• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What PC should I get?

Hiperdino

Experienced
Reaction score
Hey guys, my computer lately (iMac ;-; ) has been going very slow, witch is normal, because I've had that Mac since 2010 lol, anyway I would like to ask for your help on recommending what I should do to get a new PC, that can run games such as Rust, CSGO... I have a budget of 800 euros (873 dollars) and can't spend any more, because that is all my savings xD.
Should I build a PC? Buy a premade one?
Any help is appreciated :)

Edge

Platinum
Reaction score
i have no experience rip ;-; but yh get a new pc xD

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
i have no experience rip ;-; but yh get a new pc xD
Wow, look at you being all helpful..

Building your own computer will always guarantee more value for the money, but it does require some researching and background knowledge to know how to do so, as well as how to assemble it properly. There are tons of tutorials on how to do that online, as well as a section with people happy to help: http://www.mcgamer.net/forums/computer-and-tech-support.177/

Hiperdino

Experienced
Reaction score

Hiperdino

Experienced
Reaction score
I wasn't aware of the existance of that section, can a mod please move this thread to it's appropriate section? :) Polsito

PiikaBoy

Spectator
Reaction score
I would suggest getting an Asus K501UX. It's pretty affordable, and I have it. Here's some pros and cons:

Pros
- NVidia GeForce GTX 950M
- Intel Core i7
- Can run most games at "High" graphics with no lag (ex. Skyrim, Minecraft w/ shaders, Grand Theft Auto V)
- Sets up in 15 seconds from power on
- Backlit keyboard
- Can run Windows 8 or 10 (I suggest 10)
- Comes with 2-year warranty from Asus
- Very light and thin
- Cheap

Cons
- Has only 256 GB inside of it (excluding RAM) so you might want to consider getting a $60 chip with some more gigs.
- Many of them have a touchpad that sticks out, so you'd have to invest in a mouse (which is smart anyway)
- The lighting system is kind of weird, you have to hold fn before turning up brightness, many PCs come with a separate button
- Battery only lasts about 3 hours without using high-CPU games, only about 1 1/2 with high-CPU games
- The aluminum backing is a fingerprint magnet (personally I don't care, though, I decorate it with stickers.)
- Only comes in a silvery grey, so if it says "blue" on the online order, it's probably wrong.

Overall, I really like it. I've had this unit since Christmas and it's held up pretty well, and I do a lot of writing, reading, blogging, and casual gaming on it. I wouldn't bother listening to the negative reviews, due to the fact it's outrun by many, many positives. So yeah, there you go. I can answer more questions if you'd like, too!

Mymike

Platinum
Reaction score
I built my own computer and it was a great idea!, I recommend it to you as well! I was a little skeptical when thinking about building my own pc but it was worth it in the end. Definitely be sure that you research the parts that you want to buy and when they all come that you watch lots of tutorials so you are more comfortable when building, and be sure to have fun!

Hiperdino

Experienced
Reaction score
I would suggest getting an Asus K501UX. It's pretty affordable, and I have it. Here's some pros and cons:

Pros
- NVidia GeForce GTX 950M
- Intel Core i7
- Can run most games at "High" graphics with no lag (ex. Skyrim, Minecraft w/ shaders, Grand Theft Auto V)
- Sets up in 15 seconds from power on
- Backlit keyboard
- Can run Windows 8 or 10 (I suggest 10)
- Comes with 2-year warranty from Asus
- Very light and thin
- Cheap

Cons
- Has only 256 GB inside of it (excluding RAM) so you might want to consider getting a $60 chip with some more gigs.
- Many of them have a touchpad that sticks out, so you'd have to invest in a mouse (which is smart anyway)
- The lighting system is kind of weird, you have to hold fn before turning up brightness, many PCs come with a separate button
- Battery only lasts about 3 hours without using high-CPU games, only about 1 1/2 with high-CPU games
- The aluminum backing is a fingerprint magnet (personally I don't care, though, I decorate it with stickers.)
- Only comes in a silvery grey, so if it says "blue" on the online order, it's probably wrong.

Overall, I really like it. I've had this unit since Christmas and it's held up pretty well, and I do a lot of writing, reading, blogging, and casual gaming on it. I wouldn't bother listening to the negative reviews, due to the fact it's outrun by many, many positives. So yeah, there you go. I can answer more questions if you'd like, too!
Thank you very much for the help! I already have a mouse so it's no problem, if I have any further questions I'll ask you, thanks again!

Zyrtek

Spectator
Reaction score
Here's a PC Part Picker That I created For you, runs most games at 60fps Ultra.
You can exchange the card if you would rather have different setttings. (GTX960/R9 380)
And you can change out the processor for 4690k instead of the 6660k
16GB Ram really isn't needed, and 2TB Hard drive should be solid for everything, add an SSD if you would like!
This is a build i would buy and you can change case for other cases just personal preference for me.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3XTXK8
NO OS SO I RECOMMEND YOU TO GET IT ON TO A BOOTABLE USB DRIVE TO SAVE 100$

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci