking about, it is best to not post.
Hey man its probably best to hold back the negativity, I applaud the idea and thought that has clearly been put into this but maybe get a PR guy to front the communication since some of the negativity from you in this thread towards others will just lead to more hate and angst.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Looks like you've given it some thought - but I'm going to play devils advocate here. (Note: I think this is a great idea, and would be cool if it worked out, just trying to look at it from a different angle)

In theory it looks like a great idea. From the top you'll see that you need a location, accommodations, vendors, a website, tickets. Most importantly you need people
And the way you guys talk about the big deal of getting a domain name and "buying a website" makes you guys sound like technology noobs. Woooo 10 minutes on Go Daddy and it is done. Websites are easy and cheap. Hotel conference spaces are not always cheap but not a problem to arrange. Online ticket sales are easy too. Done it before many times. There is planning to be done, but it isn't that big of a deal. I have owned lots of businesses more complicated than this one. How many successful businesses have you guys started?
"Buying a website" is easy. Getting your domain, simple. You need hosting, the website technology, support emails (which require staff to man the emails) and online tickets sales. You need to prove that you are legit and won't steal the peoples credit-card information.

There is a big difference between a "licensed" event and a non licensed event. Probably 2/3 of my visitors will be 12 year old kids. They don't care about whether Mojang endorses it or not, they just want to hang out with other kids who love MC and talk about it and to play a bit and maybe meet Graser or Sky or someone.
You're not just looking at the 12 year old kids who are going, how exactly do you expect them to get there? Remember, we aren't playing Rollercoaster Tycoon, people dont show up magically. Would you let your son walk off into some place filled with a couple hundred kids, all alone not knowing the security and legitimacy of the event they are going to? One bad apple ruins the bunch. I'm sure I wouldn't.

All in all, it seems like you have given it thought, its just that some more extensive planning should be needed. I would try to get some endorsement from Youtubers and popular server owners, vendors to setup things for kids to do, maybe be sponsored by a server? A name and staff. There is more then meets the eye.

Good luck, and if you require assistance I might be able to help out.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
I like the idea, but if you are serious about this, you need advertising. Try to see if youtubers/twitchers will promote you, also twitter is good too.

YourAverageTiger

i control this entire operation
Reaction score
Here comes Mineorama all over again...
You cannot be sure of that.

First off, I would like to thank you emichaels for thinking about hosting such event. I personally understand your motives and would like to thank you for coming off with this idea.

I have decided to make sort of an Advantages/Disadvantages list to help you go through them:

Advantages:
  • Enjoyment
  • People do not need to travel from countries such as Australia to the United States.
  • Great for children to meet others who share similar interests
  • Great for YouTubers who want to meet with their fans
As you can see, I have only put 4 advantages. I am in the nick of time and I am doing this in a matter of minutes, however I will update it tomorrow when I am relaxed and able to do this.

Disadvantages/things that could hinder this:
  • Lack of trust
  • Lack of sponsorship
  • Lack of trust
  • Lack of promotion
I am going to tag an admin and Chad, to see if they can maybe collaborate with you on this matter. Oh, and please use good grammar/follow the rules of writing. It makes you look trustworthy.

Col_StaR and
ChadTheDJ <----- The owner, and Col is an admin.
Thank you and enjoy.
~Average Tiger

Reaction score
I have money but nothing to do with Mojang or Microsoft. I'll leave the huge global Con to them. It does not take hundreds of thousands to do a smaller Con for a few thousand local people in a city. Takes only about $50K. No problem.
Mojang or Microsoft don't need to approve groups of fans getting together to talk about Minecraft, play games and have fun.
ONLY 50K ARE YOU CRAZY PEOPLE THAT WORK 40 HOURS A WEEK GET 50K A YEAR ARE YOU CRAZY, But business wise this is a good idea,
But you have to get attention coming up with this idea takes a lot of work, you must be a good business man but don't say 50k is nothing it is a lot.

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
Pretty sure this is a hoax, a real adult wouldn't talk crap to kids and question their history of enterprise in a derogatory manor.
Plus the money and getting permission from Microsoft for this sort of event makes me giggle a bit xD

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
I am going to tag an admin and Chad, to see if they can maybe collaborate with you on this matter.
Truthfully, there's not much to collaborate with us on. Conventions are usually created privately and then launched publically, and since the scope of this convention is larger than just MCG (aimed at the entirity of Minecraft) there's really no need for us to collaborate with. The event coordinator, on his word that he's not going to scam us like others have before, will simply need to rent out the event space and communicate for vendors and speakers. The only thing he'd really need to communicate for us would be 1. the allowance to advertise directly on our platform, and 2. if he wants Chad or another MCG-related individual to be a speaker at the event.

If you are interested in either of those options, please pass your business inquiry to [email protected].

YourAverageTiger

i control this entire operation
Reaction score
Truthfully, there's not much to collaborate with us on. Conventions are usually created privately and then launched publically, and since the scope of this convention is larger than just MCG (aimed at the entirity of Minecraft) there's really no need for us to collaborate with. The event coordinator, on his word that he's not going to scam us like others have before, will simply need to rent out the event space and communicate for vendors and speakers. The only thing he'd really need to communicate for us would be 1. the allowance to advertise directly on our platform, and 2. if he wants Chad or another MCG-related individual to be a speaker at the event.

If you are interested in either of those options, please pass your business inquiry to [email protected].
Thanks for your word, Col_.
Just giving out a suggestion!

EditingXBL

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Just saying, people have been done for this. They basically scam people into buying tickets for some so called Minecon wannabe show and then they stop the show because of 'troubles', I honestly wouldn't go for this. If you're actually a legit person then good for you and good luck with it but count me out and I'm sure others will agree with me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci