• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Team Elite's Adventure Map Competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lululioness

I just need to do a bit more work on my entry (I stopped working when I got forum banned, because I didn't think I would be able to enter it :p). I'll probably get it in within the next few hours. Most likely after my train arrives back where I'm staying.
Uh oh now Zeno is gonna beat us all D:

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Well, here it is. I aimed for 1000 words like you said, but went a slight bit over :p

If it needs to be shortened, let me know and I'll do so.

An explosion rocked the building, accompanied by a deep, rumbling boom and the tinkling of shattering glass. My stylus clattered out of my hand as I quickly shot up in my armchair and punched in a key combination on my Holo-Pad. A pale blue apparition appeared in the space before me: A dark haired man in a white lab coat, crouching in apparent fear.

"What the hell happened?" I shouted. "What the hell was that explosion?!"

The figure in the hologram brought a wrist up to his mouth and whispered into his communicator. "Dr. Linneus, sir, there's been a breach in Lab D. You better get here quickly." The man's breathing sped up, his chest visibly rising and falling as his eyes darted from side to side. "I don't know how much longer I can hold out."

I pounded my fist against the table and yelled, "What do you mean? Talk to me, Clyde!"

Shaking his head, the man gasped, "No, no time. They're coming."

"Who?" I asked, but as I was finishing the question the hologram drew inwards into a small dot of light before flashing out of existence. I put my head into my hands and let out a groan, then slowly lifted myself out of the armchair, the synthetic leather it was composed of smoothing out the depressions my body had left behind.
Sweeping a coat over my shoulders, I hurried to the elevator. Stepping through the curving glass doors, I was greeted by a pleasant, melodic voice. "Hello Dr. Linneus, where do I have the pleasure of taking you this fine day?"

"Cut the pleasantries, Otis," I snapped. "I need to get to Laboratory D. Fast."

As the doors slid shut, the voice appeared again. "Understood, sir." And with that, the elevator began rocketing downwards, the outside landscape becoming a blurred swirl of lights and color, with the occasional hover car or skyscraper becoming visible before being swept out of view.
"How many floors left, Otis?" I asked, my focus on the situation in the lab.

The response came, "Fifty two, sir."

"We need to go faster," I snapped, my foot tapping up and down as a nervous impatience grew within me.

Without any further reply from Otis, the elevator began moving even faster, floors rushing by in less than a second as a steady roaring began to develop around the elevator tube. In what seemed like an eternity, but truly lasted only thirty seconds, the elevator slowed to a halt and the doors slowly slid open, revealing a nightmarish scene.

Fire leapt across the room, hungry gouts of flame billowing out into the night sky through a wall that had formerly been made of solid glass. Screams echoed around the room, though I could not make out their sources through the smoke. I stepped forwards, my eyes searching the floor for any signs of life, when I received a sharp blow to the side of my head and fell forwards, falling to the ground with warm, sticky blood beginning to pool around me. Through my quickly fading vision, I saw a foot, clad in a black leather shoe, stomp down besides me. Then everything went black.

~ ~ ~

I awoke to a pounding in my head, the likes of which I hadn't felt since the days when I used to barhop around Celeste, getting drunk on the strongest Celestial liquor available. As my brain slowly began functioning again, I realized that there was light shining on my closed eyelids, glowing red through my skin. Slowly, I opened them, squinting against the harsh white light of an exposed halogen bulb. I groaned, my head feeling like it was being stung by a thousand bees.
I heard a chuckle and a deep, refined voice from behind me. "Doctor Kurt Linneus. I'm glad to see you're awake," it said.

I groaned again, the pain in my head overwhelming any response I might have formulated in reply.

"Dr. Linneus," the man said in a vaguely sing songy voice. "I expect you to speak to me."

I turned my head to one side, trying to get a look at the man, but I was unable to see him. "Who are you?," I muttered, my tongue feeling thick and heavy in my mouth.

"That's not important, Dr. Linneus. What's important is who you are: The Head of Genetics Research here at the Spire. You have something I want and you are going to give it to me or I'm going to kill you." His tone was cheery, almost as if he was inviting a friend to tea instead of delivering death threats.

I turned my head forwards again, facing the blank white wall in front of me. "I'm not giving you anything," I said, obstinance rising inside me.
A steely note crept into the man's voice. "Wrong answer," he proclaimed, and a blow fell on the back of my head, knocking my neck forwards with a crack.

I groaned again and said nothing.
The man laughed, a cheerful sound completely out of place in that sterile white room. "Now, Dr. Linneus, are you willing to talk?"

I closed my eyes, my sense of obstinance warring against the pain in my head. "What do you want?" I finally asked.

"I want what made this city great. I want what you have devoted your life to. I want the serum, Kurt. The serum that you use to enhance your soldiers, to give them powers beyond that of a normal human. I want it, and with it I will take over this city."

My mind raced with the possibilities of what this man could do with the serum, and I shuddered. "You can't be serious," I finally said.

"Oh I'm quite serious, Dr. Linneus." The voice sounded again, a light, cheerful note still riding within it. "Serious enough to kill you if you don't do as I ask." The cheerful note suddenly disappeared, replaced by a cold, hard edge. "Now, do you want to do this the easy way, or the hard way?"

I furrowed my brow in thought, weighing my life against the havoc that this man might wreck. Finally, I sighed, my decision made. With a heavy voice, I intoned: "There's a set of three vials in the right hand pocket of my lab coat. They contain the serum you need."

As the man moved forwards, his shoes clicking against the floor, I closed my eyes, wondering what I had just unleashed. I felt the man's hand entering my pocket, pulling out the vials. I winced. Aloud, I said, "You won't be able to get away with this. Another set of soldiers are coming to be enhanced, tomorrow. They'll stop you." I just hoped it was true.

The man laughed, a hint of insanity tinging the noise. "We'll see about that, Dr. Linneus. We'll see about that." Then a blow slammed into the side of his head and, for the second time that day, everything went black.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Well, here it is. I aimed for 1000 words like you said, but went a slight bit over :p

If it needs to be shortened, let me know and I'll do so.

An explosion rocked the building, accompanied by a deep, rumbling boom and the tinkling of shattering glass. My stylus clattered out of my hand as I quickly shot up in my armchair and punched in a key combination on my Holo-Pad. A pale blue apparition appeared in the space before me: A dark haired man in a white lab coat, crouching in apparent fear.

"What the hell happened?" I shouted. "What the hell was that explosion?!"

The figure in the hologram brought a wrist up to his mouth and whispered into his communicator. "Dr. Linneus, sir, there's been a breach in Lab D. You better get here quickly." The man's breathing sped up, his chest visibly rising and falling as his eyes darted from side to side. "I don't know how much longer I can hold out."

I pounded my fist against the table and yelled, "What do you mean? Talk to me, Clyde!"

Shaking his head, the man gasped, "No, no time. They're coming."

"Who?" I asked, but as I was finishing the question the hologram drew inwards into a small dot of light before flashing out of existence. I put my head into my hands and let out a groan, then slowly lifted myself out of the armchair, the synthetic leather it was composed of smoothing out the depressions my body had left behind.
Sweeping a coat over my shoulders, I hurried to the elevator. Stepping through the curving glass doors, I was greeted by a pleasant, melodic voice. "Hello Dr. Linneus, where do I have the pleasure of taking you this fine day?"

"Cut the pleasantries, Otis," I snapped. "I need to get to Laboratory D. Fast."

As the doors slid shut, the voice appeared again. "Understood, sir." And with that, the elevator began rocketing downwards, the outside landscape becoming a blurred swirl of lights and color, with the occasional hover car or skyscraper becoming visible before being swept out of view.
"How many floors left, Otis?" I asked, my focus on the situation in the lab.

The response came, "Fifty two, sir."

"We need to go faster," I snapped, my foot tapping up and down as a nervous impatience grew within me.

Without any further reply from Otis, the elevator began moving even faster, floors rushing by in less than a second as a steady roaring began to develop around the elevator tube. In what seemed like an eternity, but truly lasted only thirty seconds, the elevator slowed to a halt and the doors slowly slid open, revealing a nightmarish scene.

Fire leapt across the room, hungry gouts of flame billowing out into the night sky through a wall that had formerly been made of solid glass. Screams echoed around the room, though I could not make out their sources through the smoke. I stepped forwards, my eyes searching the floor for any signs of life, when I received a sharp blow to the side of my head and fell forwards, falling to the ground with warm, sticky blood beginning to pool around me. Through my quickly fading vision, I saw a foot, clad in a black leather shoe, stomp down besides me. Then everything went black.

~ ~ ~

I awoke to a pounding in my head, the likes of which I hadn't felt since the days when I used to barhop around Celeste, getting drunk on the strongest Celestial liquor available. As my brain slowly began functioning again, I realized that there was light shining on my closed eyelids, glowing red through my skin. Slowly, I opened them, squinting against the harsh white light of an exposed halogen bulb. I groaned, my head feeling like it was being stung by a thousand bees.
I heard a chuckle and a deep, refined voice from behind me. "Doctor Kurt Linneus. I'm glad to see you're awake," it said.

I groaned again, the pain in my head overwhelming any response I might have formulated in reply.

"Dr. Linneus," the man said in a vaguely sing songy voice. "I expect you to speak to me."

I turned my head to one side, trying to get a look at the man, but I was unable to see him. "Who are you?," I muttered, my tongue feeling thick and heavy in my mouth.

"That's not important, Dr. Linneus. What's important is who you are: The Head of Genetics Research here at the Spire. You have something I want and you are going to give it to me or I'm going to kill you." His tone was cheery, almost as if he was inviting a friend to tea instead of delivering death threats.

I turned my head forwards again, facing the blank white wall in front of me. "I'm not giving you anything," I said, obstinance rising inside me.
A steely note crept into the man's voice. "Wrong answer," he proclaimed, and a blow fell on the back of my head, knocking my neck forwards with a crack.

I groaned again and said nothing.
The man laughed, a cheerful sound completely out of place in that sterile white room. "Now, Dr. Linneus, are you willing to talk?"

I closed my eyes, my sense of obstinance warring against the pain in my head. "What do you want?" I finally asked.

"I want what made this city great. I want what you have devoted your life to. I want the serum, Kurt. The serum that you use to enhance your soldiers, to give them powers beyond that of a normal human. I want it, and with it I will take over this city."

My mind raced with the possibilities of what this man could do with the serum, and I shuddered. "You can't be serious," I finally said.

"Oh I'm quite serious, Dr. Linneus." The voice sounded again, a light, cheerful note still riding within it. "Serious enough to kill you if you don't do as I ask." The cheerful note suddenly disappeared, replaced by a cold, hard edge. "Now, do you want to do this the easy way, or the hard way?"

I furrowed my brow in thought, weighing my life against the havoc that this man might wreck. Finally, I sighed, my decision made. With a heavy voice, I intoned: "There's a set of three vials in the right hand pocket of my lab coat. They contain the serum you need."

As the man moved forwards, his shoes clicking against the floor, I closed my eyes, wondering what I had just unleashed. I felt the man's hand entering my pocket, pulling out the vials. I winced. Aloud, I said, "You won't be able to get away with this. Another set of soldiers are coming to be enhanced, tomorrow. They'll stop you." I just hoped it was true.

The man laughed, a hint of insanity tinging the noise. "We'll see about that, Dr. Linneus. We'll see about that." Then a blow slammed into the side of his head and, for the second time that day, everything went black.
...and we have a winner!
But seriously, that was AMAZING! O_O And long :p

J

Joel/MadDawg

I know this after the deadline, but I just came upon this forum and thought what a cool oppurtunity it is. I just put this together in one hour and I hope you will judge me not on my lateness but on the quality of my writing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 5th 2190

Dear diary,
As every moment goes by I feel the presence of them lurking closer and closer. They are like an invisible force, making the air that I breathe feel like the death that I know they will bring. I don't know how much longer we can hold out, for it is not a matter of IF we can stop them but when they will destroy us all.

The government seems to think differently, though. As I floated to McDonalds today, A man came up behind me and subtly put his arm on my shoulder. Before I had any time to jump with shock, he leaned into my ear and smoothly whispered, "Are you Tori Hernandez?"

Confused by this strangers interest in me, I could only stammer out a weak "yes".

"Good, we've been looking for you," the stranger said in a voice so monotone that I wondered whether or not he was a robot.

And with that he whisked me off my feet and into a hidden C.A.R. (computerized air raft). I was dumbfounded. First off, what give this man the right to abduct me right off the street, and why did he say that he had been "looking for me"?

I decided to go along with it, because if he wanted to kill me why did it matter? We were all going to die soon anyways. The sooner you accepted that the less it would hurt on the day when we would all be lined up to get slaughtered.

After what seemed like an eternity, we slowly pulled in to a building that seemed to scrape the moon. I was about ready to lash out at my kidnapper, but before I could say anything he held up his hand as a gesture of silence. "I know you have many questions, but they will all be answered in time," he said in his eerily calm voice.

Something about his voice was meditative, so I found myself naturally obeying him. We started to walk towards the door to the building, but suddenly veered off the path and towards a tree on the side of the walkway. I was following the stranger, but It suprised me when I saw him heading off the beaten path. He went up onto his toes, and pulled down one of the smaller branches of the tree. In a flash, the ground fell out from us and we were falling through empty air.

I must have blacked out, because the next thing I knew a bunch of oddly dressed men were leaning down at me. The left side of my head was throbbing, as if I had fallen hard on it. Just as I was starting to regain my senses, one of the men spoke.

"I bet you're wondering why you're here, and I'll be the first to tell you that it's not easy to explain. But I'll try my best right now, just for your sanity. In short, the government has chosen you as one of the few to be at the frontlines of our inpending war. We will supercharge your senses, or give you superpowers as some might call them. At a basic level, you are the remaining hope there is for human civilization."

And on that happy note, I was taken to my new living quarters, where I settled in and wrote this. This could be the last entry I write in this chronicle of my life, or it could be the beginning of a new chapter in my journey on Earth. Only time will tell which is true.

Tori Hernandez

Reactions: Sam
L

Lululioness

I know this after the deadline, but I just came upon this forum and thought what a cool oppurtunity it is. I just put this together in one hour and I hope you will judge me not on my lateness but on the quality of my writing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 5th 2190

Dear diary,
As every moment goes by I feel the presence of them lurking closer and closer. They are like an invisible force, making the air that I breathe feel like the death that I know they will bring. I don't know how much longer we can hold out, for it is not a matter of IF we can stop them but when they will destroy us all.

The government seems to think differently, though. As I floated to McDonalds today, A man came up behind me and subtly put his arm on my shoulder. Before I had any time to jump with shock, he leaned into my ear and smoothly whispered, "Are you Tori Hernandez?"

Confused by this strangers interest in me, I could only stammer out a weak "yes".

"Good, we've been looking for you," the stranger said in a voice so monotone that I wondered whether or not he was a robot.

And with that he whisked me off my feet and into a hidden C.A.R. (computerized air raft). I was dumbfounded. First off, what give this man the right to abduct me right off the street, and why did he say that he had been "looking for me"?

I decided to go along with it, because if he wanted to kill me why did it matter? We were all going to die soon anyways. The sooner you accepted that the less it would hurt on the day when we would all be lined up to get slaughtered.

After what seemed like an eternity, we slowly pulled in to a building that seemed to scrape the moon. I was about ready to lash out at my kidnapper, but before I could say anything he held up his hand as a gesture of silence. "I know you have many questions, but they will all be answered in time," he said in his eerily calm voice.

Something about his voice was meditative, so I found myself naturally obeying him. We started to walk towards the door to the building, but suddenly veered off the path and towards a tree on the side of the walkway. I was following the stranger, but It suprised me when I saw him heading off the beaten path. He went up onto his toes, and pulled down one of the smaller branches of the tree. In a flash, the ground fell out from us and we were falling through empty air.

I must have blacked out, because the next thing I knew a bunch of oddly dressed men were leaning down at me. The left side of my head was throbbing, as if I had fallen hard on it. Just as I was starting to regain my senses, one of the men spoke.

"I bet you're wondering why you're here, and I'll be the first to tell you that it's not easy to explain. But I'll try my best right now, just for your sanity. In short, the government has chosen you as one of the few to be at the frontlines of our inpending war. We will supercharge your senses, or give you superpowers as some might call them. At a basic level, you are the remaining hope there is for human civilization."

And on that happy note, I was taken to my new living quarters, where I settled in and wrote this. This could be the last entry I write in this chronicle of my life, or it could be the beginning of a new chapter in my journey on Earth. Only time will tell which is true.

Tori Hernandez
No pls stahp being a random new person who's a freakishly good writer :p

NorthStar

Career
Reaction score
Oooooooooooooooooooooooh well I wonder who is going to win. *coughcough*moneyisonZeno*coughcough* But seriously, all of these entries make a damn fine prologue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci