• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why even have SGC/QQ if they're not going to be maintained?

Deliciousfruit1

Survivor
Reaction score
This has been bugging me for about a year. From the time of release, SGC and QQ have been pretty much ignored when it comes to bugfixes. It's not from lack of bug reports either. There's been reports up for all these bugs ever since the new bug reporting system came out (as well as just on the forums before it came out), yet mods still redirect people there despite the rules saying not to file duplicates anyways. The deathmatch lightning in QQ has been in the bug reports section for months. The chests not resetting in SGC has been well-known since the day the gamemode came out, and now 3 of the maps are gone from the poll and the one that's left doesn't always reset.

Do the devs not care? About a month after V2 completely broke QQ, there was an update to QQ that stopped DM from happening 1 minute after grace period ended, only it made DM not happen at all. About a week later, that was fixed but the lightning in DM wasn't. Even the most basic playtesting would've exposed these bugs, because they ruin every single game.

Shouldn't game-breaking bugs like these have a higher priority than something like minor map fixes that people don't even notice all that much? Pretty much no one plays QQ anymore because of the DM lightning, and SGC only has games start because games somewhat work and the players required to start reduced to 6 (plus a lot of the people who play know each other).

Why do the gamemodes even exist if they're not going to get even the most basic bugfixes to make them work properly? If it's not being fixed because not enough players play, at least tell everyone.

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
I think the devs want to work on the MCSG gamemode because it is by far the most popular and is played by the majority of players on MCGamer. But I have to agree with you, why were these gamemodes made if they aren't going to be maintained? However I know the devs are working extremely hard on other things such as the much awaited leaderboard update and new forums. I really miss the creative servers too but I'm just trying to be patient and hopefully these broken gamemodes will be sorted eventually c:

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The fact is, the devs have better things to be working on. Only a very few people play on those gamemodes, so bug fixes for MCSG are a much higher priority. All i can say is, be patient.

Also please keep in mind the fact that all the devs have personal lives and things they have to do other than MCGamer.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
The fact is, the devs have better things to be working on. Only a very few people play on those gamemodes, so bug fixes for MCSG are a much higher priority. All i can say is, be patient.

Also please keep in mind the fact that all the devs have personal lives and things they have to do other than MCGamer.
But do all of the devs have to be working on the same thing, like can't like 1 dev occasionally check in on the other gametypes?

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Most gamemodes get nothing but neglect, and nobody really plays them. I doubt AntVenom would even care if MCGamer went back to only MCSG.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
But do all of the devs have to be working on the same thing, like can't like 1 dev occasionally check in on the other gametypes?
In the case of the LBU and MCG v2, it's all hands on deck. Those are large-scale updates with a community-wide reach, so full focus is put on those in order to release those. Otherwise our Devs are scattered and distracted, and generally less productive overall. It's the difference between multitasking across 5 tasks instead of putting your absolute focus into one.
That being said, periodic fixes have been made even during the LBU, but they've been pushed for the more popular gametypes. Fixing minor bugs like the ones on fully-supported and well understood MCSG are relatively easy compared to the bugs that may be found on other gametypes, which may take a day or more to research and fix.

My understanding is that after the LBU is pushed (which it should be quite soon, according to the Dev chats), the Devs will reconvene and decide what to tackle next. I believe bug fixes for other gamemodes like QQ, and a restoration of Creative, are going to be a high priority for them.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
In the case of the LBU and MCG v2, it's all hands on deck. Those are large-scale updates with a community-wide reach, so full focus is put on those in order to release those. Otherwise our Devs are scattered and distracted, and generally less productive overall. It's the difference between multitasking across 5 tasks instead of putting your absolute focus into one.
That being said, periodic fixes have been made even during the LBU, but they've been pushed for the more popular gametypes. Fixing minor bugs like the ones on fully-supported and well understood MCSG are relatively easy compared to the bugs that may be found on other gametypes, which may take a day or more to research and fix.

My understanding is that after the LBU is pushed (which it should be quite soon, according to the Dev chats), the Devs will reconvene and decide what to tackle next. I believe bug fixes for other gamemodes like QQ, and a restoration of Creative, are going to be a high priority for them.
Thanks as always for the updates Col :p

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks as always for the updates Col :p
No problem. I'd prefer it if the Devs discussed things like this more often, and they've agreed to do so after the LBU update is pushed. But until then, I've taken it upon myself to act as their messenger.

Exzone

District 13
Reaction score
Developers need to be connected when they're doing their job. One developer can't do anything alone... It's about team work :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci