• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The one thing I would change about MCSG is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
I want the Moderator's application to be judged by maturity, not age. It's unfair for the younger people who are (arguably) more mature than a lot of 17 year olds. I personally see age as just a number.

There also needs to be more active Moderators. I only see one person patrolling the servers regularly, and she can't be on every second of the day. (I'm referring to kricken, I see her in about 3/5 of the games I play .-.) Aside from her, I haven't seen a Mod.

Also needs PVP mods. I've seen people banned for "hacking", even though there was no hacks involved whatsoever. The lack of experience in the PVP fields there is iffy. :/

Those are my only complaints, everything else is great, imo. (aside from hackers, but I digress)
well actually they are trying to make mods more specific and therefore certain mods will be on mcsg more and others will be creative or tekkit. All mods are free to roam and also remember we all have stuff to do too

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
You want to know what I want changed about the servers?
Almost nothing people have said in here.

If there is anything I want changed, it's for people to understand why certain things can or can't happen, and realize the true reasons for certain issues being there. I know that won't happen though, because people will be people.

Examples: Map 4 always being picked? Blame it on the new voting system! - No, the real reason is because they want people to have a chance to play it, so it's always picked as one of the random maps. This is not permanent, gosh, guys, give the new system some time, please, I'm tired of reading all the comments about it, especially when half of them are "because it always plays map 4."

And of course, people complaining there needs to be more staff - the staff gets it, maybe there should be more staff members, but rushing it and picking poorly is worse than taking their time to pick good ones that don't ban you for slight suspicion or something.

I apologize in advance for any flaming that may occur for this by the way, I just needed to rant about it. ._.

Anyway - one thing I want to happen is something mentioned in this thread once or twice. An anti-spam plugin or something. It's a simple solution really, all those people spamming random profanities or "/vote 1!" or anything of the like... It's all a really simple solution, unless for some reason it can't be added.

I also have to agree with shorter lobby time, and honestly, I'd like the restart time to be about 5-10 seconds longer, because it's hard for me to get into servers with my friends when the servers that are in "deathmatch" are actually already back up and in a full lobby. (That or make the server list update more often - I doubt that can happen easily though.)

And of course, what Blamph said, monthly leaderboards alongside all time leaderboards would be awesome. It's true really, it's almost impossible to catch up to the top of the leaderboards if you are a new user without spending 10 hours a day playing. I would know, I've tried to keep up, it's impossible with me being in school and having other things to do. Those who have more time on their hands can get so far ahead that nobody will ever catch up. I've got 100 wins in the time zeejayy has gotten about 250. I don't have the kind of time to even think about catching up now. At least with monthly leaderboards, we can see the new users who also spend tons of time a day that aren't at the top just because zeejayy was here sooner, or I can try to compete for a single month that I may have more time.

Despite all the things I would like changed, the servers are awesome, these are just things I think would be great additions.
This.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
i'm just saying that beta was so much better than it is now.
I wasn't here for beta, so I wouldn't know. However, I have experienced a similar feeling elsewhere - I had been playing on a single server for over a year, and I really missed the old days, everything felt better - then, I thought about it for a while and realized how it actually wasn't very good at all, my expectations were just far lower and I was just feeling nostalgic.

I'm not saying your wrong, but I'm saying that nostalgia and the like really does make something feel much better than it really was. There are some people I've met that are pretty much complete nostalgia freaks and they pretty much live in the past, saying how "great" things were every single chance they get. I was there at those times, and thinking back to them...some of them were disasters, what was so great about them?

Every change is made for a reason, that reason being attempting to improve said changed thing. Had the community disliked it so much, it would have been changed back. However, the community liked the change, so it stayed and then the next change was made. Soon enough, it will feel like an entirely different game, and people will miss the game they once knew, even if it was worse than the current game being played and if they agreed with every single change made. The reality is, more people like all of the individual changes that were made since beta, they just don't like losing the old game they once had.

Like I said - I could be completely wrong. However, it's not uncommon for people to say something was better in the past when it really wasn't.

polski zolniez

Tribute
Reaction score
you need to get more mods on, there needs to be a lot more watching of the games, there are so many hackers who do not get banned, i know we are supposed to record but recording makes me lag and therefore the evidence can be weak. so i would like to see more mods who would be committed to watching games and making sure everything is fair.

Tyson_Chicken

Survivor
Reaction score
I would like the voting system to be gone, like no voting. A random map every time, instead of playing 1 map all day. I don't have anything against the maps, I just hate it when that map is all you play. Also, mobs on. To help the game go faster. It's SO annoying to walk around after corn refill, looking for players. You walk around for a half hour before finding anyone. And maybe, a few new mods. Just to me, it seems like a few of the mods I have seen don't do anything when they see someone spamming in-game. And maybe a spam guard and anti-cheat plugin. Other than that, I love MCSG. I can tell I will be playing this alot more. :)

iMightTroll

Diamond
Reaction score
Lately the games haven't been as interesting as they used to be. I remember being in a 24 player server and the games would last 60 minutes. Mainly because it would end up being a team of 2 vs. one single player. And it wouldn't go directly to deathmatch because it required 2 tributes remaining for the game to go to deathmatch. Me, being the single player a lot of the time, would have to stalk them a bit more and wait for one to make the foolish move of moving into a cave or wandering away from his partner to go get a chest.

Another thing that made the games interesting was when mobs played a big role in how the game played out. Players who weren't well equipped used to have to hide in trees or buildings at night to wait out for the monsters to go away when the sun rose in the morning. Now a days there are hardly any mobs because their spawn rates have been dramatically decreased. I know that the mobs weren't real popular with the majority but I liked having long games. They weren't fun to watch but they were a blast if you where the player, in game, running around, hoping that a creeper doesn't blow you up, or that a player will jump at you.

To me, a lot of the old adventure feel has gone away because of some of these things. When I was new to this when these servers first came out, it was awesome to be in game and to have your heart racing because you just made it into the top 5! That was quite challenging because you would have to fend off mobs and had to be watching your back at every second.

I miss the old days. It's not that I don't like what we have now, it is completely fine with me, but it just isn't as fun as it used to be.

One thing I would change about mcsg is bringing it back to how it was before sg3 was released.
I always died of Spiders back then ):

Lhos

Survivor
Reaction score
I'd like to see chests be randomized even more. New players are severely disadvantaged by the fact that they don't know where the "good" chests are, and teams only add to the frustration of learning the maps. I'm curious to see whether or not making chest loot more random to some degree could solve the problem or not, though how random things would be is the key. Difficult-to-reach chests should always contain useful things, but easier-to-reach ones shouldn't necessarily always contain poor things (whee, sticks/feathers). Perhaps bumping a couple tier 1 chests up to tier 2 at random each match could solve the issue, or make them "tier 1.5", with a mix of items from both chest types - even a minute chance of finding a diamond in one could give new players a boost, despite only finding half of a sword. It'd help alleviate the frustration of getting pasted by experienced players/teams over and over when you're just starting to play.

EDIT: inb4 "get good", giving new players a diamond sword won't make them win. Skill will decide that. The point is to make learning less frustrating, and if they randomly pull an iron sword out of what's normally a tier 1, they'll feel a little less outgunned.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
Id like to see a voting option for having mobs on the game or not.
Id also like one more thing that i can think of right now, but i doubt anyone would like it or even pay attention to it since its more of a personal preference. This is that i would like if Sr. Mods and Admins could take a look at older Mod Apps, since there are some like me that had a normal mod app and just because they werent impressive or as good as others lost their chances because they cant just repost their apps as that would be insisting and spamming. If this ones that where just left off because they where not the best would get revised again it would give a new chance to help the community to those that where willing to do it back when they posted their apps :)

Anyways, if you read all the way down here thanks for reading my idea :)

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
I think a new spawn would be nice... it's extremely boring being there, and sometimes I just don't feel like tabbing out, as I end up getting busy doing something and having to decide what I want to choose between. I'd be willing to help design a new one, maybe with a longer, more intense and difficult parkour? ^_^ Oh and a new deathmatch arena!

Mitsolides

Experienced
Reaction score
i just played a game and when i killed someone with a stone sword while he had a fist the first second i die he calls me a hacker i mean seriously the problem is the community. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci