• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

WEBSITE Usernames, Discord, and Forum Ranks

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
Username Changes & Related Details

Many of you have requested username changes, and frankly, it's absurd. Like come on, name changes? Who cares, it's an alias! Let's just identify each other by Minecraft UUIDs. /s​
For us to better identify you between the website and game, we'll be introducing a method for you to authenticate your forum account with your in-game account in a similar fashion to the current Discord authentication system. At least, this will be the idea until some major parts of the backend infrastructure are rewritten...until then, this'll do!​
At the very moment, we're initially planning to allow a single Minecraft account to be linked to your forum profile. This will be treated as the profile we pull a variety of information from for your profile, including (but not limited to):​
  • Linking game data to your forum profile (and the reverse)
  • Linking your in-game rank(s) to your forum profile
  • Ability to change in-game options via the forum profile/website
  • Ability to change forum username to your Minecraft username
    • If we allow multiple accounts in the future, you'll be able to switch between these Minecraft usernames.
For the time being, I'm uncertain of the policies (thus unable to confirm/deny) the policies beyond changing usernames to Minecraft usernames. We're working on it internally, but with minutes to spare, the idea was to push some details out, if not push the features (unfortunately not today), on the forums.​

What about Discord? Steam? Mixer? ICQ?
Whoa! Slow down there... One step at a time.​
We do not have plans to support any platforms beyond our own game and Discord. With that said, you can already link your Discord account to the forums! If this changes, the ability to link various other platforms is already there and can be spun up in virtually no time. Let us know if you're interested!​
Currently for Discord, there's no planned benefits other than the ability to use single sign-in; or, allowing us to authenticate you via your Discord account. We're open to feedback and suggestions regarding features associating with the forums; feel free to discuss here in the thread if you have any ideas!​

Ranks? What about my legacy rank? Future ranks? WHEN?
Once ranks are setup on the forums and Discord, which will be after all of the above changes, rank syncing is the next feature to be implemented. As for when: it'll be done when it's done.​
All ranks will be syncing between the appropriate accounts, both legacy and future ranks, as well as special statuses like VIP, mod, etc. No more waiting for an administrator to get around to setting up moderator privileges; no more waiting for a moderator to assign your ranks in TeamSpeak. Automation; it's 2019 and we should treat it as such. Everyone expects results instantly as soon as they do something in-game or on a website, and likewise, we prefer that as well. Effectively everyone does except the government those who use fax machines.​
Not all of the functionality here will be done soon, but we do anticipate username changes and account linking to be ready sometime this week, likely by Wednesday.​

Fin

Last edited:

ilyasia

Gold
Reaction score
I really need to change my username asap, will be looking forward for this to be announced!

ImCeline

Career
Reaction score
Good thing I didn't change my ign since the forums closed :D

Sam

Destroyer of Worlds
Reaction score
Good thing I haven't legally changed my name

DqtStrqfe

Spectator
Reaction score
I need to change my username I had this back in 2015 oooff