• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What have we come to?

NickSharpx ☆

District 13
Reaction score
I agree with all of the points and I recognize how toxic and crappy this has become.
It's simply because of tryhards who can't recognize how, as you said, this is a game about blocks.
However, I must agree with others saying all (or most) of the actual maps are insanely great, amazing and let the efforts that have been put in their realization shine, so, THANK YOU. Also, just because people don't generally say thanks it's not because they don't recognize your job but it's because it's obvious...
Also, the main reason why we can't actually teach good manners to a big part of this community, it's because of them coming from nations where they don't have the occasion to learn proper English (and that's also why most of them don't play by the rules)... (Eg that's why most of Turks hack and use macros, they simply don't know about how much they be risking with bans)...

Also I still remember the old days when we had amazing events everybody loved, back at the times when we had no hub and had to copy and paste the IP in the direct connect section, when if you wrote a message in English people didn't reply in their language and everybody collaborated to win and not only, MOSTLY TO HAVE FUN.
I can still remember me, back when I had something like 120 points and I didn't even know wins registered being teamed with some guy with 3.400 points (I think I still have the screenshots) and later fighting him with a fish we fished in the SG3 spawn area... Ahhh the nostalgia.
Let's also mention PMC servers... What can I say.. AMAZING! (Actually, I think that something like PMC servers should be re-done sometime :p)

Once again thanks, not only to the map makers but also to the devs, staff and Chad.

TheRealHumanFinn

Survivor
Reaction score
I think that this is the biggest problem in our community, makes me gring at my screen when people say things like rekt etc. It would be great if it was a joke but nowadays it all about putting ur self on the throne and not giving a damn for anyone else.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I am 9000000% grateful of you making this thread. I'm just too tired of seeing all these threads complaining and being so pointedly rude toward the staff and some community members. Some complaint threads are alright, because it reminds us of our priorities and what the community wants and thinks, but when it becomes excessive, all it does is cause stress for the staff members who try to calm these people down, and stress for those who are angry because they're so caught up in trying to prove that they are right or whatever. I dislike the general community opinion of the staff nowadays, and dislike the viewpoint that is not given to new community members. It seems like every new player immediately is pushed into the mindset that the staff don't do anything and that everything here sucks, etc. and in general things just go downhill after that.

So what do we do to fix this? The million dollar question. How do we go about this, on both the staff and the community side, to insure that there is better communication and a better relationship between the two because if the players and the staff are constantly fighting, we can't implement fun things on the network that are needed or wanted.

Mirko

Quantum
Reaction score
Thank you a lot of everything, Nick.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So what do we do to fix this? The million dollar question. How do we go about this, on both the staff and the community side, to insure that there is better communication and a better relationship between the two because if the players and the staff are constantly fighting, we can't implement fun things on the network that are needed or wanted.
We do the most obvious choice: we educate everyone.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Of course, when looking at the past we tend to forget all of the issues. I joined the forums in the first place because I was getting abused by other people. It might be somewhat worse now, but there was still LeafyGreenTea and others like him, staff and community tensions (Arena Master anyone?), and insults. Though there may be more divisions, the bonds that are there are much stronger than years ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci