• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Change

Agree or Disagree?

• Agree

Votes: 75 92.6%
  • Disagree

Votes: 6 7.4%

• Total voters

Drake

Career
Reaction score
Oh my gosh another AstroPunkz fan. I thought I was part of an extinct species. Anyway, from a personal standpoint I really like your points. I'd love to play games of MCSG in the style they were back in 2013, the experience just seemed richer. Mainly because that was back when all of my inspirations still played actively but things truly did just seem more lively.

The main reason these were removed was because they were underplayed. As new maps came, maps like these that were popular but not SG4/Valley/Holiday type popular were eventually replaced with the newer maps. It's unfortunate how good maps like these get removed because they're replaceable despite being fun to play.

Re-adding those maps introduces risk. They could either be absorbed by the community and played non-stop for a while before dying out, or just go back to being underplayed. I hope that if this were to happen it would be the first option, but ya never know.

As for Wyvern's Wake, it'll never be re-added because wronsiski and the other creators specifically requested its removal. :c
You can do /sidebar minimize ingame to reduce the size of the sidebar. I find it less distracting that way :)

#thankdevin

For the most part, I like this idea. Although the Prot IV armor on Vida Cova was a bit outrageous. If we set in place standards and regulations for "OP" or hidden items to be implemented, this could be a lot of fun. Your point makes this extremely valid, however. I feel like at some points this game is less about survival and too reliant on PvP skill, the rush of racing others to get a specific item was really a great part of some maps and made them more fun.
This is the only point that I have no quarrels against. Our current hub, while quite beautifully put together (thanks to Alpaka c: ) lacks a ton of basic things that created our community. There are no cool meeting places to go around, there are no long and extensive parkour courses, and there's nowhere to explore. I find running around the hub rather stale nowadays because all I can do is circle the small stone pad in the center or swim in the small fountains.

Heck, there isn't even a staff area anymore! No castle, mansion, or island :cc

Memories are great, absolutely. I totally miss the old lobbies, and my favorite was the remake of the original that circulated from August 2013 - February(ish) 2014. Other than that, there isn't much of a quality decrease in our SG lobbies so I'm not sure of how convincing of an argument that can be for a revert :p

ew mobs!1!!1!!

^ This.

A lot of recent updates have seemed to drive out older players, I've heard from a lot of my older friends that they don't play MCSG because it's so different and less interesting to them from a maps/lobbies/hubs/features standpoint.

Doing something like bringing back old stuff that was liked isn't downgrading or reverting it's providing an opportunity for growth and introducing many aspects of the community and game that people never wanted removed in the first place.

Very well phrased, professionally presented.

+1

waiting to get 19 likes
very bipolar and backhand compliments but thanks i guess :)

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
very bipolar and backhand compliments but thanks i guess :)
My brain usually doesn't put my thoughts into comprehensible phrases so that was supposed to be positive and constructive c:

And overall I agree with ya

Josh

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Tbh I just don't agree with this, it's nice to look on the past and think it was better, but the game more had envolved into a better PvP orientated game mode, if people really want this why didn't they play sg classic and just let it go down?

Personally for me I would consider being behind a movement to bring back SG classic with the maps listed, but completely changing the game mode, taking steps backwards? No thank you

Drake

Career
Reaction score
Tbh I just don't agree with this, it's nice to look on the past and think it was better, but the game more had envolved into a better PvP orientated game mode, if people really want this why didn't they play sg classic and just let it go down?

Personally for me I would consider being behind a movement to bring back SG classic with the maps listed, but completely changing the game mode, taking steps backwards? No thank you
all the new players to the community disagree with this idea. They don't know what it was like so.

Josh

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
all the new players to the community disagree with this idea. They don't know what it was like so.
I've for over 3 years, it's just evolved, better, why go back

Drake

Career
Reaction score
Tag someone who you think needs to know this ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci