• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Taking Mod For Granted

Do you think that some people, currently, apply for moderator to benefit themselves?

• Yes, not really to help out the server or the players.

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • No, they do it to help the server.

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
The fact is that if you manage to get mod, you deserve mod. They only accept one who is never banned, played the game for a while, and are already helpful to the community. I doubt they would stop helping because of a rank.
There's something called experience, they might be a good moderator, but that doesn't mean they won't do anything they shouldn't be doing. I have seen it, what goes on behind the scenes can be quite shocking...
I suggest you PM the senior staff. Even if it's just getting one or two false mods demoted, it's still helping to remove "corrupt" staff members.

Edit: also, concerning the quote on your grammar, well.. it wasn't exactly stellar, but no one really expects you to have BitoBain-levels of grammar anyways so it's all good.
Well, I will think about it, but I just dont want the moderator(s) too know it was me who "snitched" on them.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
There's something called experience, they might be a good moderator, but that doesn't mean they won't do anything they shouldn't be doing. I have seen it, what goes on behind the scenes can be quite shocking...

Well, I will think about it, but I just dont want the moderator(s) too know it was me who "snitched" on them.
Okay, really? You're worried about THAT?
It's not snitching if you're informing the authorities about a legitimate rule-breaker or "corrupt" staff member in this case.
It's considered reporting.

I know reporting friends can't be easy all the time, especially if it's someone you're close to, but if you're going to make this thread and say that you don't want to 'snitch' on them... that's just sad, MCGamerzism. Really, really disappointing on so many levels.

Zinc // Akash754

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Okay, really? You're worried about THAT?
It's not snitching if you're informing the authorities about a legitimate rule-breaker or "corrupt" staff member in this case.
It's considered reporting.

I know reporting friends can't be easy all the time, especially if it's someone you're close to, but if you're going to make this thread and say that you don't want to 'snitch' on them... that's just sad, MCGamerzism. Really, really disappointing on so many levels.
MooClanOP

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
Alright, I'm going to break this post down and try to show my side of the story.

Also, I'd like to point out I agree Mooclan on every part of this so far.

Just want the communities point of view regarding people (mods) applying for moderator position, for the reason simple reason of banning/kicking etc people/hackers who come into there paths. NOT to help the community. NOT for the players benefit, but to benefit themselves.
You claim to know mods that are like this, yet you still fail to report them? Why? Snitching. You are not snitching, you are helping the community, by removing mods like this, not that I even believe there are any like this.

You see mods helping people out on the forums, dealing with TS issues and replying to Report Abuses quickly and effectively, yet you claim we do not help the community.

Take a look at this.

1,527 bans, and we are lazy and do nothing?

You think no one responds to pokes.
You poked me today, I was about to ask IGN, but you went offline, I went in to the server and the hackers won without giving suffcient evidence, so you know what I followed them around and dealt with them, from your poke. Yet, we still do nothing?

but rather selfish.
Selfish, huh?
We take hours out of our days and weeks to help the community. We ban hackers just for our self? No.
We ban as many rule-breakers as we possible can for you. Not for our self. For you guys, the community.

I think giving up our time and effort is anything, but selfish.

You take your time to write a thread about how the staff team don't do anything and just want power, yet you don't want to help us get rid of those mods?

Hmm..​

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score

Thing is, you can't just make an indirect thread and expect people to be able to handle the situation.

You really have no right to complain if you don't make an actual attempt to make a difference. The Sr. Staff won't tell them who reported them, and though the thread could show that, if you are really concerned about this, you would report them instead of standing idle.

If these moderators are as bad as you say, why would you by any means want them to maintain their position?

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
I would really like to compare a moderating job to having a Youtube Career. Lets just throw one out, GrapeAppleSauce. He has a very successful Youtube channel, yet he has a Job IRL. Considering most of the Mods are around 16 and over, I would assume they do have a job, considering they are moderating as a volunteer job. Taking mod for granted? They are putting WORK into moderating, why would they moderate to get stuff from mcsg. It just really doesn't make sense. They are taking time out of their day just to keep the community more clean, and Youtubers put hours of work into Youtube, just to entertain their fans.

Avaline

Platinum
Reaction score
I understand your frustration, the world is not always as we wan't it. I don't believe people just apply for mod for the 'fame'. And as another guy said, if you get mod, its because you have proved that you are worthy :3 And it's okay at any time, to report a mod, if you don't think the person have done the job correctly, you can do it anonymous :) The flame and discussion on this thread stops here, this is not a thing worth fighting over :)

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
Hmmmm...

Another staff-bashing thread?

It would appear by the poll that the general community agrees with this thread which I find extremely disheartening. I have NEVER run across a currently-hired fellow staff member that has had that mindset, and the ones I've seen like that have been removed from the staff team.

If you can't trust me, good luck trusting anyone about this matter...

The answer to your question?

No.

And if there are moderators like this, they have already been dealt with.

QA;TL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci