• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Virus protection suggestions

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
I need to protect my computer from anything bad. Im pretty much a noob when it comes to virus protection. I heard they can slow down your computer. All I really want it to protect my pc. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

LukeTheCat

Survivor
Reaction score
Macs can get viruses. The reason this argument was used in the past was because not a lot of people used Macs. They've always been able to get viruses but people didn't have a reason to develop them, as Windows had/has a much larger share of the PC market.

Macs can get viruses. Even a simple google search will tell you that.

I see that you've edited your post. You're still wrong.

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
Macs can get viruses. The reason this argument was used in the past was because not a lot of people used Macs. They've always been able to get viruses but people didn't have a reason to develop them, as Windows had/has a much larger share of the PC market.

Macs can get viruses. Even a simple google search will tell you that.
Ok maybe you can get a virus, but its so hard, why do you think there aren't any out there. Apples security is so good. Its hard to crack into anything. Like an iOS device.

In 2014 there were more Mac users than windows.
62% of the people who use the internet used a Mac. And 30% Windows.

LukeTheCat

Survivor
Reaction score
Ok maybe you can get a virus, but its so hard, why do you think there aren't any out there. Apples security is so good. Its hard to crack into anything. Like an iOS device.

In 2014 there were more Mac users than windows.
62% of the people who use the internet used a Mac. And 30% Windows.
There aren't as many viruses because more people use Windows. There's more reason for people to develop viruses on Windows because more people use Windows operating systems.

Please link a source that states "62% of the people who use the internet used a Mac", because that sounds like a lie.

According to this, Windows users far outweigh Mac users.

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
There aren't as many viruses because more people use Windows. There's more reason for people to develop viruses on Windows because more people use Windows operating systems.

Please link a source that states "62% of the people who use the internet used a Mac", because that sounds like a lie.

According to this, Windows users far outweigh Mac users.
I don't remember where I read it, but whatever.
I have never gotten a virus on my computer and I have never heard of some Mac user getting one. Plus I don't even think there are anti-virus programs for Mac.

I just don't get why people choose to use PC over Mac. But thats just my opinion.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
I don't remember where I read it, but whatever.
I have never gotten a virus on my computer and I have never heard of some Mac user getting one. Plus I don't even think there are anti-virus programs for Mac.

I just don't get why people choose to use PC over Mac. But thats just my opinion.
Ive gotten a virus on my mac. There are plenty of anti virus programs for mac. Just saying, idk where you are getting your information from.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci