• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Return Of LeafyGreenTea Day!

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!!! I would like to make a public announcement that LeafyGreenTea Day happened 13 days ago!

Wait What?

Ok yea, so we were a little late on this but last years events were so much fun (read below) that my fellow swarmers and I decided to do it again in honor of the famous day when Leafygreentea was banned from the servers. Here is the story and video of last years events:
I would like to share an experience that I had with a bunch of players on this server, a community, a little group created on the forums. Anyone can join, be the few in my story were the first.

This is also the story of my skin.

Read this with an epic voice in mind, with dramatic music in the background. If you don't have some here is a video to play:

Once upon a time, in a place far off called SGC 2, I met the swarm. It was an odd day, my normal routine. I got on my computer after tennis, and hoped on to the forums. There, I saw a familiar name and some others sitting in the MCSG's CounterStrike TeamSpeak. RC_4777, Beardy, HalfSquirrel, Chiller4, Ikanacanyon7, JennoKoala, Ceroria (ZebraNation), plimpy41 and Brandon6895 were all in this TeamSpeak, though at the time I only recognized 2 or 3 of them. I was thrilled to see these names, and joined the chat.

The Swarm is an odd sight to first behold. At first glance, it appears to be the most annoying team of all time. Whoever has that opinion is right: the swarm is annoying to those it crushes. A clan of leafygreentea garbed locusts, charging at an opponent in packs of 4-8. A terrible sight to be hold. There is no hope for the poor full iron diamond sword target. He swings in vain, hoping that he will be able to catch at least one of the poorly geared members off guard. The swords, pickaxes, shovels and hoes of the swarm are too strong; the opponent is struck down in timely fashion. He may have taken two of his assailants with him, but the Swarm is not bothered, No one stops the Swarm. All of the prized gear is burned; the swarm does not need such petty things. Why trade a gold hoe for a diamond sword? No one really does that, right?

I wanted to join such an exciting and interesting group. I found the skin and wore it proudly. I managed to help the Swarm slay many opponents, and left them pleasant messages of "#swarm" and "#leafygreenteaday2014" when they were finally defeated. It is a grand site. When all of the opponents on the map were destroyed, the swarm began to turn upon each other. There is only one winner of the Survival Games. We wore our helmets or boots proudly, and kept our chosen weapon handy. No secondaries (mostly :p), just pure melee combat. The fight begins! Each of the remaining swarm charge at each other, chopping with their hoes, fighting for their lives. plimpy41 had a fast click speed giving him an unfair advantage. None the less, the swarm battles for the right of winning for the Swarm!

Though, after many games, we faced a challenge. A player, who shall remain unnamed, played too much hive, and thought we were breaking the non existent Teaming Rule. He threatened us, but like none other. He was going to recordig us. that's right recordig. To this day we are not sure what that means. Check out our fears: http://imgur.com/PzgA7dZ. That game, Brandon and I were the only two to survive, yet we managed to represent the swarm, and win the game. Obviously Brandon rekt me, that's not the point though.

Slowly, the swarm ebbed away to their normal daily routines. The last of us finally logged of the Counterstrike TeamSpeak, giving the rest of the community a chance to win a game.

The swarm is not gone; the swarm is love, the swarm is life.

We do not forgive, we do not forget.

Fear us.

#Swarm2014

#recordig

Here is a video of the events for your entertainment.
HalfSquirrel TopBandit Ikanacanyon7 mitchit16 RC_4777 Theoretical Mooclan Boboaluitz BritishShoop Knaala Beardy Brandon6895 Chiller4 Giggity69Goo Ceroria

are just some of the people who have participated on this great day last year! (13 days ago, 2014)

The basics of the way we play are here:

1. You Must wear the skin of leafygreantea: http://imgur.com/NnVzNRz

2. The rules are simple. First, all the members of the swarm play a normal first 2 or so minutes. Collect chests, and get loot. Then, someone calls the group who survived the beginning (sorry RC_4777 and HalfSquirrel) and the players strip to either boots or a helmet. Then, they may use one of the following weapons: axes; gold, wood, and stone, swords; gold and wood, hoes; gold, iron, diamond, shovel; gold, iron, diamond. The Swarm proceeds to destroy everyone on the map and then fights to the death at the end.

NOTE
with only three swarmers, secondaries are allowed
with two, all armor can be used
Only weapons must stay the same

The Times for Swarming This Week (June 15th-June 19th)
Thursday, June 18th, 4 o'clock PM (EST)
Friday, June 19th, 12 o'clock PM (EST)

You can find us in the 'Counterstrike' Teamspeak. Come and join us we are fun and friendly.

Happy Swarming!!!!

-Demon

Thank you to everyone who came, here is some media from the events:

This year's swarm members where:
Ceroria
Kat
Tiger
TheMangoTiger
HalfSquirrel
Henry
OwenScottMC
Theoretical
Halo_0
Beardy
RC_4777
TheRandomMan1000
Boboaluitz
plimpy41
Ikanacanyon7
@ Bobo's sister

Last edited:

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Lemme dig up the video. There's a way of advertising it. We can show how fun it was last year.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Can I clarify, is it at 11 am or pm. I still have school so both times are a bit inconvenient.

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
Can I clarify, is it at 11 am or pm. I still have school so both times are a bit inconvenient.
Oh I can make it a lot later. I have to do it early on Friday but on Thursday I'll make it 4

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I'll try and remember ;) I'll try and be there. But can you move the friday game to a bit later, I get home from my exam at like noon.
Let's get the swarm up and running again :) I don't think I've played MCSG since last year when we did this.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I'll try and remember ;) I'll try and be there. But can you move the friday game to a bit later, I get home from my exam at like noon.
Let's get the swarm up and running again :) I don't think I've played MCSG since last year when we did this.
I think you played once when Theo killed Matt.

Purposeful vagueness.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci