• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why I don't like the Catching Fire map/Plugin Improvement Ideas

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
I personally do not like the Catching Fire map. Here's why:

1. Corn is simply boring, no structure at the middle like the real thing
  2. The map is a bowl. No variation in terrain, it just slowly goes up as you head outwards. There are no small valleys, or anything to switch things up.
  3. Minimal Undergrowth, in the movie they had to bush through think undergrowth at times. There should be tons of bushes and vines to make traveling more difficult.
  4. Disasters don't to permanent/long term damage to a tribute. In the book and movie, disasters often did long term, or permanent damage to a tribute. In Quarter Quell there is no real side effect for being in a disaster after it occurs. Having disasters do long term damage would make it more interesting, as you would need to try harder to avoid a disaster. Example: After the TNT Rain, your hearts are cut in half for 3 minutes, simulating a wound. The use of potions could also be cool side effects.

Last edited:

screacher90

Career
Reaction score
I haven't played QQ but you do reference the movie a lot and i don't think that they were aiming to achieve an exact replica of the movie.

Professor Nub

Platinum
Reaction score
There actually was no mention of creeks. Katniss' team got water from the tool sponsored to them, the spile.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
I haven't played QQ but you do reference the movie a lot and i don't think that they were aiming to achieve an exact replica of the movie.
It would never going to be "exact", but it was suppose to be close. What else is it based off of then?

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score

2. The map is a bowl. No variation in terrain, it just slowly goes up as you head outwards. There are no small valleys, or anything to switch things up.
  3. No creeks, in the movie there were small creeks. How else were tributes suppose to find water?
  4. Minimal Undergrowth, in the movie they had to bush through think undergrowth at times. There should be tons of bushes and vines to make traveling more difficult.
  5. Disasters don't to permanent/long term damage to a tribute. In the book and movie, disasters often did long term, or permanent damage to a tribute. In Quarter Quell there is no real side effect for being in a disaster after it occurs. Having disasters do long term damage would make it more interesting, as you would need to try harder to avoid a disaster. Example: After the TNT Rain, your hearts are cut in half for 3 minutes, simulating a wound. The use of potions could also be cool side effects.
In my opinion this map is not supposed be mainly about the buildings. This map mainly focuses on gameplay (although the trees and stuff are really cool). Also with the Catching Fire map there were no small creeks. The only main water source was at Corn and it was salt water. In the Catching Fire all the fresh water was literally INSIDE the trees. When you say there were small creeks, then you are talking about the first Hunger Games arena. If you are mixing these two up then you might want to either start reading the books or watch the movie.

Sir Royal

Experienced
Reaction score

3. No creeks, in the movie there were small creeks. How else were tributes suppose to find water?
  4. Minimal Undergrowth, in the movie they had to bush through think undergrowth at times. There should be tons of bushes and vines to make traveling more difficult.
  5. Disasters don't to permanent/long term damage to a tribute. In the book and movie, disasters often did long term, or permanent damage to a tribute. In Quarter Quell there is no real side effect for being in a disaster after it occurs. Having disasters do long term damage would make it more interesting, as you would need to try harder to avoid a disaster. Example: After the TNT Rain, your hearts are cut in half for 3 minutes, simulating a wound. The use of potions could also be cool side effects.
1. If there was a cornucopia, that would mean tributes on the horn end of the cornucopia would have an unfair advantage as they would need to run a bit further to reach supplies. For this reason, the cornucopia is now a "corn" since there is no copia =)

2. In the book, AND the movie, the arena is a bowl aswell. Kind of ironic since you hate the arena BECAUSE it doesn't follow the movie/book.

3. Um, it's water. Seriously?

4. This wouldn't make the map funner at all, it would just make it a hassle and an annoyance.

5. Your heart is in the right place, but unfortunately things like that would just not happen, since they actually might make pvp and survival "fun." :/

(I agree on 5, lol)

Mint_Sibs

District 13
Reaction score

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
1. If there was a cornucopia, that would mean tributes on the horn end of the cornucopia would have an unfair advantage as they would need to run a bit further to reach supplies. For this reason, the cornucopia is now a "corn" since there is no copia =)

2. In the book, AND the movie, the arena is a bowl aswell. Kind of ironic since you hate the arena BECAUSE it doesn't follow the movie/book.

3. Um, it's water. Seriously?

4. This wouldn't make the map funner at all, it would just make it a hassle and an annoyance.

5. Your heart is in the right place, but unfortunately things like that would just not happen, since they actually might make pvp and survival "fun." :/

(I agree on 5, lol)
yes it would be a general shape of a bowl, just some kind of variation here and there.

J

Joel/MadDawg

3. Minimal Undergrowth, in the movie they had to bush through think undergrowth at times. There should be tons of bushes and vines to make traveling more difficult.
  4. Disasters don't to permanent/long term damage to a tribute. In the book and movie, disasters often did long term, or permanent damage to a tribute. In Quarter Quell there is no real side effect for being in a disaster after it occurs. Having disasters do long term damage would make it more interesting, as you would need to try harder to avoid a disaster. Example: After the TNT Rain, your hearts are cut in half for 3 minutes, simulating a wound. The use of potions could also be cool side effects.
1. As people have already said, including the horn would put the people who spawned behind it at a huge disadvantage.
2. I have spotted one cave while playing the map, but I would be completely fine with some more terrain variation.
3. I think having some more undergrowth would be cool, but if you add too much it wrecks pvp.
4. This is a good idea, I'm for it :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci