• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Time Limit

Should this be implemented

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

MrNoisyKidd

Platinum
Reaction score
I was wondering whilst I was in the sg lobby why doesn't the time decrease to 1 min or below when 24 people are in the game. I see nothing wrong with this as it shortens the time waiting. Sometimes I join a game and see there's 2 mins left, so I decide to leave because I don't want to wait that long.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
No, because what if you left to get something, and the game started before you got back? You couldn't plan to be gone for more than a minute, and that's why this hasn't happened.

replace

Survivor
Reaction score
I actually enjoy this idea as a non-donor. It lowers your chance of being kicked. But, if the time suddenly changes while you're gone, it might leave you dead if you have to go get something while waiting in the lobby [even though you should be alert] I like this idea though!

ItsLamYT

Spectator
Reaction score
Been playing MCSG for a while but just made an account on the website...but i completely agree with you dood. I REALLY hate the waiting time on this thing. I realze that other peoples votes are important too, but in reality...it seems to become a huge problem whenever i am in a time crunch, to play MCGAMER MCSG. I believe that the staff would agree that they want this server to stay popular and gain more and more players. This Time Limit idea, is one way of doing that in my opinion...

bob_brickman99

Survivor
Reaction score
No, because what if you left to get something, and the game started before you got back? You couldn't plan to be gone for more than a minute, and that's why this hasn't happened.
Get something before you join the game...
Good idea, I hate waiting

ItsLamYT

Spectator
Reaction score
Right, it seems that so many people are worried about time, and how they couldn't get something for the game. Why not make a lis of stuff yo need before playing a game, and then start to play? Besides, think about the YouTubers who record these games. Alot of times you will here how they have lost a whole bunch of games and they are hoping for a good recording. If they are in a time crunch, don't you think that it might be helpful for them to be able to join a game fast? Here's another idea. If you have ever played the game TF2, there is a voting system where a vote goes to all the players in a server for acceptance for even small things. Why not make a voting system for mcgamer? After 24 players have joined, there could be a vote passed around in chat asking to limit the time. I think this would be fair, and easy. The next argument would be that it couldn't work. i would say that this assumption is incorrect. Ever play mineplex? They have a deal wherea question pops up in chat, and it asks you to click an answer to earn coins. If that worked, couldn;t something much simpler work as well?

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Here's another idea. If you have ever played the game TF2, there is a voting system where a vote goes to all the players in a server for acceptance for even small things. Why not make a voting system for mcgamer? After 24 players have joined, there could be a vote passed around in chat asking to limit the time. I think this would be fair, and easy. The next argument would be that it couldn't work. i would say that this assumption is incorrect. Ever play mineplex? They have a deal wherea question pops up in chat, and it asks you to click an answer to earn coins. If that worked, couldn;t something much simpler work as well?
Actually, MCGamer does a lot of polls, but only the major ones are brought up ingame. I don't think we need another poll in the lobby, either.

I think if we decide to limit time, we should base it off of how many players are in the game. If there are 20 or more, the timer could go to 1 minute. This would allow players 1 minute and about 15 seconds of pregame to do anything.

ItsLamYT

Spectator
Reaction score
Actually, MCGamer does a lot of polls, but only the major ones are brought up ingame. I don't think we need another poll in the lobby, either.

I think if we decide to limit time, we should base it off of how many players are in the game. If there are 20 or more, the timer could go to 1 minute. This would allow players 1 minute and about 15 seconds of pregame to do anything.
Right that was what I was thinking. I forgot to explain that XD

K

KiDD

I don't see why anyone would play if they wanted/needed to get/do something.

Seems like an alright idea to me. Player cap is reached, and time is dropped from whatever it is to a lower time. I don't see any problems with it. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci