• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The North - A GoT Themed Survival games map!

ZenGardena

Experienced
Reaction score
This Game of Thrones themed map is something I have been wanting to make for a while now and i thought I may as well do it now before somebody else does! The map also helps me improve my Worldpainter and Terraforming skills, feedback is much appreciated and constructive criticism is encouraged because it helps me know what i can do to improve!

The Patches of brown (Soulsand) are landmarks for the buildings/structures that are soon to come.

Things to do:

• Smooth the terrain, make finishing touches on that stuff.
  • Make 'the Wall' (The giant wall of ice) +make it look nice and smexy
  • make Cornucopia (Thanks Fusion! xD)
  • Create the Fist of the First Men
  • Create Whitetree and Craster's keep
  • Create hardhome
  • Add Secrets (Caves, etc)
  • Remove Herobrine
This map may be moving to Gravey4rd's server in a short time so if you want to help and are a confident builder then don't hesitate to PM me on either these forums or the PMC forums (Or Skype/steam/TS/etc)
Here is a link of the PMC post about this map (Give it some love!)
http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/the-north---a-got-themed-survival-games-map/
Pictures of the map so far (In order of progress)

A 3D render of the world so far (No buildings, just landscape)

A screenshot of the mountains at night (Lots of work still to be done)

Took advice from the comments and changed the rivers into glaciers and connected them to the ocean, Resized the map a bit so i have space for the dome (Looks odd ;) )

Don't like all the water?

THERE WILL BE NOTHING IN THE WATER AND WILL BE CLOSED OFF BY THE DOME!

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
Nice so far! Make sure you don't forget to build corn though, as it wasn't on the to do list.

ZenGardena

Experienced
Reaction score
Nice so far! Make sure you don't forget to build corn though, as it wasn't on the to do list.
Didn't actually cross my mind, thanks xD

It looks pretty good, but those rivers gotta lead out somewhere, of course keeping it inclosed though. :p
I was thinking that when I was making it, I'll work something out :D

Thanks for the feedback so far btw

ZenGardena

Experienced
Reaction score
Also those random starts of the rivers next to the mountains will have sources (Caves and shtuff)

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Just a question, are you going to leave all the water like that? I don't watch the show so it might be that way but that could be very irritating for PvP.

ZenGardena

Experienced
Reaction score
Just a question, are you going to leave all the water like that? I don't watch the show so it might be that way but that could be very irritating for PvP.
There'll be a glass dome or something that should solve that, don't worry ;)

fushi

District 13
Reaction score
This is looking incredible! I'm happy to help in any way possible.

cubemylife

Experienced
Reaction score
You probably need to find some way of cutting down on the water. I can tell you're trying to be accurate but that much water is no fun :c

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci