• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

WTF? Is this going to get fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xErik75125690x

Spectator
Reaction score
And I sorta know a fix that is possible maybe (Because I'm a developer) there's a method in the Player class of bukkit, which is

if (player.canSee(otherPlayer)) { } so if you'd put that in an EntityDamageByEntityEvent you could cancel it if the player cannot see otherPlayer. Then to get the other player visible :p

Ag | Alex

District 13
Reaction score
I know that when I sometimes play adventure maps with my brother, when we get teleported to an area, there is a chance that we won't be able to see each other or one of us can't see the other. It happens when we teleport, just like when you are teleported to deathmatch. Maybe it has something to do with that?

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
xD It was Spotify
And I sorta know a fix that is possible maybe (Because I'm a developer) there's a method in the Player class of bukkit, which is

if (player.canSee(otherPlayer)) { } so if you'd put that in an EntityDamageByEntityEvent you could cancel it if the player cannot see otherPlayer. Then to get the other player visible :p
Just a side note here, do not double post (post multiple times in a row), if there is something you need to edit in, use the edit button on the bottom of your post! :)

Also, as people have said before, this is an occasional bug that has been going on for quite some time now. I recommend posting something identifying this in the Bug Reports section of the forums to alert the developers easier. For now I don't know if this is a top issue seeing as it is very rare, but we always work to solve all issues ;)

For now I am going to move this thread to Bug Reports for the purpose of finding a more direct way of alerting the developing team about this.

Thank you and have a nice day c:

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score

That wouldnt work - its not a matter of who can see who, the client (you) didnt load the other player properly, it has nothing to do with the server. Sometimes this happens when your Minecraft's ram usage is high. (Teleporting, loading entities, and switching worlds sometimes do this). I commonly have this problem while trying to do too many things at once (main & alt account, IDE, localhost server and a video on my crappy laptop :p)

If it was an easy fix like this, I am sure the developers would have thought of this.
Is it just me or does that look like full bright/increased gamma?
Could be the texture pack, but I agree it does look fishy.

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
That wouldnt work - its not a matter of who can see who, the client (you) didnt load the other player properly, it has nothing to do with the server. Sometimes this happens when your Minecraft's ram usage is high. (Teleporting, loading entities, and switching worlds sometimes do this). I commonly have this problem while trying to do too many things at once (main & alt account, IDE, localhost server and a video on my crappy laptop :p)

If it was an easy fix like this, I am sure the developers would have thought of this.

Could be the texture pack, but I agree it does look fishy.
God I hate the new forum update...

But it's most likely not the texture pack, there's like no dark spots, and that dm arena isn't the brightest of places.

K

KiDD

It is probably just a bug, but your connection, (your connection isn't your ping,) can also come into play. Most likely a bug though. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci