• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Voei's opinion on the chest update

Voei

Platinum
Reaction score

-----------------------------------------------------------
To the forum members:

I am fully aware of the fact that I will get hate for starting this thread. A lot of the members of the forum community are overly protective of their opinions and believe that they are always right. The amount of hate I've seen in the "Chest Update" section, aimed at users who disagree with the changes is unreal. The worst part about it, is that moderators seem to completely ignore that and voice their own opinion in a similar way. MCSG staff created this forum section for people to agree with OR complain about the changes and no one should ever be criticised for what they think. I have also noticed the whole "you didn't play in V1, you can't have an opinion" attitude, which in my opinion is pathetic. Please learn to respect other people's views, even if you don't agree with them.

To MCSG developers:
I really do appreciate the fact that they are trying their best to make the game better for us, but I am unsure if they are doing it in the right way. I loved how they carried out the surveys in-game, but if they aren't going to listen to the community's opinion, what's the point? As you can see in the two pictures above, most of us were against any changes to the chests so I honestly don't understand why the developers are still working on doing the complete opposite to what our members want. MCSG staff are paying a lot more attention to the forum members and forget that the forum community consists of a very small amount of players, compared to the hundreds of thousands of people that play on these servers. It is blatantly obvious that most users don't want change, so if you want to keep them happy, drastically changing them like you have is a terrible idea.

My own opinion:
Although I enjoy V2 a lot more than I enjoyed V1, I do think that reducing the amount of armour, arrows and sticks might make the game more exciting. However, I am against going back to V1 chests. I dislike the pointless items (bones, clocks, maps etc.), TNT, crafting tables and how hard it is to even obtain full leather. Since the community obviously doesn't like the idea, as you can tell from the polls, I think that the developers should either keep it the way it is, or only slightly reduce the amount of loot in chests. MCSG is more popular than it ever was. If everything is going well, there is no need for drastic changes.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
Wow, a reasonable person who is proud of their opinion and understands it's different from others!

Last edited:

flyon21

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Agree 1000000000% Percent
I personally hate the update. I know its the "Survival Games". But its really now like "Get a tier 3 or be killed by the guy who got, or even starve to death."

Huahwi

Diamond
Reaction score
Well said! Nerf tier 1 and 2 a bit and add tier 3!

Rebound4

Career
Reaction score
Well said :) I'm still to experience the new chest update but I'm glad this isnt just a one sided rant and you didn't mention names or anything like that. THIS is how you voice your opinion : D

slasherxtreme

District 13
Reaction score
The worst part about it, is that moderators seem to completely ignore that and voice their own opinion in a similar way.​
If you see a moderator ignore their job or act how they shouldn't report them to a higher up. If you see members bashing on other people's opinions and causing arguments, report them.
To MCSG developers:
I really do appreciate the fact that they are trying their best to make the game better for us, but I am unsure if they are doing it in the right way. I loved how they carried out the surveys in-game, but if they aren't going to listen to the community's opinion, what's the point? As you can see in the two pictures above, most of us were against any changes to the chests so I honestly don't understand why the developers are still working on doing the complete opposite to what our members want. MCSG staff are paying a lot more attention to the forum members and forget that the forum community consists of a very small amount of players, compared to the hundreds of thousands of people that play on these servers. It is blatantly obvious that most users don't want change, so if you want to keep them happy, drastically changing them like you have is a terrible idea.
This section of your post is something that is very wrong and something I strongly disagree with. I'm not saying that because you're voicing your opinion or speaking your mind. It's because there is no opinion in this section, only assumptions. You claim that the MCSG Developers are working against what the members want and are ignoring their ideas. This extremely wrong. To start off, the community complained the diamond armor in chests were too op. The devs listened and changed them to iron. The community claimed there were too many arrows. The devs listened and reduced it. So far the threads that basically repeat the same complaint has been taken into account and impacted the chest updates. With the pictures of the polls posted. People didn't want less items in chests, so there aren't. The devs did exactly what the community voted for. The amount of items spawning in chests are still the same. The second poll is a live poll that was put up after the chest update beta was out. The original reason everything was nerfed a bit was because of tier 3 chests coming into the game and with the v2 chests, there wouldn't be much of a difference between them. In addition, they'd be way too op. Which is something many people complain about. Teir 3s were a long time promise and now that it's in, they want to balance the game out so people can still have fun. Now with the recent poll up, it's a matter of tweaking it so it wouldn't be too op, while at the same time, pleasing majority of the people. The MCSG staff do not change things to make the game more fun for us. We do it so it's more fun for the community. That means everything we do is largely impacted by the community. Saying that we don't listen, and the devs don't listen, is a very large and untrue accusation that basically throws everything we work for in this community out the window.

MCSG is more popular than it ever was. If everything is going well, there is no need for drastic changes.
There is no need for drastic change, but there is a need for improvement. MCSG needs to improve as much as it can and as long as it can. Putting in new features and aspects to the game makes it more fun and interesting. If we keep improving then our community will keep expanding. That is our goal. To have as many people enjoy our servers as possible. If we keep everything the same, then the same people will continue to play and they will eventually get bored. The community will slowly die down due to the repetition of the games. Keeping everything the same will also steer players away from the community and more towards just mindlessly playing the game. If we have updates and new features, people will be more inclined to voice their opinion and join the forums to talk about it. If they do, they add on to our community. Staying the same is boring and will get us nowhere but down. Updates will help us, if we listen to the community.

MattZeeX

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Everybody should be like me, unbiased and easy going. I played V1, I like V1. I played V2, I like V2, really we just need to merge the good of both and then add tier 3s, simple, OR IS IT!?
xP

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The worst part about it, is that moderators seem to completely ignore that and voice their own opinion in a similar way.​
Where did you get this idea? I've been fighting for the Chest Update to not be implemented for the same reasons you've stated, but some members of this community are too stubborn to listen to other ideas.

Voei

Platinum
Reaction score
Where did you get this idea? I've been fighting for the Chest Update to not be implemented for the same reasons you've stated, but some members of this community are too stubborn to listen to other ideas.
I'm sorry if I worded that wrong. I'm not saying all the moderators are doing that. I don't want to list any names, but I've seen a few of them being VERY protective of their own opinion and disagreeing with others in a rude way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci