• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

"You are now leaving MCGamer Network and being redirected to..."

Preston417

Career
Reaction score
Hello,

As pretty much all of you know, whenever you click a link that isn't an MCGamer.net link, the website will warn you that you are about to leave the MCGamer network website, and be redirected to the original link you clicked - as a security precaution. I understand you can manually just click to the site you clicked on without waiting the 10 seconds, but I was wondering if there was a way to disable this security precaution per account, or if that feature could be added.

For the people who know proper security precautions themselves, it can be quite a burden to have this warning pop up every time you want to click something, and sometimes it just drives me away from clicking a link because I don't want to have to wait 10 seconds, or click the blue button to skip the 10 seconds - for some, like I said, it can be a burden.

Any possibilities on this, NagolGames?
(tagging Logan cause... reasons)

And just to be super clear, I understand why this is here - security. Just to re-iterate that, even though I said above.

Just a thought, I can fully understand if this is not possible, cause some people might disable it on accident or something of the sort. :)

Last edited:

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
I think that it is nice to have it there as a just in case, measure. You never know when someone might be trying to access your account information and we don't want to be responsible for any issues like that. I think it's in everyone's best interest to keep it there, but I completely understand where you're coming from.

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
I think that it is nice to have it there as a just in case, measure. You never know when someone might be trying to access your account information and we don't want to be responsible for any issues like that. I think it's in everyone's best interest to keep it there, but I completely understand where you're coming from.
This + it's really only ten seconds or one more click. It seems like a poor balance of risk reward to want to deactivate it. We all make mistakes, and having one last look at a link before you open could save your computer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci