• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Viking Village? [24 Player PVP map]

GloryxLegend

Spectator
Reaction score
[Please note: any thing mentioned in the thread may be changed, I will keep it updated.]

Hello there,

Today I am going to show off a map that has been in progress for a few months now. As it is approaching its finishing point (we are around 70%) I thought that this would be the best time to ask for feed back about what you think, and what you would like to see. First of all, lets get some details out of the way.

Team:

Me (Glory_x_Legend) - Temporary Server host/Builder/World Edit Master
ThiesKawang - Main Builder/Server host /'Leader'
Salle133/SasjaKawang - Fishing Rod fighter/Builder
gerrik11 - Builder
Pixelated_Pingu - Contributions to building.
erkinunsal - All around funny guy.

As you can see we were limited mostly to a team of two, ThiesKawang and I. I think a small team allowed us to limit the amounts of arguments we had over design and layouts, whereas it would have been a more frequent problem in a big team build.

Theme:

The map is based in the Viking period. It has many buildings that you may be able to tell are from Viking architecture, but, overall we wanted it to look good...not historically accurate. When it came to designing a new building, we turned to the power of Google to show us what this type of structure should look like. You will be exposed to screenshots, so you can decide for yourself.

Screenshots: [Please note: I am using 'Rudo Plays' Shaders, and Sphax Pure BD 128x]

Sorry for any glass that is visible in the screenshots, I tried to keep it to a minimum as to show off the awesomeness of the buildings. (Also for the broken water and tree textures)

Spawn: Placed on a platform, of which players can run of in any direction and reach a significant part of the map.

Main Fort: Day/night comparison of the map.

Bridge: (Im struggling to come up with names for these structures) This leads into a large tower at the edge of the map, surrounded by water. There's only one way in.

Dark Forest: This can be entered directly from spawn, and leads to the main village.

Some pictures without shaders or texturepacks:

So yeah, there is a few things of what you can expect to come. Of course, there are MANY other places and secret areas to access and explore all over the map. (I may make a video showing all the main areas, watch this space).

Small Details:

- From the centre of the spawn, the glass dome has a 250 block radius if i remember correctly.
- There are many open water parts of the map, BE WARNED
- At the moment, the chests are 'custom filled' with items to improve game play of the map, but this may change.
- A NAME is needed for the map. Please feel free to leave suggestions below, I will be sure to read through all of them.

So, I guess that's about it. As I say, if anyone wants any more screenshots of certain areas then I will gladly post them. (I have a few extra that I may just stick down there from time to time)

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
J

Joel/MadDawg

Is this custom terraforming or a randomly generated map? I can't tell from the pictures :3

Binct

Career
Reaction score
This looks great! Can you send me a download link?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci