• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Three Whole Years

Is Ceroria a noob

• Yes

• No doubt about it

• Do we really need to answer these stupid poll questions?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score

A good gif for all of our viewing pleasures.

What do we think of when change comes to mind? Has anyone ever looked back and realized how fast time flies? I certainly have, and I’m doing just that now. To put things into perspective, I started playing MCSG at the age of 12; I’m 15 now turning 16 soon. Sixteen years old (almost), to some that may seem young, and to others it appears ancient. To me it’s simply unreal. It seems like just yesterday my friends and I were getting together playing MCSG every day after school, without worries or overloads of work and stress. Now it’s a mix of band activities, AP work, moderation duties, and I realized how little I’ve talked to those original friends lately. Not only that, but I’ve spent one third of my time on MCSG as a staff member. One third! It still feels like I first applied back in April 2013, thinking “Damn, it’d sure be cool to have that red name and be able to make a change.” Now the only change I wish for is to bring back those very days, having little cares, and enjoying a community in which everyone was all about the game, because “it’s all about the game” (VGHS reference anyone?).

So here we are, three years later. Today, as I’m writing this, is August 19th, the three year anniversary of me buying Minecraft. I still remember that very afternoon, convincing my mom to buy me an account of my own so I could build a Hunger Games map with my friends (considering I’d seen all of the official “Survival Games” videos, the ones won by AntVenom and stuff). That very night I spent watching The Big Bang Theory and building weird stuff in a jungle biome. The next day I got home from basketball camp and spent hours looking for a perfect server to play the Hunger Games on. After about two failed attempts I found this weird “mcsg.in” website, and the rest is history.

When school started, I found out I wasn’t the only one who discovered this “mcsg.in” thing, and began to play with some other friends, all of whom have pretty much left the community at this point but pop in/are mentioned from time to time.

Anyway, here we are now. I have gone from the 20/1100 squeaker randy that was socially awkward, to the person I am now, which I’m proud to say I am. (but my ratio still sucks, just not as bad). There are so many things I only dreamed of doing here on MCSG, and now I’ve done most of them, those including joining a prestigious clan (or two), becoming a staff member, and becoming somewhat popular among the community while leaving a positive mark and influence here.

Despite all that, this thread doesn’t need to be all about me. Post something down in this thread that you remember fondly about your early times of MCSG!

(Also, I just cracked my phone screen about an hour ago, which so totally sucks. Please send help)

Edit: I decided I'd post a few semi-old screenshots here as I come across them C:

Clan battle with Trivium where we put on the skins of old MCSG legends. From left to right we have kricken (jacobcrocks), eshancowee (soggy) , Blamph (chris), Hiqhlights (Pepsi), Rougefox14 (Flexer), egrodo (me), Distuptor (Cooper), zeejayy (hotdog), and G33ke (Andy). The parenthesis represent those wearing the skins.

My ice cream palace on SuperxAndrew's map Helios. Unfortunately it was removed :(

This screenshot was taken by me and a bunch of friends from Trivium on my server that I owned with a few IRL friends, and would invite Triv people to come on occasionally to do some fun FFAs and stuff c:

Last edited:

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
My favorite part about MCSGv1 and even early MCSGv2 is that whenever I logged on, I felt welcomed by most people and felt like I belonged here. That is something I cannot say about MCSG now and even other places in my life (like my new school, where I know basically nobody). Sure, there were some mean people, but that exists everywhere. All the people were so nice back in the day, and not only that, they didn't care so much about their stats and trying so hard to be good at a game that doesn't really matter all that much. I'm sure at some point in someone's time playing MCSG they've cared about their statistics, but not to a point where they'll be mean to others on a server if they don't get what they want in terms of wins, which is what it seems like nowadays.

If you team, you'll get hated on by people and get called a booster a good amount of the time, even if you're just playing with a friend for fun. It just wasn't like that back then. Sure, people would complain if you teamed, but not to a point where they're verbally harassing you.

I just miss the old "community" feeling I got when I logged into the servers. I never used the TeamSpeak and rarely teamed at all because I didn't have a Skype account or a microphone during the early days. Yet, I still felt like I was a part of the community on MCSG, even though I didn't talk to anyone on here until mid-2013, over a year after I'd started playing. If someone were to join nowadays, I don't think they'd feel like they're a part of anything special anymore (because I surely don't). I don't know if the community has changed because the game has changed or if it's the other way around. Either way, I don't like it. Hopefully 1.9 will fix something but I really don't know if it will.

Rant aside, congrats on being here for three years. I'm sure it's been a long journey for everyone who's been here that long. I technically have been here for that long as well, but I didn't create my forums account until the first time I bought donator on here toward the end of December 2012.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
We so should've pulled an Aviate and gotten clan accounts
Congrats on 3 whole years Ceroria!
A whole thanks to you, Swagdreas :D
Congrats Ceroribae! :D
Thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks <3
Drop your phone 1,095 times to fix the crack. Maybe that will work!
I dropped it again, it didn't work. There's just a portion on the top right of the screen that's completely missing and the phone randomly shuts off all the time ;-;
Ew gross, old people. I like my youth thank you v much. JK Congrats Petunia! Very proud of your dedication good sir. Also if you have a problem with my ratio, LIKE MY POSTS
Youngin' :^)

And I will like your posts, if they aren't in the BAN DISPUTE SECTION <3333
My favorite part about MCSGv1 and even early MCSGv2 is that whenever I logged on, I felt welcomed by most people and felt like I belonged here. That is something I cannot say about MCSG now and even other places in my life (like my new school, where I know basically nobody). Sure, there were some mean people, but that exists everywhere. All the people were so nice back in the day, and not only that, they didn't care so much about their stats and trying so hard to be good at a game that doesn't really matter all that much. I'm sure at some point in someone's time playing MCSG they've cared about their statistics, but not to a point where they'll be mean to others on a server if they don't get what they want in terms of wins, which is what it seems like nowadays.

If you team, you'll get hated on by people and get called a booster a good amount of the time, even if you're just playing with a friend for fun. It just wasn't like that back then. Sure, people would complain if you teamed, but not to a point where they're verbally harassing you.

I just miss the old "community" feeling I got when I logged into the servers. I never used the TeamSpeak and rarely teamed at all because I didn't have a Skype account or a microphone during the early days. Yet, I still felt like I was a part of the community on MCSG, even though I didn't talk to anyone on here until mid-2013, over a year after I'd started playing. If someone were to join nowadays, I don't think they'd feel like they're a part of anything special anymore (because I surely don't). I don't know if the community has changed because the game has changed or if it's the other way around. Either way, I don't like it. Hopefully 1.9 will fix something but I really don't know if it will.

Rant aside, congrats on being here for three years. I'm sure it's been a long journey for everyone who's been here that long. I technically have been here for that long as well, but I didn't create my forums account until the first time I bought donator on here toward the end of December 2012.
Well, coming from another veteran I appreciate it. I can relate to what you're saying. Part of it is just nostalgia and possibly naivity that makes us miss the old days, but things really were less competitive and more friendly and tightly knit than now.

Now that I actually have what I originally wished for, I wish to be back in the days when everything seemed new and exciting and I had more interesting dreams and goals :c

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
ur a bad mod, only posts r ur apps + reports. demote plz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci