• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Toxic Land [WIP] 20% Complete

OnoSnipezPro

Tribute
Reaction score
Hey guys its icecreamemily here and I am showcasing the progress of my new map called Toxic Land

Backstory
Back in 500 A.D there was a beautiful forest which was home to many life forms.Then one day,a toxic storm blew in from the Bermuda Triangle and was wreaking havoc on the earth. It was destroying vegetation , life,and communities in the surrounding area.The area was then overtaken by radioactive mushrooms the water turned into molten lava.

Now you and 23 other players will fight to the death through this forest scavenging for resources and a will to survive.

Pictures

The Cornucopia

The Sexay Ravine

What do you think of the outside walls?

Thank you for taking your time to read this thread,be sure to leave a comment on how I am doing and how I can fix the errors I am making.

More to come...

Last edited:

hobo_skater

Tribute
Reaction score
It looks very generic...It has potential but I don't see anything in it yet. Keep working on it and who knows, it could turn out to be something great!

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I don't like the ravines. Seems like your just adding into a default world as apposed to doing your own custom terraforming.

FLAMEdex

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
nice map!
As for names, here are some I came up with:

Misty Woods
Ascot Forest
Asira Forest
Zerine Woods

dq

District 13
Reaction score
Needs a bit (a ton) more terraforming.

Captain Dory

Diamond
Reaction score
I like what you've got so far, but all you have got so far is trees and a ravine, but since trees provide oxygen for the world i like it.
Needs more hills and stuff. The cornucopia looks decent (I like what you've done with the jungle biome grass though ;)) but needs alot more work. Make sure it looks good but also fits the theme of the map, which to what is seen in the screenshots is uncharted land. Good map name right there. I really like the trees though. From what i can see, they're custom made really well for small trees. By the way, the podium positioning needs some work. The 4 corner ones need to be moved in one block, and the quartz doesn't suit the theme set by the map.

Overall, you've made an excellent start, but you need more hotspots, something out of the trees. Good luck!

OnoSnipezPro

Tribute
Reaction score
Captain_Dory that's an excellent name for a map thank you! :D Could a Mod please change the thread name to Uncharted Land? Thank you all for the critisisim (I don't know how to spell critisisim XD)I will be taking in all of your suggestions and using them to fix the errors im making.

What my plan was is to have the map sectioned off into 3 levels.
  • Level 1 would be flat terraforming with the ravine,this is where most of the action will happen
  • Level 2 would start to rise up gradually so it wouldn't be annoying to fight people on a giant hill.
  • Level 3 would be the top of the hill.I would make a huge flat open surface so it is easier to have fights and not climb up hills all the time.
The map will be a diameter of 550 so it will be a smaller map with flat terrain. (Flat terrain means long flat streches of land to PVP on)

Captain Dory

Diamond
Reaction score
Captain_Dory that's an excellent name for a map thank you! :D Could a Mod please change the thread name to Uncharted Land? Thank you all for the critisisim (I don't know how to spell critisisim XD)I will be taking in all of your suggestions and using them to fix the errors im making.

What my plan was is to have the map sectioned off into 3 levels.
  • Level 1 would be flat terraforming with the ravine,this is where most of the action will happen
  • Level 2 would start to rise up gradually so it wouldn't be annoying to fight people on a giant hill.
  • Level 3 would be the top of the hill.I would make a huge flat open surface so it is easier to have fights and not climb up hills all the time.
The map will be a diameter of 550 so it will be a smaller map with flat terrain. (Flat terrain means long flat streches of land to PVP on)
I can help, if you want?
btw, a backstory:

NASA, and other space search programs, have been programming robots to look for extra terrestrial life on other planets for years. After finding a species of alien, NASA sent out two space probes to take more pictures, and record its lifestyle. After a week, the space probes lost contact and the mission was abandoned. Nothing happened further, until a day in history- The aliens came to us. They stripped Earth of its resources, leaving people fighting for survival.

But a new country has been found, named <insert sexy country name here>. It is loaded with resources that could let the world survive for years. But, because humans are so unorganised and stupid, you'll have to fight for what you want. Living isn't easy here.

Actually, nothing is easy here. <--- EMPHASIS.

Last edited:

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I can help, if you want?
btw, a backstory:

NASA, and other space search programs, have been programming robots to look for extra terrestrial life on other planets for years. After finding a species of alien, NASA sent out two space probes to take more pictures, and record its lifestyle. After a week, the space probes lost contact and the mission was abandoned. Nothing happened further, until a day in history- The aliens came to us. They stripped Earth of its resources, leaving people fighting for survival.

But a new country has been found, named <insert sexy country name here>. It is loaded with resources that could let the world survive for years. But, because humans are so unorganised and stupid, you'll have to fight for what you want. Living isn't easy here.

Actually, nothing is easy here. <--- EMPHASIS.
Interesting :)

OnoSnipezPro

Tribute
Reaction score
Thanks again Captain dory :D. There has been a problem with the server lately though.I was going to put pictures up and change the state of progress to 50% ,but my server crashed and it somehow managed to delete the world folder and I only had a backup of the world once I finished the ravine. But that's ok. Back to 20% I guess .....

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
Map looks too empty and too 'default' if that makes sense. If I were to play Minecraft the way it was originally meant to be played (simply surviving) I'd expect to see the same sort of terraforming and colours meaning (to me) right now the map looks like an unusual place in a default world. Needs some buildings to be added as soon as possible and a lot more work done on terraforming and colour - the appearance itself also looks kind of dopey.

So yeah, the map has potential but as of now it looks too ordinary/isn't much to look at.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci