• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

THE FOREST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain_Canine

Tribute
Reaction score
This looks amazing can't wait to play a map with a sick as square wooden corn, a beasty boat and super original trees and not much else :)

DatPikachu

District 13
Reaction score
*eh-hem*

Okay, first of all, the map was made off of a minecraft seed, so the forest was already loaded and ready for you to tinker around with.
Second of all, the buildings are sparse and very plain.
Also, on the eleventh screenshot, there are 3 chests in one house, and I only saw chests in 2 other location (from the screenshots, there could be chests all over the place, but the screenshots only show 3 places where they are)
Over all, you're going to have to up your game for this map to get accepted. Like, a lot.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'll have to admit, the boat within the river seemed pretty neat, and I liked it, however, I would definitely recommend trying to add a little more detail to the spawn, I do like how people would be somewhat below, and they have to come out of the holes like that, but in a way, it seems a little too squarish. And I recommend making it in to a circle kind of cornucopia, as they usually are, otherwise, I would say you gotta add plenty more detail and block variation in the cornucopia. Because that's what really catches the attention of those who participate in the game, you can check out some of the featured maps to see for yourself!

Also, I noticed that a vast majority of the map didn't seem to have needed work on, it did seem to have been a randomly generated world and you have added extra little details to that, the thing is... People will definitely admire maps that have been legitimately hand-built with exceptions of WorldEdit. So remember, making Survival Games maps take a lot of time, you gotta put some dedication to it! :)

Just remember, as in the previous paragraph, you gotta add plenty of detail and dedication to your work. The houses seem pretty neat and fit OCD standards, but I would suggest adding a lot more block variation and detail to it, and especially a lot of size to the map as well. I would also say that as much as houses need exterior work, they also need some work on the interior, it does seem somewhat a little empty, so I would suggest adding a bit more things to it, trust me, you can go very creative about it and it is fun. Add like a tennis table, or even a TV! You can search up some examples if you ever get stuck, there are so many things to choose from. Also, the variety of structures may need a little work as well, maybe instead of 1 tent, you can add a whole campsite with a campfire near a waterfall and lake. Or with the houses, you can make a little town there as well, which could be near some gigantic mountains or that lead to the forest itself.

I do however, admire that you have added tricks and traps, and a little bit of parkour. Just remember, don't make the traps look obvious, or else people will be able to avoid it, and from what I can infer from the tree parkour, I would recommend adding a grand, giant oak tree, like a god tree for example, the interior being so huge as well. Make sure that if there are any tier 2 chests hiding around, make sure it is a little difficult to find and obtain, and make sure you make the parkour as difficult as you can if you have to, just don't make it impossible, test it when you build it.

Overall, the map may need some improvement, and I would recommend having the map's radius to way over 300 x 300. Large maps tend to be a little more fun, since there is so much more to explore, just don't make it too big, or it would be boring for some tributes trying to find and kill others, and don't make it too small, or else the game will last way less than 15 minutes. Make it juust right, in the meantime, I wish you good luck!

Remember, good maps will need a lot of dedication and teamwork, and legitimacy is most favoured as well, hopefully I wasn't too harsh on you, just a little advice for future builds you and your team produce. :)

Good luck! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci