• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Where Did MCSG Go?

Bossy

Diamond
Reaction score
I find that the /d feature has improved a lot since 2013/2014! The old one had major bugs and was very easy to pick someone out of chat... but the new one gives you a custom skin and stats. The name isn't created by combining 2 names and 2 numbers anymore. I personalty think that the /disguise feature works very nicely.

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
Fns glitch is a problem, eating glitch occasionally. Never even heard of the other glitches being a problem

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
While this thread is mainly directed at developers, there are a couple points I know about and can talk about.

Next you have to listen more to the community.
There is a more silent part of the community, likely not registered on the forums, that always uses the most up-to-date version of minecraft, so to keep that audience, it's best for us to update as soon as possible after an update comes out. Last I heard, the latest updates have the highest percentage of players, but the vocal ones here on the forums are the ones who use 1.7 or 1.8 more. As for listening to the community's ideas, I'd rather have a developer or admin answer that because I don't really know what goes on behind the scenes and if/how they review ideas that come up on the forums.
- Bring back the SG signs (1-200) and the 8 hubs:
From what I know, this isn't going to happen. It was a good system back then, but it's evolved into a newer system now, which is more efficient, and probably easier on the developer side to fix or edit. If we were to change it back to that, it'd be a huge project. What we used before will be too outdated, and it will take time out of the other projects to create the new system.
- Bring Alaskan Village back to US
From what I know it is supposed to come back, but I don't know any exact date.
- Bring back the Master Sword and stone sword on Valleyside
When Valleyside was submitted, we didn't have the 'No OP items' rule, and finding items in the map was fairly common. Since we added that rule though, I guess it was time to take those out of such a popular map.
- Change the hub
I agree with getting a new hub. This one doesn't really feel like the MCG hubs have in the past. I liked the ones on solid ground, with lots of fun stuff to do. I also liked it when we had the day/night cycle in sync with the region's real daylight cycle. We'll need a big crowd asking for it though if we want a new hub.

Sorry I couldn't respond to everything, but this what I felt comfortable answering.

NateNatural

Platinum
Reaction score
I find that the /d feature has improved a lot since 2013/2014! The old one had major bugs and was very easy to pick someone out of chat... but the new one gives you a custom skin and stats. The name isn't created by combining 2 names and 2 numbers anymore. I personalty think that the /disguise feature works very nicely.
I agree for the most part. When someone does /d, it does not give you custom stats. I could /d and someone could check my stats while I'm disguised and my stats will come up.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
My first instinct was to go into defensive mode and attack threads like this, and then a realized

that I agree with you.

Everyone does.

:)

Johqn

Quantum
Reaction score
My first instinct was to go into defensive mode and attack threads like this, and then a realized

that I agree with you.

Everyone does.

:)
Its fine.. as long as we all love turtles then we're all going to be okay!

Mortalx9000

Experienced
Reaction score
When Valleyside was submitted, we didn't have the 'No OP items' rule, and finding items in the map was fairly common. Since we added that rule though, I guess it was time to take those out of such a popular map.
Then modify that kind of stupid rules (a stone sword isn't op at all and the iron sword had a redstone contraption), if people want so bad those swords just listen to them and bring them back because when people tell the staff that they don't give a bunnies about what they say it's exactly because of that... We have been asking for those minor issues that we all enjoyed to the fixed and you guys still believe that you should keep those rules.

What mcsg needs is change, and in my opinion it's not about trying to create something new but bring back what we all enjoyed. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Reactions: Pyr

Pyr

Platinum
Reaction score
Then modify that kind of stupid rules (a stone sword isn't op at all and the iron sword had a redstone contraption), if people want so bad those swords just listen to them and bring them back because when people tell the staff that they don't give a bunnies about what they say it's exactly because of that... We have been asking for those minor issues that we all enjoyed to the fixed and you guys still believe that you should keep those rules.

What mcsg needs is change, and in my opinion it's not about trying to create something new but bring back what we all enjoyed. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
There are many minor problems and huge problems. They focus more on one whole thing and forget about the rest of the flaws

JustEnergy

Tribute
Reaction score
Tbh I would love them to go back to the way it was before MCGamer V2 and just completely restart from where they went wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci