• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

This Chest Update. My opinion.

Remove tier 3's unless they become less Op.

• Total voters

JustlThelWorst

Diamond
Reaction score
The update after two games is so bad in my opinion.

Reason 1 - One minute a guy is running around with a diamond helmet and diamond boots like that was good about mcsg, things not being to OP which that was. Diamonds are rare enough as it is and now your putting diamond armor in a chest. I understand there is only a few of these chest per map but still that is way to OP. If you are going to make tier 3's this OP then make the tier 2's and tier 1's a little better.

Reason 2 - I heard there were crafting tables in these tier 3 chest. Really on most map there are multiple places to craft. If they're putting them in chest just let people get wood and make crafting tables themselves. I mean there are enough on most maps that you don't need them as items in chests.

Reason 3 - TNT as items in chest another reason why I like MCSG more that other servers. Even though it won't do much damage it is just something that shouldn't be in MCSG.

Reason 4 - In a several chests I have got one item, why have a chest with just one item it seems pointless.

Reason 5 - Two double chests I have got have had 5 or 6 items and most are hard to get to, and I think they should have more items in it. Also in these chest there was rarely armor.

Reason 6 - Iron swords in chest I'm not sure if this is true but I think it is that is way to OP to have in a chest, another reason why MCSG is better than most servers.

Reason 7 - If the chest is a possible tier 3 spot and it isn't a tier 3 that game it doesn't spawn, at least make it tier 2 like it normally would be.

Some other concerns
I have got around 13 sticks, and 11 feathers, and one piece of flint.
Overall, I think tier three's are way to OP and should never be apart of MCSG it seem they just make the game unfair and making it not feel like MCSG.

My opinion on the matter should be tier 3's should be removed unless they become less OP and still make the game fair if you don't get lucky and get tier 3.

Now, finally some good editions, I like the majority of v1 items chest coming back, which includes a lot of pluses. (Too many to name.)

I completely understand this is why this is beta and not for all the servers yet. I am just telling you what I don't like and what I do like about the update.

Leave some feedback on my opinions.

Thank you!
- Justy

JustlThelWorst

Diamond
Reaction score
Also with crafting tables you can place them where you can be stuck for a whole game which could make games last forever.

RathaYatra

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I agree. I think changing the tiers were good less things good. But each game I play I cant even get full leather. Let alone anything else. Then 4 teams pop out and im doomed

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just making sure you know that there is a reason why this update is testing on the first 10 servers only. We are actively balancing the chests out so that we can make sure to avoid OP situations like the ones you have stated. Stating specifically reason 6, yeah I agree that iron swords should not be even an item via our chest inventory. We are moving closer back to our MCSGv1 roots with additions of the good things that came out of MCSGv2 style. It's beta for a reason and still weeks out until we get all of the communities concern out of the way.

Virtual

District 13
Reaction score
Just making sure you know that there is a reason why this update is testing on the first 10 servers only. We are actively balancing the chests out so that we can make sure to avoid OP situations like the ones you have stated. Stating specifically reason 6, yeah I agree that iron swords should not be even an item via our chest inventory. We are moving closer back to our MCSGv1 roots with additions of the good things that came out of MCSGv2 style. It's beta for a reason and still weeks out until we get all of the communities concern out of the way.
So you won't go back to MCSG V2 chests? Please don't... I really like having the survival feel.

Operdasher

Platinum
Reaction score
I honestly don't care what happens. Survival Games need these situations to make gameplay hard, even if it seems impossible. It isn't called the Pvp Games after all :) I like the idea of v1 because it brings back nostalgia and It makes me cherish items.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci