• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

WWIII Warzone (World War Three Warzone)

Is this a decent map and should it be added?

• Yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters

AlphaTrooper888

Tribute
Reaction score
Map Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ds8i7nwsdqeiooi/WWIII_Warzone.zip

Story line
In the year 2063 a world wide battle is raging. everyone must fight in this brutal and modern war. Men run around trying to survive explosions and gunfire. Few will survive in the end; after all, it's every country for it's self.

Details
Map radius- 250 blocks
Chest Count- Over 30 besides the one in corn
Builder- AlphaTrooper8 (he is the only one)

I give full permission for a staff member to edit and/or use this map for the purpose of the server. I also hope they will put any issues they have with the map in the comments.

Pictures-

2014-10-14_19.40.34.png
2014-10-15_20.38.39.png
2014-10-15_20.40.31.png
2014-10-15_20.40.55.png
2014-10-15_20.41.25.png
2014-10-15_20.41.51.png
2014-10-15_20.42.51.png
2014-10-15_20.48.24.png
2014-10-15_20.48.31.png
2014-10-15_20.49.02.png

(These are not the only cool parts of the map. Check it out with the download link at the top!)

Baccas_R_Us

Spectator
Reaction score
II feel like there's too much trees, as if you just built buildings in a forest biome. Maybe take out the trees and build more :)

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
In a way, I really do admire the giant airship that floats in the map. However there are some issues in the map in general. The map overall doesn't really bring out the World war III kind of feeling, I kind of was expecting a lot more destruction to indicate a large battle, it is a warzone after all. c:

Maybe try to make a giant hole on the airship or something like that and you can go for including fire in it too, to show how it's been attacked and that the ship is malfunctioning.

I also think that what you have done with the cornucopia really is creative, and I like how it is in a helicopter, however you gotta make sure that the place the cornucopia is should be right at the center of the map. If it is the case that it is in the center of the map, then it would seem as if the arena is a little too small...

Which leads to my next point, map radius increase. The map, in a way seems a little too small if you can see the border a few blocks away from you, or even seeing it at all being close to you, however this map could be interesting if it were implemented as a Battlegrounds map, or even a TF2 map. But although you have followed how big the average map should be, in a way the design makes the map in general look a little small. Or it could be the airship as well, that's why size can be important, but remember not to make the map too big, because it would be boring for players roaming around all day finding people to kill. c:

Lastly, I recommend the actual, and natural layout of the map, should be in a way seemingly more legitimate. Because from what I can see is that you have added details like buildings and small structures within an extreme heights biome as well as a forest biome. You can go ahead and maybe edit your own trees, or you can make your own mountains too! It really brings out how much effort you've put in your map. c:

So overall, you have to focus on the main, following points in the future:
  • Increase map radius.
  • Position Cornucopia to center if it isn't.
  • Try to add a little more chaos to it.
  • Try some terraforming
In the meantime, I wish you the best of luck! :D

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
In a way, I really do admire the giant airship that floats in the map. However there are some issues in the map in general. The map overall doesn't really bring out the World war III kind of feeling, I kind of was expecting a lot more destruction to indicate a large battle, it is a warzone after all. c:

Maybe try to make a giant hole on the airship or something like that and you can go for including fire in it too, to show how it's been attacked and that the ship is malfunctioning.

I also think that what you have done with the cornucopia really is creative, and I like how it is in a helicopter, however you gotta make sure that the place the cornucopia is should be right at the center of the map. If it is the case that it is in the center of the map, then it would seem as if the arena is a little too small...

Which leads to my next point, map radius increase. The map, in a way seems a little too small if you can see the border a few blocks away from you, or even seeing it at all being close to you, however this map could be interesting if it were implemented as a Battlegrounds map, or even a TF2 map. But although you have followed how big the average map should be, in a way the design makes the map in general look a little small. Or it could be the airship as well, that's why size can be important, but remember not to make the map too big, because it would be boring for players roaming around all day finding people to kill. c:

Lastly, I recommend the actual, and natural layout of the map, should be in a way seemingly more legitimate. Because from what I can see is that you have added details like buildings and small structures within an extreme heights biome as well as a forest biome. You can go ahead and maybe edit your own trees, or you can make your own mountains too! It really brings out how much effort you've put in your map. c:

• Increase map radius.
  • Try some terraforming
Could you give us this kind of feedback on out map highfeild estate ? :)

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Could you give us this kind of feedback on out map highfeild estate ? :)
I looked at Highfield Estate, and I was mesmerized. I don't really see any improvement needed in Highfield, but the only recommendation for the Deathmatch arena is to add some more obstacles, to make it a little more interesting. ;)

Reaction score

• Increase map radius.
  • Try some terraforming
Why do you always nail it

benji_r

Career
Reaction score
I looked at Highfield Estate, and I was mesmerized. I don't really see any improvement needed in Highfield, but the only recommendation for the Deathmatch arena is to add some more obstacles, to make it a little more interesting. ;)
Could you just ctrl+c then ctrl+v on the highfield thread? :D

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
Bentomkeke means this comment ^

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
So I just posted on your Maps in Progress thread and now I see that you have finished this map.

Please take no offense but I generally feel this will not get accepted.

The theme is there, it has the potential, but the builds don't live up to that potential. They aren't detailed enough, along with some of the basic ideas such as the random bunkers and things.

I would strongly suggest you take what I said, and what others said who have criticized this, into consideration.

wakka3TonicPvP

Spectator
Reaction score
Well really this map needs tons of improvement. I respect your efforts but it is clear you have done this off a default minecraft world and there are too many trees.I would look and all the different buildings in ww1 and 2 and start on a superflat world and do every block 1 by 1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci