• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Updates and map rotation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So after celebrating the release of Survival Games 2 this weekend, we are now going to add back in Survival Games 1 to the servers. How this is going to work is that all of the servers will have both maps installed. On each game start, the plugin will pick a map randomly between the 2 maps. We intend on getting a vote for map feature in the lobby being added in the near future but this will do for now. Also to combat with some issues with memory leaks, I will update java to java 7 on the servers to hopefully help with the garbage collection (geek term alert).

Also I just want to remind the new players that joined us this weekend, these servers are still testing and not finished. People discovered our work in progress before we had something completely stable and reason why some servers crash. We have a whole list of features not implemented yet and this plugin will only get better as time passes. The Survival Games 2 map also was reported to cause some client side lag because of the detail and block count which is something completely out of our control. So if the 2nd map ever loads, maybe start changing your graphics settings to help get you by.

To answer the complaints on the subject "ADD MORE SERVERS NOWWDFSDfFDSF!!!!", we plan to add more in EU as that is the next server we are going to give some love with. I am sorry its taking so long as the datacenter has been lame...seriously lame and might be moving away from them soon.

Plus a little reminder that we now have a 100 slot TeamSpeak3 server! IP/DNS is ts.mcsg.in and you might find me on here and there when I am working on the servers. It's a lot more fun talking with the players while owning (proven fact).

Zarpar

Spectator
Reaction score
nice when will the map rotation be applied?

Firedog150

Career
Reaction score
Awesome can't wait to play the old map some more and not just on EU4.

HeavenlyBlade

Tribute
Reaction score
Chad on May 6th a lot of people were getting temp banned for no reason and I wanted to draw that to your attention.

LightRod

Spectator
Reaction score
Chad, is there any chance of any AUS servers in the future? Sometimes the lag I get is unbelievable to the point of crashing.

DXHHH101

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm not sure about any of you... But after a while when Minecraft for Xbox updates to higher versions, I'd like to see these servers go there!

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but isn't the xbox minecraft community a little small?

Zarpar

Spectator
Reaction score
are the user made maps going to be added to the rotation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci