• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Official Glade's Album Reviews Thread

Glade_OS

Experienced
Reaction score
The Official Glade's Album Reviews Thread

What is this thread?
This is a thread for all my album reviews. All previous album reviews will be linked below in the table of contents (or as I like to call it, the Archive). Every album review from this day forward will be posted on this thread. So if you enjoy these, keep track of this thread.

The Archive:
1. Human by Three Days Grace:
http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/glades-album-reviews-human-by-three-days-grace.176082/

2. American Idiot by Green Day: http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/glades-album-reviews-american-idiot-by-green-day.176166/

3. Appetite for Destruction by Guns N Roses: http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/glades-album-reviews-appetite-for-destruction-by-guns-n-roses.176368/

4. Hesitant Alien by Gerard Way: Page 1

5. What Separates Me From You by A Day to Remember: Page 1

6. Future Hearts by All Time Low: Page 1

7. Smash by The Offspring: Page 1

8. The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance: Page 1

9. Ride the Lightning by Metallica: Page 2

10. MOSH PIT: Page 2

11. Purple by Stone Temple Pilots: COMING SOON
I hope to see you all on this thread often ^_^ I am open to suggestions for music in the punk, emo, rock, grunge, metal, and alternative genres, along with all sub and fusion genres. Have fun here :D

Last edited:
Reactions: J

Glade_OS

Experienced
Reaction score
Hesitant Alien
Gerard Way

The Review

Now we come to the 4th segment of this series. This time it is on Hesitant Alien by Gerard Way. Hesitant Alien was released on September 29,2014 and distributed through Reprise Records. It was written by Gerard Way after the break up of his former band, My Chemical Romance (who should be appearing here as well). It is technically his debut album and it came along with two singles. Now let us dive right in, with the review of Hesitant Alien.

Song 1 - The Bureau:
First off we have the opening track to the album. It is one of the songs that slightly reminds me of his previous work. It stays at a pretty solid tempo although does have some weird sounds in the middle that take away from the song very, very, very slightly. The drum part seems nice to play (I can't play it since I do not own the album) and the guitars go well however, the instruments do overwhelm the vocals a bit. Despite the overwhelming of the instruments, The Bureau, not federal, will be getting an 8/10

Song 2 - Action Cat:
This was probably the first song off the album I had heard about and probably one of the best song on the album. It is definitely a good song and unlike The Bureau, the instruments do not overwhelm Gerard's vocals (which are sound very good ;) I am not a fan girl). The drums also seems fun so I will be giving Action Cat a 10/10

Song 3 - No Shows (Explicit):
Now we go to the only explicit song and the first single of the album, No Shows. It is one of the songs that I consider, controlled chaos, which I like. The lyrics can be a little weird at times but other than that, it is quite a good song. This is why No Shows will be shown with a 9/10

Song 4 - Brother:
Brother is slightly more tame than the other songs, sort of like how Disenchanted is to Mama (we all go to hell ;)). Although, as much as I can say I liked Disenchanted, I really wasn't as big of a fan of Brother. It is still an okay song by all means. Just it was sort of a letdown after Action Cat and No Shows. This is why Brother will only be getting a 6/10

Song 5 - Millions:
Next up we have the final single of the album, Millions (which ironically became a single after the album was released). It boosts the spirit after Brother and gets back onto the level of No Shows and Action Cat. I personally actually prefer this over No Shows. The drums also slightly remind me of Know Your Enemy by Green Day at parts for some reason, making the song very catchy. This is why millions might have given the song a 10/10

Song 6 - Zero Zero:
The famed spot of Ultra Hardcores is now a song. Who would have known? It slightly lowers the spirit after Millions but it still keeps it going well. It isn't as catchy as Millions but if you listen to it enough then you probably will get it stuck into your head. The guitars do seem a little louder for some reason in the song (certain songs felt like that for me even though they might not for others). This is why, after I kill this one idiot in UHC at the origin, I will be giving this song an 8/10

Song 7 - Juarez:
Probably one of the songs that in my opinion leans a little more towards the sound of My Chemical Romance, it is certainly my favorite song on the Album. Even though it is one of the shorter songs on the album. The lyrics are kind of repetitive, but that works way too well to it's advantage. The instruments are also very addictive during the song. This is why I will be giving this song (and probably buying it at the same time) a 10/10

Song 8 - Drugstore Perfume:
This song takes the reward for the weirdest name off the album. It isn't exactly as good as the other ones though, which slightly lowers the standards again I guess. It does remind me of Ambulance (also songs will be compared to previous My Chemical Romance songs if you haven't noticed) except turning the tempo down by half. That is why I am leaving the drugstore with the score of 7/10

Song 9 - Get the Gang Together:
Although we probably won't see this happen to My Chemical Romance any time soon (unless the reunion tour happens), it is a pretty good song. Maybe one of those songs you could play to get a group back into action. Even though it is not as popular as other songs on the album, it is still a good listen. Even though part of the song is rather repetitive. This is why I will take my thoughts and put them into a rating of
8/10

Song 10 - How It's Going to Be:
This is probably the song that My Chemical Romance cried to after they realized they probably won't regroup (too harsh?). This song does seem to incorporate a little more instruments then other songs however, it still doesn't really match previous songs. Although it is a nice song to listen to every once in a while. That is why, it is going to be getting an 8/10

Song 11 - Maya the Psychic:
One of the more party-like songs off the album, we have the closing song, Maya the Psychic. In my opinion, this raised my spirit after the previous three songs. I personally enjoyed the song, along with its theme. The drums are also very good on this track along with the guitar. You can also hear the vocals very clearly this time. This is why, this album leaves a good taste in my mouth with a 10/10

Conclusions
I honestly would like to say that I enjoyed reviewing this album. However, credit is due where credit is due. A big thank you goes to OreoTheLlama for suggesting me to review this album. I do hope you are satisfied with the score though since I will be giving Hesitant Alien an 8.54/10 I hope you all enjoyed this review, and tomorrow you will see me review What Separates You From Me by A Day to Remember and Future Hearts by All Time Low (suggested by TheMangoTiger ). See you all then ^_^

Final Score:

8.54/10

Glade_OS

Experienced
Reaction score
What Separates Me From You
A Day to Remember

The Review
What Separates Me From You is the fourth album by A Day to Remember. It consists of a pop punk/metalcore style. It was written by Jeremy McKinnon (Vocals), Joshua Woodard (Bass Guitar), Neil Westfall (Rhythm Guitar), Alex Shelnutt (Drums), and Kevin Skaff (Lead Guitar and Backing Vocals). When it comes to this band, most of the time I hear people reference songs from this album in particular. Now let us get on with the review of this great album.

Song 1 - Sticks and Bricks:

First, we start off with a song named after a security code. Sticks and Bricks is one of the songs that leans more towards metalcore along with 2nd Sucks and You Be Tails, I'll Be Sonic. The instruments are very good although sound kind of generic like most metalcore songs and the vocals also have more screaming, which can be kind of hard to understand, however the chorus is a little lighter on vocals and quite enjoyable. This is why we will be starting off with a 7/10

Song 2 - All I Want:
Next is one of two songs I actually own (the other being It's Complicated). This song is a leans more towards a fusion of metalcore and punk pop unlike Sticks and Bricks. It is also probably my favorite song of the album. Being a very fun song to listen to and to rock out to. It is also pretty energetic. All I want is to give this song a 10/10

Song 3 - It's Complicated:
Now we go to my most recent song purchased from this band, It's Complicated. This one leans even more towards pop punk, but still has that metalcore part near the end. It is also probably one song to play after a break up, since it lifts the spirit and also has the message that the person you broke up with is "not the person that I knew back then." It is also a song that can quickly get stuck in your head. This is why it is not complicated to give this song a 10/10

Song 4 - This is the House That Doubt Built:
This song is probably one of the slightly less popular songs off the album, but I personally enjoy it a lot. Even if the title is a little weird, which is one way you can tell it has punk influences, long weird titles. The instruments also go very well with the vocals. This is why this house, even though it may be made by something horrible, is getting a 9/10

Song 5 - 2nd Sucks:
Now we go onto the second song that is more metalcore, which apparently doesn't want to be second. It is one of the shorter songs on the album and personally I am not exactly the biggest fan of it. One reason is that I am not as big of a fan of most metalcore songs (will get to the exception in a bit). It still seems kind of generic, as mentioned in the Sticks and Bricks review. Although I personally prefer Sticks and Bricks. This is why it will be getting a review that sucks, with a 5/10

Song 6 - Better Off This Way:
Another song to play after a break up. Seems like A Day to Remember likes to make these types of songs. Like most other songs on the album, it has a pop punk vibe with metalcore influences. However, this one seems to use the metalcore part in a slightly worse manner. The song can also get a little repetitive at times. This is why it will only be getting an 8/10

Song 7 - All Signs Point to Lauderdale:
This is, in my opinion, the most catchy song on the album. Especially the part that goes "I hate this town, it's so washed up, and all my friends don't give a f***." Oddly enough, the song was about an incident on this one street in South Florida (Drixel or something like that). The song was going to go on Homesick, but the person who thought the lyrics mentioned above, wasn't the singer. However, his version involved certain...parts of the male body (you all know what I am talking about), and apparently the singer liked the original version. Despite its...weird origin, this song will be getting a 10/10

Song 8 - You Be Tails, I'll Be Sonic:
Now we come to the exception for the metalcore genre. Personally, this my all time favorite metalcore song. One reason could be it balances the chorus (which is less heavy) with the heavier parts better than the other two heavy songs. Oddly enough, the song has almost nothing to do with Sonic and Tails (who are some of my all time favorite video game characters). Although, in my opinion, it has the best title for a song. This is why I will be giving this song a 9/10

Song 9 - Out of Time:
Probably the least popular songs on the album, Out of Time returns back to the most pop punk vibe. It is personally a good pre-end song however, compared to songs before it, it isn't as good. However it is still a great listen. This is why I will be giving Out of Time an 8/10

Song 10 - If I Leave:
Now we have the closing song of the album, If I Leave. And, again, the song is probably good to play after a break up (by the way, don't take my advice about break up help, I have never had a boy friend and probably won't for a long time). This song is probably between the levels on rating of You Be Tails, I'll Be Sonic and Out of Time. It isn't as good as All Signs Point to Lauderdale and previous songs but it comes pretty close. This is why, I will leave the song reviews of this album with a 9/10

Conclusions
To conclude, I would like to say I will probably get this album very soon, so I would highly recommend it. The album has a very good mix of songs for people that like more heavy music and people who like more pop punk style music. Despite whatever the final score is, I would still highly recommend this album. The final score for this album will be an 8.5/10. Thank you for reading this album review. Next time I will be reviewing Future Hearts by All Time Low, as suggested by TheMangoTiger . Hope to see you all then :D

Final Score:
8.5/10

Glade_OS

Experienced
Reaction score
Future Hearts
All Time Low

The Review
Future Hearts is the most recent album by the Punk Pop/Alternative Rock band, All Time Low. It was released on April 7, 2015 and is their sixth album. It was written by Alex Gaskarth (Lead Vocals and Rhythm Guitar), Jack Barakat (Guitar and Backing Vocals), Zack Merrick (Bass Guitar and Backing Vocals), and Rian Dawson (Drums). The album had two singles being Something's Gotta Give and Kids in the Dark. I was suggested to review this album by TheMangoTiger and I hope that you and everyone else will enjoy this review that will start, now.

Song 1 - Satellite:
Not to be mistaken with the Rise Against song under the same name, this song has is rather simple with the instruments and has some autotuned vocals (or electronic I guess, this will appear a lot on the album often). It is probably the shortest song on the album and personally I wasn't too fond of it, mainly for the reasons mentioned above. I just didn't feel that they worked as well together. This is why Satellite is only getting a 5/10

Song 2 - Kicking & Screaming:
Next up we have the song that if you were to do what the title states in real life, you would probably annoy a lot of people. This song, unlike the title's theme, is not annoy and actually quite enjoyable. It isn't quite the best song on the album, but still nice to listen to. One thing is that it does kind of remind me of Blink-182 slightly (we will be getting to that comparison in a bit). This is why I will be giving this song a 9/10

Song 3 - Something's Gotta Give:
Now we have the first single off the album, and one of the more popular songs off the album. I didn't really enjoy this song as much but it was still a rather nice song. The instruments went well with the vocals and it kept the pace throughout. This is why I will be giving this song a 7/10

Song 4 - Kids in the Dark:
Now we have the final single off the album, and also the superior single. It is also probably my second favorite song off the album. The song is a little more energetic, which I enjoy, but still keeps the similar sound of the rest of the album. This is why this song comes out of the dark with a 10/10

Song 5 - Runaways:

Also one of the more popular songs on the album, we now come up to Runaways. It is also one of the more energetic songs on the album. I didn't really enjoy it as much as Kids in the Dark and my favorite songs on the album, but it came pretty close. The song doesn't let you out of it's grasp until you are done with the song and moving on to another. This is why it shall get a 10/10

Song 6 - Missing You:
This is probably the more serious song on the album. It however, is certainly catchy when it comes to lyrics. However, other than the guitar, the song kind of lacks in the instruments. It is also 4:04 minutes long, which is the second longest song on the album, right behind Tidal Waves at 4:09. Even though I may ending missing listening to this song, it will only get a 6/10

Song 7 - Cinderblock Garden:

This song is brought to you by cinder blocks, only $666. I personally think this redeems the album after Missing You. It still has the catchy lyrics but now adds some much needed improvement in the instruments department. This is why I am giving this ad, I mean song, an 8/10

Song 8 - Tidal Waves (feat. Mark Hoppus):
Honestly, as much as I enjoy a member of Blink-182 being in the song, this is probably my least favorite song on the album. The chorus, in my opinion, doesn't really feel much like a chorus to me and instead feels more like an extension. The instruments are also kind of lacking. Sadly, this song will be rolling out with a 4/10

Song 9 - Don't You Go:
This is one of those songs to stomp your feet to. The chorus also actually feels like a chorus, unlike Tidal Waves. The song also has some very good instruments and vocals. Which is also why it is one of my favorite songs on the album. This is why this will be getting a
10/10

Song 10 - Bail Me Out (feat. Joel Madden):
Next up, we have probably the least popular song on the album. The song also features the singer of Good Charlotte, Joel Madden (who I personally have never heard of). The song is more tame than Don't You Go and personally, I think it was sort of a let down. The drums though are pretty simple to play on the bright side. So, hear me out as I give this song an 8/10

Song 11 - Dancing With a Wolf:
This is one of the more energetic songs off the album, and personally one of the more energetic songs. Surprisingly, this is the first time I have had two songs be my favorite. I enjoyed both Don't You Go and this song equally. So the things I said for Don't You Go apply to this song as well. This is why I will be giving it a 10/10

Song 12 - The Edge of Tonight:
This is definitely one of slower songs on the album. To be honest, I do not like slow songs that much, but this is definitely an exception to that. It does slightly lose of the energy after Dancing With a Wolf, however it still is a good, catchy song. This is why I will be giving it a 9/10

Song 13 - Old Scars/Future Hearts:
The last song we have is the closing song, Old Scars/Future Hearts. It could is also technically the song that gives the album it's name. It is also probably the most energetic song on the album. It is also one of the best, keeping the feel of the album, but pointing towards a great future for All Time Low. This is why we end this review with a 10/10

Conclusions
I can mainly say this album is ups and downs. On one hand, you have songs like Old Scars/Future Hearts, Dancing With a Wolf, Don't You Go, and Kids in the Dark. On the other hand you have songs like Tidal Waves, Missing You, and Satellite. But, like all my reviews, I enjoyed making it and would like to thank TheMangoTiger for suggesting me to review it. Despite this, the final score for Future Hearts is 8.15/10. Even though it is the current lowest score, I still recommend getting the album. Like always, thank you for reading my review and next time I will be reviewing Smash by The Offspring. See you all then ^_^

Final Score:
8.15/10

Glade_OS

Experienced
Reaction score
Smash
The Offspring

The Review
For the second review of the day, I have decided to review Smash, not to be mistaken with the TV show or video games franchise. This album is by The Offspring and is their third album and came with 4 singles. The writers of the album include Dexter Holland (Vocals and Rhythm Guitar), Noodles (Lead Guitar and Backing Vocals), Greg K. (Bass Guitar and Backing Vocals), and Ron Welty (Drums and Backing Vocals). It consists of multiple songs that are often considered some of The Offspring's greatest works. It is also probably one of my favorite punk albums. But is it the best punk album I have reviewed? That is what I will be deciding in this review, starting now (by the way Smash and Time to Relax will not be included).

Song 1 - Nitro (Youth Energy):
We start with one of the songs with very obvious punk influences. Personally, I enjoyed this song a lot, maybe a little too much. The instruments are quite fun and even though Dexter's lyrics can be weird, The Offspring has the rare exception of good weird lyrics. This is why the album starts with a 9/10

Song 2 - Bad Habit:
The final single off the album, we have the song all about road rage. This is one of those songs I just fell in love with and could listen to for ours. As a slight stretch, it is probably one of my favorite songs ever. It starts off slow but quickly winds into insane greatness. It also has the most addictive line involving cuss words, being "you stupid dumb s*** god d*** mother f***er." Even though most people prefer Self Esteem and Come Out and Play, I prefer this song which is why it will get a 10/10

Song 3 - Gotta Get Away:
Another one of those songs with a title to anger the grammar Nazis, now we have Gotta Get Away. It is the third single and also the second longest song on the album (right behind Self Esteem). It is certainly an energetic song and kind of reminds me of a more punk-like Nirvana song. The instruments and vocals also work very well. That being said, this song goes away with a 9/10

Song 4 - Genocide:
First off, don't do what the title says. Despite the...odd title, this is probably one of the best songs on the album. It transitions between the guitar playing and not playing with the drums keeping the tempo and Dexter having some nice vocals to back the song (I no fan girl ;)). That is why, this genocide will be getting a 10/10

Song 5 - Something to Believe In:
First off, this song keeps the punk feel of other songs, but it starts to slightly lack compared to previous songs. The instruments are still amazing however the vocals aren't as good on this song. Fortunately they still stay pretty good. This is why, I believe this song deserves an 8/10

Song 6 - Come Out and Play:
Currently, this is the only song from the album I actually own (will change that soon) so you can tell this song will be getting a good view. The song is the first single to come off the album. It is also probably my second favorite song on the album (right behind Bad Habit). The drums are also a blast to play along to, being simple, fast, and addictive. Also taking a slightly surf-rock segment at parts with the guitar. The lyrics can be a little nonsense at times, but they sort of relate to two people or groups that are enemies. This is why Come Out and Play will be getting a 10/10

Song 7 - Self Esteem:
Now we have the song that is often regarded as The Offspring's best song. Also probably a song that slightly relates to me (sadly :(). It is also the second single on the album and also the longest (not counting Smash). The drum beat and guitars are also very addictive, making this my third favorite song on the album. That and as mentioned, I can relate (well, not the stuff directly described in the lyrics). That is why the song I can relate to will be getting a 10/10

Song 8 - It'll Be a Long Time:
This is another song that is sort of lacking in the lyrics department but still has great instruments. Although I personally prefer it a little more than Something to Believe In. It does sort of flip between fast and slow during the chorus and regular vocals. The song is definitely reminiscent of the stripped down punk lyrics with fast instruments. That is why it shall get an 8/10

Song 9 - Killboy Powerhead:
Next up we have the only cover on the album. The original song was by The Didjits (that is how it is spelled) but then The Offspring came in and made a cover. Considering the original song was a punk song as well, the song certainly is punk. With very fast cymbal playing as well and some addictive guitars and vocals. This makes it one of my favorite covers I have listened to and one of my favorite songs off the album. Also why this Killboy will be getting a 10/10

Song 10 - What Happened to You?:
You know that one friend that got caught up in stuff he shouldn't have. Well this song is for them. It is kind of lack luster though, not having being as loud and a little faster lyrics. It does have some good guitar work though. That is why what happened to this song was that it got an 8/10

Song 11 - So Alone:
My life in a song title everyone. This is probably the shortest song on the album, only being a minute, 17 seconds long. The song mainly consists of the Dexter and everyone else saying So Alone, which sort of makes it repetitive. Sadly, this is my least favorite song on the album. Which is why it will only be given a 7/10

Song 12 - Not the One:
You know what this song is talking about by the title. Of course, like other songs on the album, it still keeps the punk vibe, but is more enjoyable to listen to then some of the songs on the album. It is sort of in the middle of the ratings. Not being as good as some but not being as bad. So if you looked at the ratings, you would probably be able to guess that the song would get a 9/10

Conclusions
First off, you can tell it is a good album if the lowest a song gets is a seven. This album, does deserve the tens though. Full of catchy songs that you can jam along to with the right skill level. That is why I will be giving the album a final score of 9/10. This makes this the first album I have reviewed to get a nine or above, which is very good. I hope you all enjoyed this review. Next I will be reviewing The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance and Ride the Lightning by Metallica. I hope I will see you all then ^_^

Glade_OS

Experienced
Reaction score
The Black Parade
My Chemical Romance

The Review
We start off this day of reviews with My Chemical Romance's most popular album, The Black Parade. It was released as the third album of My Chemical Romance on October 24, 2006. Along with the album, four singles were released being Welcome to the Black Parade, Famous Last Words, I Don't Love You, and Teenagers. The album is a rock opera that centers around the character known as the Patient. It was written by Gerard Way (Lead Vocals), Ray Toro (Lead Guitar and Backing Vocals), Frank Iero (Rhythm Guitar and Backing Vocals), Mikey Way (Bass Guitar and Backing Vocals), and Bob Bryar (Drums). Now let us get on to this album that in my opinion is all about death (Blood will not be included by the way) :D

Song 1 - The End:

One of the slower songs on the album, we start off with The End. To be honest, it is probably the worst song on the album, yet it is still very good. However, it is only a 10/10 if you are to pair it up with Dead. The instruments are also kind of slow but still fun to listen to. This is why The End will be getting an 8/10

Song 2 - Dead! (Explicit).
You know you are in for a good ride if the worst song on the album gets an eight. Now we have its pairing song, Dead! Do not forget the exclamation point. To be honest, this is my third favorite song on the album. Being fast, energetic, and catchy lyrics. Even though the theme is rather dark, being basically being death here, death there, death all over the place. This is mainly shown during the music video, which I somehow found funny (why my location is my sick and twisted mind). This song may never which is why it shall get a 10/10

Song 3 - This Is How I Disappear:
This song is basically, still sort of about death and about how you disappear. The drum part for this track is definitely a fun one to play along with, but like a lot of other My Chemical Romance songs, can be complicated at times. This was the third song off the album I got. It also has some very catchy lyrics and guitar work like other My Chemical Romance songs. That is why I will be giving it a 10/10

Song 4 - The Sharpest Lives:
Next up we have a song that is not as closely tied to death as other songs, but still about death. The title is basically a play on the term, "The Sharpest Knives." It keeps a very solid pace throughout, barely letting up throughout the song. The instruments and vocals are also amazing like most My Chemical Romance songs (I am only slightly a fan girl for once :p trying to leave out bias). That is why this sharp track shall get a 10/10

Song 5 - Welcome to the Black Parade:
Do I need to say anything about this song? It is f***ing Welcome to the Black Parade. Well I guess I do so let me start off. Welcome to the Black Parade was the first single off the album and probably the best single and song on the album. It starts off slow with a sort of march feel, but then will head into a faster beat (the drum track is also very similar to Helena in these parts). It is mainly about the patient being welcomed into the Black Parade (or the parade of death). It is currently My Chemical Romance's most popular song and with good reason. The instruments are amazing with drums being amazing during the slow parts (being hard as hell to play :p). The vocals are also some of the most addictive vocals of all time, since for one I have actually memorized the song. That is why this amazing song will be getting a 10/10

Song 6 - I Don't Love You:
Next we have the ultimate song to play when breaking up (or at least in my opinion). It was the third single off the album, right behind Famous Last Words. Despite this, it is a little overrated in my opinion. But it is still a rather good song, with a somewhat okay music video (with exploding guitars included). It is definitely one of the slower songs on the album but still is some what energetic for some reason. That is why I will give this song about not loving, a lovely score of 9/10

Song 7 - House of Wolves (Explicit):
Now we have another song I memorized. In my opinion, it is the most energetic song on the album and the second best. Although, just as a warning, if you are religious you do not want to listen to this song since it has many, many, many, many, many references. The instruments are amazing, despite being a little hard to go along with. The vocals, as mentioned before, are extremely catchy. That is why I will give this song, that will probably end up burning in Hell for what it says, a 10/10

Song 8 - Cancer:
Now we get to one of the less energetic songs on the album. To be honest, like The End, I wasn't a big fan of this song. It sort of reminds me of an acoustic song except not actually acoustic (if that made any sense). It is rather slow and uses the piano a lot, but Gerard still has some good lyrics with it. That is why this cancer, despite being cancer, is getting an 8/10

Song 9 - Mama (Explicit):
Now we get back into the more energetic songs with Mama. The song is mainly referring to the character in the rock opera called Mother War. It still has the topic of Hell throughout most of the song, however it is a little more tame than House of Wolves. It has some very addictive instruments and vocals to back it as well. That is why this mom, despite not being the best to have, will be getting a 10/10

Song 10 - Sleep:
This is the only song that has actually disturbed me. It is mainly due to the intro, but after that it goes into a rather good song. It isn't as good as most songs on the album but it is still a nice song. It still has the great vocals however, I wasn't as big of a fan of the instruments. However, they were still good. That is why I will put this song to sleep with a positive dream of death (because that is the main topic of the album) and a 9/10

Song 11 - Teenagers:
We interrupt our scheduled rock opera with a message to stop teenage violence. Going away from the theme, we have Teenagers, the fourth single. The song that I am still debating why it isn't explicit since it says s*** 5-7 times, being in the main chorus. Despite this, the song is way too catchy, but not annoying in any way. Probably being one of the best songs on the album. It also has a music video that is actually somewhat enjoyable to watch (except for the cheerleaders, the cameraman was a pervert). That is why, even though this song may scare the living s*** out of you, and make you care less as long as someone will bleed, I will be giving it a 10/10

Song 12 - Disenchanted:
Probably the best slow song ever, we have Disenchanted. This is one of those songs that I am still trying to memorize, but it still a nice song to sing along to (if you are okay with saying damn a couple of times). It does have lyrics that I am guessing, like I'm Not Okay, are about his high school days (*shiver*). The instruments are also surprisingly good for a slow song, with the already mentioned catchy vocals. That is why this song will be getting a 10/10

Song 13 - Famous Last Words:

Now we have our send off and the second single off the album, Famous Last Words. As mentioned, these are probably the last we hear of our focus, the patient. It is definitely a great song to end the album with. Being not only energetic, but actually rather motivating. The instruments are also fun, being slightly complicated at some parts on the drums like others. The vocals are also amazing (read that part with a fabulous voice ;)). That is why we send this album off with another 10/10

Conclusions
First off, there may have been some accidental bias during some of the review (specifically during Disenchanted since I was planning to give it a 9 before). But I think this album deserves its rating. The album is My Chemical Romance's best work and one album I can listen to for hours upon hours. That is why the final score for the album is a 9.54/10. This gives The Black Parade the second album to get a 9+ and the reward for the highest score. I want to thank you all for reading, and I will see you all next time with my review of Ride the Lightning by Metallica ^_^

Final Score:
9.54/10

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci