• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What makes the forums interesting?

Creepah

Career
Reaction score
Hello there.

Recently I've been browsing the these forums wondering what it has been lacking, and the one thing I've noticed is controversy. Not as in someone posting a rant thread about 1.8 thinking they're unique and their thread isn't going to be locked, I mean someone doing something controversial or not really what's in the norm. But why? Think about it.

Let us look at the most popular thread as of this post, Nirmit's "hacking" which is actually him hoping to get a new start (I frankly don't have much of an opinion on the matter, but quality and purposeful posting may be a better way to improve your reputation), with over 7 pages of posts and 1.2k views. That's more attention than a thread of mine has ever received, because you know why? It's controversial. The community is split with their points of view, there's a clash of opinions and people are disagreeing with each other, and it wasn't locked until Nirmit admitted to faking it allowing for healthy discussions on the topic, and that to be honest, was the most interesting thread I've seen in the last week.

So if you are deciding whether or not to post something as it may be controversial, do it. You may get it locked straight away, yes, but then you might have many people agreeing with you and your thread will become a hive of discussion. The forums are here to agree and disagree, to prove and falsify, to be human. Let's ignite conversation, and let's make these forums the best in the Minecraft community!

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
Tbh, threads like those that cause a nice debate are a favorite of mine. Otherwise at those threads that say #1.7bringitbak?!!!1!1!1, I just laugh, and answer with a no. XD

Reaction score
Wow over 1k views. I tried and I try but fixing my reputation doesn't work? maybe I am the cornstealer? The forums are interesting when you are new. The amount of time you spend when you are at 300 posts trying to make it too a 1,000 posts is too dam high. I know that feeling. Once you get too a thousand you slow down, but its all about how you see it of-course. I was spending so much time on here, I catch the bus and I use my personal hotspot that I used to be at 100% in a couple of days. The reason that the forums were interesting to me was, because of the tribute times.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
I actually like most forum discussions. It's easier to list what makes the forums boring. For one, threads that spam the forums or are there only for flame are discussions that make the forums boring. Also, threads that are only about 3 words are rather pointless and do nothing but flood the forums. Finally, I don't like threads that are obviously negative (whether sarcastic or not).

My favorite type of discussion is a well-written rather long one. I know that most people probably don't sit down and read long threads, but I do. And, to be honest, I read parts of it again. In my opinion, Mooclan's threads are pretty well-written and they're overall good reads.

SonicSplit

Career
Reaction score
I think the forums are interesting because of the community interaction. For example everyone likes to mentioned on a stream by one of their idols, why not go to a place where you can do that daily(even though you can technically do that in twitch however when it comes to living Asia, there isn't many interesting streamers on when I am awake). That is the forums for you ^_^

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
I honestly struggled with coming up with what makes the forums interesting, because it has lacked a lot of interest and activity.
I would say the people are quite interesting, everyone is different.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Honestly, Creeper. I think that the most recent threads you have produced are always straight to the point. And I enjoy reading every single word of each of them, because they are practically the truth. Also, I have some plans coming at way, but still under my consideration. Creeper, I would honestly love to see more threads from you. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci