• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Teams.

Takennn

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello, My name is Joe. But you can call me Joe mama.

It is unfortunate that I have to make a thread about this while I can be doing other things. However, The amount of 4 teams and 3 teams are over whelming. I request that there be a ban on teams over two. Having a 3+ team just beats the purpose of the game knowing there isn't even a chance anymore. I have lost many points towards these people who like to make big Minecraft cartels.. I get chased by them 24/7. I have anxiety and type two diabetes because of this. Please stop this nonsense!!

I am scared to attend school in fear that I will get chased by Spanish people with swords. Screaming ''chico basura''. ''Trash boy'' in English. Although I have never been the one to say names. I have left no choice but to rat them all out in hopes that this will somehow change something.

Ok update, I didn't take a screenshot. But you get my point.

But for real. Please do something about it.

(•_•)

Swoopzz

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello, there was a thread previously made on this.

The general consensus is that teams will always have a place among MCGamer, no matter how annoying they may be. The amazing developers have worked hard on the gamemode - Solo SG for all the people out there who do not like teams, I encourage you to play it.

Kraken provided an amazing analogy on the situation that I actually agree with, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind providing the analogy/message again on why teams will always be a thing here.

Anyway, I believe this thread should be locked as there have been countless threads on this topic already and has been answered many times.

TheElasticTuba please lock this thread.

Have a lovely day!

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
I'm curious. We've had so many complaints about teaming, yet not a single soul plays the gamemode that is specifically designed for solo play. If so many players are against teaming, why are the non-teaming servers empty?

Swoopzz

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm curious. We've had so many complaints about teaming, yet not a single soul plays the gamemode that is specifically designed for solo play. If so many players are against teaming, why are the non-teaming servers empty?
The "banning of teams"from what I can see is a minority opinion. Personally from what I see in game, 3-4 teams are a rarity. 2 teams are encountered quite often but I believe 2 teams are apart of the gameplay and help you get better at the game and require you to adapt to the game, after all it is "survival games".

If it is such a big problem, people would be playing Solo SG. I rarely see people complain about teams besides here on the forums.

Takennn

Spectator
Reaction score
I really do not know. I think people just ignore it and go click the first thing they see.

Apolloofficial

Spectator
Reaction score
I think the problem, as taken also said, is teams that are made of 3 or more players. Team of 2 vs 1 is possible to fight, where as a team of 3 versus 1 player or even team of 4 versus 1 player is practically impossible unless you're an MCSG veteran. Everyone that I have talked to in game chat during matches say that the only problem are teams larger than 2. I do agree with the analogy about SG Solo, but for me its going to be teams of 3 and 4 that will plague normal mode. But hey, I guess its fun shitting on new or mediocre players when you have three or four other people against them at once :/

Takennn

Spectator
Reaction score
I have been on MCSG since 2014. Proud to say I served in many MCSG changes. However, if MCSG would just ban teams over 2 that would be great. No one plays Solo SG and not allowing teaming over the limit of 2 should be a thing. I encourage the staff to enforce the rule so that players among the MCSG community will be more hopeful against a 2 team rather than a 3 or more team. A business should always listen to their customers. Even if its just a Mincraft server. Us players, are the people who fund it and make it relevant. For instance, you said that many people brought up how teams are getting to a point where its just too much. Rather then not doing anything at all instead try to at least do something to make a change. I am no server owner myself but I feel as if you (staff) should listen more to the community than phony rules. Thank you.

Attachments

Apolloofficial

Spectator
Reaction score
"A business should always listen to their customers. Even if its just a Mincraft server. Us players, are the people who fund it and make it relevant. For instance, you said that many people brought up how teams are getting to a point where its just too much. Rather then not doing anything at all instead try to at least do something to make a change." I really agree with this too... I've been playing ever since May of 2012 when SG2 was first released. I absolutely loved this server, and a big part of me still does. I was going to buy donor today, but im reconsidering because of how much frustration I've had going against teams bigger than 2. I really want to support MCSG coming back, because it brings so so much f***ing nostalgia for me, but I can't if teams of 3 and 4 will keep being more common

Blake

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
A business should always listen to their customers. Even if its just a Mincraft server. Us players, are the people who fund it and make it relevant. For instance, you said that many people brought up how teams are getting to a point where its just too much. Rather then not doing anything at all instead try to at least do something to make a change. I am no server owner myself but I feel as if you (staff) should listen more to the community than phony rules.
The problem with this mindset is that you're forgetting that the teams that you are playing against are also customers. Their opinion matters just as much as everyone else. And when teams are so common it's actually the majority of players that are teaming then that's clearly what the community wants even if those players aren't as vocal as the ones against teaming are. MCGamer can't win in this situation because the playerbase is split and there is an available option that would satisfy both parties but people just don't play Solo SG.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci