• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why do people listen to bad singers?

Blazerboy | Noah

District 13
Reaction score
guess what, the music that you like?
someone thinks its just as bad as the rap and trash that you're talking bad about.

people have different tastes, get over it.

ThatTyle

Platinum
Reaction score
Simple Answer: People have different perceptions of the word "bad."
I personally don't enjoy listening to the type of music that you mentioned, but I know people who do.
As cubes said.

Otherwise, I have times where I listen to songs that I used to think were "bad" (Five Seconds of Summer) and listen to them a lot more now on Spotify ;)

H

Holiday

guess what, the music that you like?
someone thinks its just as bad as the rap and trash that you're talking bad about.

people have different tastes, get over it.
I completely agree. Music is like food. There's some foods that you may strongly dislike and others you may love. However, not everyone grows up to love the same kind of food! Totally random comparison. c:

RelentlessForce

Diamond
Reaction score
Reason I listen to old school rap / gangsta rap is because of the story behind the songs. The most successful well-known rappers for example are Tupac and Biggie smalls.

I'm not a fan of the"rap" nowadays and what rap has become, but some people like it. Just comes down to taste in music and what people enjoy listening too I guess..

Dj_Quik

Platinum
Reaction score
Reason I listen to old school rap / gangsta rap is because of the story behind the songs. The most successful well-known rappers for example are Tupac and Biggie smalls.

I'm not a fan of the"rap" nowadays and what rap has become, but some people like it. Just comes down to taste in music and what people enjoy listening too I guess..
I agree with you, im not really the biggest fan of tupac or biggie, but music in that genre such as eazy e, naughty by nature, mc ren, and others that are around that time period. i just dont see what people like about mainstream music nowadays, it just sounds horrible

Rasclarts

Experienced
Reaction score
Listen to oldschool music, i listen to older rap. i cant stand newer rap or just new music in generall
then youre listening to the wrong rap... takes some effort but there's loads of good modern music if you're willing to experiment and find it

Reaction score
Well... there's different opinions on "bad". I like electronic music/dubstep and anyone could say that's "bad" and I could say their music is "bad".

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Let me tell you something ;).
I guess you are not a Hip-Hop/Rap fan, which is fine, you shouldn't be forced to!
A lot of the rap songs that are published onto the charts these days do contain a lot of sex, money etc. Why? Well, sex sells! Artists produce catchy, trashy and lyrically bad songs as there singles, this then being on the charts.
Which is why so many people criticize artists and music today saying it's floppy, trash etc, because they only listen to what they hear on the charts, NOT the album.

I wouldn't say there is any talent-less artists out there today.
Example; A lot of people pound on Nicki Minaj when they talk about sex and trashy music.
She has made songs like "Anaconda" that show that clearly, but that's only because it's a single! Listen to her other songs like The Crying Game, All things go, I lied, Marilyn Monroe etc. They are well written and never underestimate rappers, there lyrical talent (some) is incredible, the rhymes, the flow, the impact is so amazing and breathtaking. Only professional music critiques can really identify that.

Anyway, back onto "talent-less artists", I've only highlighted lyrical talent.
My opinion, I feel like people say "auto-tuned artists" have no talent, because there to busy comparing artists to the weaker ones. There are people who use autotune more than others, that doesn't mean they are bad artists, singing just might not be there priority or strength, writing songs, producing etc might be there specialty. I also think artists, even if they are "trash" have fans because the message they have in there songs connects with certain people.

Hope that answers your question :p Never written so much in my life!​
The radio and social media just helps give many popular music artists a bad rep, constantly ripping on them for songs they make and things they do. Unfortunately, mostly the trashy songs are the ones put up on the radio and are the ones that become the most famous.

Dj_Quik

Platinum
Reaction score
then youre listening to the wrong rap... takes some effort but there's loads of good modern music if you're willing to experiment and find it
If you can name a good rap song on the top 100 then i will listen to it, but mainstream music is terrible, there is good underground rap out nowadays but it is UNDERGROUND.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci