• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Chat is Filtered?

Vanicle | Vanessa

District 13
Reaction score
I definitely see where you're coming from. However, I can guarantee you that most people do not say "gg10" and "rekt" simply to boast. There is usually an underlying intent to hurt somebody's feelings. During AU cleansweeps, I was able to see this first-hand by looking further into player's chat histories that were found to be trash talking. Although trash-talking is not a punishable offense, 7/10 times I would find something that was actually abusive and completely inappropriate.

You might think to yourself that this filter only acts towards helping those individuals who are "too sensitive" on our network. However, if there's anything that makes any portion community feel less attacked by people who say "gg10", "ez", or "rekt", then I'm all for it. The way I try to think about it is this: what do you lose from not being able to say those terms anymore? Technically, you're still able to boast if you'd like. You can always still tell someone "Woah, I just got an insane combo" or "dat chokepoint tho" (don't judge, I'm a horrible boaster). However, we've just taken out some of the common phrases that people use to insult other people's playing abilities. :)

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
I definitely see where you're coming from. However, I can guarantee you that most people do not say "gg10" and "rekt" simply to boast. There is usually an underlying intent to hurt somebody's feelings. During AU cleansweeps, I was able to see this first-hand by looking further into player's chat histories that were found to be trash talking. Although trash-talking is not a punishable offense, 7/10 times I would find something that was actually abusive and completely inappropriate.

You might think to yourself that this filter only acts towards helping those individuals who are "too sensitive" on our network. However, if there's anything that makes any portion community feel less attacked by people who say "gg10", "ez", or "rekt", then I'm all for it. The way I try to think about it is this: what do you lose from not being able to say those terms anymore? Technically, you're still able to boast if you'd like. You can always still tell someone "Woah, I just got an insane combo" or "dat chokepoint tho" (don't judge, I'm a horrible boaster). However, we've just taken out some of the common phrases that people use to insult other people's playing abilities. :)
Ok, I'm about to cook up some new roasts.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
The people might only say it to boast, but IMO that's not a valid reason to make other people feel bad about themselfs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci