• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Chat is Filtered?

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Well I kinda expected this after Col's post (here)

The MCSG chat is now filtered!

Lets review what Abuse and Trash-Talk are, since some people group them together.

Its obvious to see why Abuse is against the rules, Abuse is just a pointless and cruel WAY to Trash-Talk.

Trash-Talk is not always Abuse, but Abuse is classified under Trash-Talk.

As the definition of the word (Trash-Talk) says it is "Insulting" or "Boastful"

Things like "Imma shoot your family up" and "Drink Bleach" are obviously Trash-Talk, but these things are ALSO considered ABUSE here, and that is understandable why it isn't allowed.

Things like "Rekt", "Ez", and other BOASTFUL Trash-Talk messages are now filtered. These things are just people who want to boast their skill, and if you can't boast (no matter if you have anything to boast or not) then this community is too sensitive. You're playing a game designed to kill everyone you see in the game, so when I see people offended by these harmless boasts, I tell them they are taking this game too seriously.

Boastful Trash-Talk is a part of the Game, Abusive Trash-Talk is a part of the Ban Guide.
Col_StaR

Last edited:

J

District 13
Reaction score
I'm not one to get offended by trash talk but I can see where other people come from. Some people are more sensitive and so when someone trash talks, you get hurt. I think that MCGamer filtered this so that they can keep a more friendly environment for the players playing this server.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm not one to get offended by trash talk but I can see where other people come from. Some people are more sensitive and so when someone trash talks, you get hurt. I think that MCGamer filtered this so that they can keep a more friendly environment for the players playing this server.
Read the whole thread pls.

Crafterr

Platinum
Reaction score
People have been begging for these words to be filtered, and I myself am glad it was finally implemented. It's not so much the fact of players boasting, but for the fact that the majority of players use words like "ez" or "noob" to make others feel bad. An example of this that I run into often is when I die to a team of 3 and they say "Ez pz"

J

District 13
Reaction score
Read the whole thread pls.
Omg... I don't know how but I literally didn't read "this community is too sensitive" I just somehow skipped to "You're playing a..." Sorry xD

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Finally. I know that people like to brag, but the issue was getting out of hand. If people can't brag without offending others, they shouldn't be allowed to boast in the first place.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It's not that we're sensitive, it's that we're encouraging people to grow the hell up and be a little more respectful towards other people :p

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
It's not that we're sensitive, it's that we're encouraging people to grow the hell up and be a little more respectful towards other people :p
You're missing my point entirely, people aren't saying EZ and REKT to disrespect people, they say it to boast. People wouldn't say the stuff if it didn't make themselves feel any better. Regardless of whether people get offended by it, the intentions of the people are not to abuse, and if they are, then they get banned for abuse.

People will still bypass it. Regardless of any filter.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You're missing my point entirely, people aren't saying EZ and REKT to disrespect people, they say it to boast. People wouldn't say the stuff if it didn't make themselves feel any better. Regardless of whether people get offended by it, the intentions of the people are not to abuse, and if they are, then they get banned for abuse.

People will still bypass it. Regardless of any filter.
But now the problem is gone. If we just rebrand it, saying that it's just "bragging that makes wimps sensitive," then people will just start complaining about it again.

People will definitely bypass the filter, but as the trashtalk changes, so will the plugin.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
But now the problem is gone. If we just rebrand it, saying that it's just "bragging that makes wimps sensitive," then people will just start complaining about it again.

People will definitely bypass the filter, but as the trashtalk changes, so will the plugin.
But it isn't a problem.

I'm not rebranding anything, I'm stating what it has always been.

You don't understand my argument.

hdwisiaaof

Diamond
Reaction score
why tf does the chat now change 3 letter acronyms etc to lower case? completely retarded, can't even say a word with 2 caps out of 3 letters

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci