• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Using what you have against your opponent.

did this help?

• Yes

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Nu

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

Coolgear13

Tribute
Reaction score
So some people handle things like fishing rods, Flint/steel and bows but don't know how to use them.
(keep reading if your one of those people)

Fishing rods: This can be your life saver or your death (R.I.P). How you use it and when you use it determines this. The first step is to acquire a fishing rod. Normally they can be found in tier 1 chest. But sometimes they make a appearance in tier 2 chest. Second step is using them. To use a fishing rod is just like using a sword. Aim at the target then let it rip. Fishing rods give the advantage of knocking your opponent back. When this happens it often is hard for the opponent to attack because he is is not in the reach of your hitbox. When you hit an opponent back run at him then attack with your sword/axe or if you are feeling like a pro; a bow. BUT. If you are low on health (I'd say 5 hearts is a caution zone) then you should take the advantage to run away. There are a few times when not to use a fishing rod. Don't use a fishing rod and walk backwards until your opponent gets close to you. If you are running away if you hit your opponent while walking backwards turn around and run forwards. DO NOT keep on walking backwards as your opponent will eventually dodge it and kill you on the spot. DO NOT use a fishing rod if you are fighting on a hill and you are below someone. It doesn't do anything but let your opponent jump down and get a couple of hits on you.

Flint/steel: This can be a major game changer. First lets get down to the details of flint and steel. In mcsg there are only 4 uses of flint and steel. When a play is set on fire it takes 3 1/2 hearts away. Using this properly can give you a great advantage. Every half a heart counts (not just hearts). Using a flint and steel is quite easy but lighting your target on fire isn't so easy. Most of my opponents run directly behind me. To light these opponents on fire just turn around and the block directly behind you. However if they are next to you make a fire line (what i call them) here is a chart

Enemy: >
Block: []
fire: ^

> ^[][]
^[][]
^[][]
Vice versa if your opponent is on the other side.

Bow: Spamming arrows does nothing. It sometimes does half a heart but that doesn't matter when someone is coming with a sword heading straight for your cranium. It is best for long/medium distance fighting. The only exception for short range with at d match if someone is heading straight for you. Lighting someone on fire then shooting them is one of the best strategies. There really isn't a way to tell you how to be better at bow except. When someone is running try to time and shoot just a little bit ahead. If you miss on purpose the player will see you shooting and run the other way. You can predict this and shoot the other way.

Hope this helps!

_MK_

Career
Reaction score
Bow spamming is a gg strat espically in close quarter water battles.

Also this kinda threw me off
Every half a heart counts
It sometimes does half a heart but that doesn't matter when someone is coming with a sword heading straight for your cranium.
You said every half a heart counted ._.

Coolgear13

Tribute
Reaction score
Bow spamming is a gg strat espically in close quarter water battles.

Also this kinda threw me off

You said every half a heart counted ._.
Because literally everyone half heart counts. Life is measured in half hearts in minecraft. so technically you have 20 hearts

_MK_

Career
Reaction score
Because literally everyone half heart counts. Life is measured in half hearts in minecraft. so technically you have 20 hearts
First time, you said every half a heart matters next you tell me the bow spam does only half a heart and it doesn't matter :/ Life is measured in half hearts so you would have 20 half a hearts or 20 health point

Coolgear13

Tribute
Reaction score
First time, you said every half a heart matters next you tell me the bow spam does only half a heart and it doesn't matter :/ Life is measured in half hearts so you would have 20 half a hearts or 20 health point
I also said sometimes it doesn't do any hearts.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Just another point: It's also good if you know how to use knockback to hit them back into your fire (Or their own fire! :3)
I would elaborate, but my fingers are sore from typing a long essay a few minutes ago :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci