• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Updates with Donors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I wanted to let you know that all donors should be added into the game now (meaning your name color changes to match the forums). If somehow we missed you (I had to add everyone by hand) or you are not the right color, please email [email protected] (please no support questions, just account related). We will adjust your time accordingly if its out of the 24 hours promised. We soon are completely making this process automated where you wont have to wait.

Also as a donor, we expect you to treat your power wisely and not misuse it. I am seeing a lot of donors joining a game and leaving right after. The whole point of donor is so you can join and stay on that server. There is really no reason why you should just hop on and hop off to other game as its really the same thing. We are almost done with the live stats page so you can see all status of each game outside of the game and that should help you pick the right server to join without joining first. So please use your power wisely and don't abuse it as it can be taken away.

Conrad500

Spectator
Reaction score
If there are any major abusers then they should get punished, but it is common practice (when the servers aren't full 24/7) to hop from server to server to see which games are almost joinable.

Once the live stats are up there should be harsher enforcement, but until then a warning and only punish people who are being real dicks about it.

SkyXephos

Spectator
Reaction score
Thanks Chad! Us normal player get really mad because they keep on trolling us by logging on and off constantly!
So once again thank you!

Chezerony

District 13
Reaction score
I'm glad you are aware of what the donors are doing. Great job Chad!

Z

ZombieTracker

I don't speak for Chad, but he and I are normally on the same wave length when it comes to things, but there is no real way to regulate individual users for who abuse the donor system. The only way to manage it is to let everybody know that it is a privilege and not a right, so if you do not want it to be taken away, it needs to be your responsibility to moderate them so everybody can keep the donor privilege.

ThatDamnWalrus

Survivor
Reaction score
I don't speak for Chad, but he and I are normally on the same wave length when it comes to things, but there is no real way to regulate individual users for who abuse the donor system. The only way to manage it is to let everybody know that it is a privilege and not a right, so if you do not want it to be taken away, it needs to be your responsibility to moderate them so everybody can keep the donor privilege.
Agreed.

BigMo4Sho2012

Tribute
Reaction score
There has to be some server-side functionality that would recognize if someone joined 3 different servers inside of an hour or something like that...and after the first time that happens, send a warning. 2nd time, a couple hour ban. 3rd time, 24 hour ban. Anything past that and they lose their month.

VonKlumpf

Spectator
Reaction score
May I suggest that mods can only force their way onto a server once every half-hour or so?

TheOceanNymph

Spectator
Reaction score
I have seen some people abuse it but maybe not all are just logging in and out at random, I think that because when I join a game in match its fine and I watch it all but when it goes back to the lobby (or I join while in the lobby) it causes to lag out, so maybe some people are having the same issue as that?

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
VonKlumpf, we are actually adding a cooldown timer to help with this. It's a short amount of time but it will prevent people from doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci