• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The recent increase in resignations

TheClone

Survivor
Reaction score
To me the staff team will always be there to help, just because there are a few people who do not wish to help any longer(Who are missed) doesn't mean there aren't always going to be staff who try their absolute best. I think staff resigning, even though it is a great loss can also introduce new potential to the team and overall make your experiences here better. This is just my opinion of course.

K

KiDD

Rather than comparing the amount of resignations now to another time where a lot of resignations occurred, I like to think about how they helped while they were here. Resignation is an inevitable occurrence, and as well as others said, it's just going to happen as more people join the staff team.

SuperMCSam

Career
Reaction score
Well, most of the staff are pretty old, and they might reach a point in their lives when they have something way more important to focus upon than Minecraft. This might be a cause. Also, more the number of staff members, more the resignations!

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, we aren't experiencing a relative increase in resignations, and we're seeing pretty normal numbers of staff leaving. Sure, it's always unfortunate to see moderators leave, but in terms of the number of them leaving, we're basically on-track with our expectations. Nothing out of the ordinary here.

School is starting to pick up soon, with midterms for some students being right around the corner. Many of our Summer 2014 and Winter 2014 hires are starting to age out. Activity checks are putting the inactive moderators under pressure to either resign or be demoted for inactivity. There are always people who resign after each round of new Trial Sr. Mods are picked too. And some of our recent policy changes have put higher expectations on the staff team (gotta make sure their hacking identification skills up to par if we're banning for first offense hacking), and some people might not meet that standard. There are plenty of possible reasons why people resign, but only the last one is out of the ordinary.

That being said, we've been through worse. Much worse. Many of us were around in the Spring of 2014 when we lost 30+ staff members. Our previous activity check removed 20+ inactive staff members who were just taking up space. And the oldest of us remember when Chad fired all his Admins in ye olde days.

SonicSplit

Career
Reaction score
I think probably is the first reason. It makes a little more sense to me since the community is growing so some not so nice players are joining.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Let me remind you that most players in the community are around age 13-15, thus the age limit, to apply for Moderator, starts at a reasonable age of 14 years old. This being said, it is expected for moderators to resign more often, or quicker because players move on, because they need to monetize their time, or they need to focus at school.

Most of what you explained focuses on psychology, but often people don't know what really is happening in these peoples' mind. For some, this includes some of my friends or people I know, becoming a member of Staff is an achievement. More than applying for moderator to help others, they apply because they think its time to do so, because its time to step the game up.
You see, these people don't want to be forgotten and stay forever on the halcyon days; they want to be remembered, whether as a Staff or VIP, because once you spend so much time on a community, it's easy to be forgotten.

To understand someone's mind, you need to first understand and take the input of other people. What other people do on an environment determines the actions newer staff will take; this is just how children often mimic their parents, because their parents are older, have more experience, and the children think its okay to take the same path.

I think that we tend to say that the staff team went downhill ever since 2014, but we also forget that there will always be someone better than you. But also this correlates to what I initially said: Moderators resign more often, or quicker because players have other things to focus on. Because moderators leave the staff sooner, than what moderators in the past would last, this also means that our current moderators have less experience. So, simply, its not that the current staff, or the staff in the past year, is/was bad, it is that the staff doesn't have the same experience as the current generation of players move on faster.

Writing threads is nice, but instead of staying subjective, I think its important to research a topic before-hand. If I were you, I would have interviewed ex-staff that just resigned recently and why they resigned, and interview older staff. I think that everything has to be substantiated. I tend to analyze things, and sometimes if the argument is good enough, I can believe in it without it being substantiated, but this is just normal.

Spectral_Slayer

Platinum
Reaction score
Let me remind you that most players in the community are around age 13-15, thus the age limit, to apply for Moderator, starts at a reasonable age of 14 years old. This being said, it is expected for moderators to resign more often, or quicker because players move on, because they need to monetize their time, or they need to focus at school.

Most of what you explained focuses on psychology, but often people don't know what really is happening in these peoples' mind. For some, this includes some of my friends or people I know, becoming a member of Staff is an achievement. More than applying for moderator to help others, they apply because they think its time to do so, because its time to step the game up.
You see, these people don't want to be forgotten and stay forever on the halcyon days; they want to be remembered, whether as a Staff or VIP, because once you spend so much time on a community, it's easy to be forgotten.

To understand someone's mind, you need to first understand and take the input of other people. What other people do on an environment determines the actions newer staff will take; this is just how children often mimic their parents, because their parents are older, have more experience, and the children think its okay to take the same path.

I think that we tend to say that the staff team went downhill ever since 2014, but we also forget that there will always be someone better than you. But also this correlates to what I initially said: Moderators resign more often, or quicker because players have other things to focus on. Because moderators leave the staff sooner, than what moderators in the past would last, this also means that our current moderators have less experience. So, simply, its not that the current staff, or the staff in the past year, is/was bad, it is that the staff doesn't have the same experience as the current generation of players move on faster.

Writing threads is nice, but instead of staying subjective, I think its important to research a topic before-hand. If I were you, I would have interviewed ex-staff that just resigned recently and why they resigned, and interview older staff. I think that everything has to be substantiated. I tend to analyze things, and sometimes if the argument is good enough, I can believe in it without it being substantiated, but this is just normal.
I agree with you in saying that with resignations come new mods and with new mods comes less experience. However, we have some excellent Sr. staff and they help out tremendously. I know that Vanicle works really hard in training our new mods. That is just one example. Besides that fact, the more experienced mods help out quite a bit and we are always there to help. From my eyes, we actually have a really good staff team. For those of you who have been around longer, it may not be as great as a past group, but we still work together and get the job done. /endrant

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
I agree with you in saying that with resignations come new mods and with new mods comes less experience. However, we have some excellent Sr. staff and they help out tremendously. I know that Vanicle works really hard in training our new mods. That is just one example. Besides that fact, the more experienced mods help out quite a bit and we are always there to help. From my eyes, we actually have a really good staff team. For those of you who have been around longer, it may not be as great as a past group, but we still work together and get the job done. /endrant
Didn't say I thought the current staff was not good enough. Also didn't say Vanicle or whoever didn't work hard enough either.

However, I reiterate: Moderators have less experience because they last less. Once, for example, Vanicle is a Sr. Moderator for a bit longer, obviously, she won't have it so hard to mentor the new staff; practice makes perfect —this obviously applies for any Sr. Staff and Moderator, used Vanicle as an example.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci