• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Waterfall Resort MCSG map

Do you like this map?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.8%
  • No

Votes: 29 14.2%

• Total voters

ThisJKid

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't even know what to say, it just looks so awesome..
Just trying to imagine what the play would be like and I'm sure there are so many different situations which could occur in this map that it would be awesome. Get it added!

Tekniik

Experienced
Reaction score
Really awesome map. Can I join your build team? I have really good ideas of what to add on. If you don't have build team. Make one as call it Wooly Kings. Or something like that.

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
Sweet map! Honestly, when I first looked at the name of the map I thought it was going to be a Holiday Resort remake, good job!

Kingwolly84

Survivor
Reaction score
I don't even know what to say, it just looks so awesome..
Just trying to imagine what the play would be like and I'm sure there are so many different situations which could occur in this map that it would be awesome. Get it added!
Thanks alot ThisJKid, Very kind words :D my goal was to make something totally diffrent :D

Really awesome map. Can I join your build team? I have really good ideas of what to add on. If you don't have build team. Make one as call it Wooly Kings. Or something like that.
Hey Steven_Black, Thanks alot :D I am sorry but i dont even have a server to invite ppl. I am just playing minecraft so i need to learn alot myself. I also just started a new project for my work so i dont really have the time anymore till next year. But i am planning to make another map when this is a succes. I let you know when ;)

This is awesome :)
Thanks alot OMQ12, I really like it you guys love it. It motivates me to make more maps.

This is an awesome map I wanna play it now lol
Hehe thanks TurtleBombPro, glad you like it so much :D

Sweet map! Honestly, when I first looked at the name of the map I thought it was going to be a Holiday Resort remake, good job!
Hehe thanks Brandon6895, You are not the first one. Maby i need the change the name.

Guinessis

Experienced
Reaction score
Downloaded the map and took a look around, here are my thoughts/opinions.

First, a disclaimer. While I find it very impressive that you made this entire map by hand, if it is implemented on the servers very few people will take that into account when deciding if they like the map or not. How the map was built or who built it is ultimately irrelevant to the MCSG player base as they tear around the map looking for the tier 2 chests. Same goes for "side projects", "solo projects", or anything else in that vein - when it comes down to it the players just don't care about that sort of thing ;) . So I will judge it as is, comparing to maps currently accepted to MCSG.

With that out of the way, onto the map itself!

The theme is very cohesive and the map is well presented. It has a nice polished look to it from the air, and you've established a strong theme throughout. There were no "wtf is this doing here" moments.

Chests are placed in clever spots, and there are little tricks with vines and hidden parkours so you've definitely put a lot of thought into it.

I am not a fan of the caves. Since the hills themselves are shells, it is a bit jarring to walk into a hole in the hill and see that the entire hill is hollow. When using the default texture pack, this also means that you can see the grass peaking though the corners from the inside, and it makes the map feel paper thin.

There are several places where people can escape the map still. Keep in mind that you have to aggressively design against the players, who will scour the map for weak points and exploit them if possible. That's just the nature of the game. If there is one point that allows players to escape the map, you can bet that in a week or so half the players will make a beeline for it every game.

This brings me to one of my bigger concerns. Even if someone places the glass sphere for you (download single player commands, stand in the center, type //hsphere glass 200), since the map is not a circle you will still have lots and lots of places where players can escape to underneath the map. If you continue to do this by hand I anticipate the map requiring many many more hours sealing off the escape routes.

You clearly have the patience and dedication as evidenced by the map. I strongly recommend that you look into installing Single Player Commands, which will give you access to WorldEdit commands in Single Player. There is a learning curve, but it will save you a lot of time in the long run. Also, this will give you access to blocks you cannot access without mods (such as tree:13 etc) that would improve the look of your custom trees :).

In summary, the map is very impressive and looks like a blast, but I fear that you are handicapping yourself by not using all of the tools available to you. If building the map by hand is a matter of personal preference, prepare to spend many hours sealing of the map and patching holes so that players cannot enderpearl out. The only changes I'd recommend aside from fixing the holes and making the glass dome are making the hillside cave walls a few blocks thick.

Best of luck with the map!

Last edited:

Kingwolly84

Survivor
Reaction score
Downloaded the map and took a look around, here are my thoughts/opinions.

First, a disclaimer. While I find it very impressive that you made this entire map by hand, if it is implemented on the servers very few people will take that into account when deciding if they like the map or not. How the map was built or who built it is ultimately irrelevant to the MCSG player base as they tear around the map looking for the tier 2 chests. Same goes for "side projects", "solo projects", or anything else in that vein - when it comes down to it the players just don't care about that sort of thing ;) . So I will judge it as is, comparing to maps currently accepted to MCSG.

With that out of the way, onto the map itself!

The theme is very cohesive and the map is well presented. It has a nice polished look to it from the air, and you've established a strong theme throughout. There were no "wtf is this doing here" moments.

Chests are placed in clever spots, and there are little tricks with vines and hidden parkours so you've definitely put a lot of thought into it.

I am not a fan of the caves. Since the hills themselves are shells, it is a bit jarring to walk into a hole in the hill and see that the entire hill is hollow. When using the default texture pack, this also means that you can see the grass peaking though the corners from the inside, and it makes the map feel paper thin.

There are several places where people can escape the map still. Keep in mind that you have to aggressively design against the players, who will scour the map for weak points and exploit them if possible. That's just the nature of the game. If there is one point that allows players to escape the map, you can bet that in a week or so half the players will make a beeline for it every game.

This brings me to one of my bigger concerns. Even if someone places the glass sphere for you (download single player commands, stand in the center, type //hsphere glass 200), since the map is not a circle you will still have lots and lots of places where players can escape to underneath the map. If you continue to do this by hand I anticipate the map requiring many many more hours sealing off the escape routes.

You clearly have the patience and dedication as evidenced by the map. I strongly recommend that you look into installing Single Player Commands, which will give you access to WorldEdit commands in Single Player. There is a learning curve, but it will save you a lot of time in the long run. Also, this will give you access to blocks you cannot access without mods (such as tree:13 etc) that would improve the look of your custom trees :).

In summary, the map is very impressive and looks like a blast, but I fear that you are handicapping yourself by not using all of the tools available to you. If building the map by hand is a matter of personal preference, prepare to spend many hours sealing of the map and patching holes so that players cannot enderpearl out. The only changes I'd recommend aside from fixing the holes and making the glass dome are making the hillside cave walls a few blocks thick.

Best of luck with the map!
Hey Guinessis,

I want to thank you for your nice review and you are right about many things. I need to learn Worldedit but i think i am gonne finish this map by hands. I dont want to mess it up when i am learning Worldedit but i will use it on my next map for sure. Maby its smart to place a dome before i build :D

I will make the dome by hands i have a good idea for a nice dome :D I will fix the holes and change the caves a bit.
I dont mind spending many more hours to make it better.
Ty for all your tip :D

I would really like to play this map. Good job Kingwolly. ;)
Thanks alot GavwavMCSG Happy you like it :D

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Wow, that's... that's actually pretty cool. Nice job. Maybe a bit overboard on the torches, but they do make the lighting really nice on default.

hobo_skater

Tribute
Reaction score
I am really loving this map, although the lack of variety of textures might be a turn off for some people. Good job :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci