• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Taking Mod For Granted

Do you think that some people, currently, apply for moderator to benefit themselves?

• Yes, not really to help out the server or the players.

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • No, they do it to help the server.

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just want the communities point of view regarding people (mods) applying for moderator position, for the reason simple reason of banning/kicking etc people/hackers who come into there paths. NOT to help the community. NOT for the players benefit, but to benefit themselves.

This isn't abusing powers, but rather selfish considering, there application possible said "I want to help out the community". And that someone else, more dedicated could've had the position.

I also feel like people only apply for moderator for recognition, promotions, or because there friends do it.
That a MINORITY if the applicants. And that's a hole different story.

So, do you think that some people, currently, apply for moderator to benefit themselves, and not the players and server.​

Mint_Sibs

District 13
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just want the communities point of view regarding people (mods) applying for moderator position, for the reason simple reason of banning/kicking etc people/hackers who come into there paths. NOT to help the community. NOT for the players benefit, but to benefit themselves.

This isn't abusing powers, but rather selfish considering, there application possible said "I want to help out the community". And that someone else, more dedicated could've had the position.

I also feel like people only apply for moderator for recognition, promotions, or because there friends do it.
That a MINORITY if the applicants. And that's a hole different story.

So, do you think that some people, currently, apply for moderator to benefit themselves, and not the players and server.​
I thought banning and kicking players was their job?
Like honestly how they do it doesn't concern me, as long as they get it done.
They're helping the community whether they like it or not?

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
I thought banning and kicking players was their job?
Like honestly how they do it doesn't concern me, as long as they get it done.
They're helping the community whether they like it or not?
What I mean is, they see a hacker, and kick them, only later not to ban them, just let them go. They just wanted the hacker out of THERE game. Makes more sense?

EDIT: Answering your question, they don't get it done.

Reaction score
What I mean is, they see a hacker, and kick them, only later not to ban them, just let them go. They just wanted the hacker out of THERE game. Makes more sense?

EDIT: Answering your question, they don't get it done.
Mods that do that get demoted, no mods I've known kick hackers without recording on purpose, some may want the job for the donor and the power and stuff but I don't think people do it to help them win games.

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Mods that do that get demoted, no mods I've known kick hackers without recording on purpose, some may want the job for the donor and the power and stuff but I don't think people do it to help them win games.
I don't think they do it to win the game, but just to benefit themselves in general, to help people in clan wars, inter clan wars etc. I've seen it all. And I find it rather annoying and very selfish considering someone else couldve had that moderator position.

Also, love your signature :p

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The thread seems interesting, considering on those who wish to apply. I have had some experience with people applying for moderator in previous servers that I have helped out (Not gonna advertise!) and noticed that a majority of applicants don't seem to put effort in their applications, and their attitude as a whole in the server, which caused them to get denied. But at least the Senior staff is there to review these applications to really see if they are worth becoming moderator or not, and as SailedStingray6 said, those who abuse the moderator power will be demoted anyways, so you have nothing to worry about. C:

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
So, MCGamerzism, I have a question for you.
Out of all of the Mods, can you name three who are like this? Or even two?

I've heard people complaining about mods applying just for the rank and the authority, but I don't think I've ever actually met one.
Sure, I know some Mods who aren't exactly radiating bucket-loads of sunshine and happiness everywhere they go, but I don't know any who do stuff like this. I do, however, know of a few staff members who joke about things like "o im gunna ban dat guy" but they don't really do it without evidence.

The only Mod that I can remember abusing their rank for something like this is ThatOneTomahawk. There were screenshots circulating showing that on TSG1 he was using the global chat system (GM or /say) in order to provoke and call out players for teaming. Unfortunately, it seems the senior staff turned more or less a blind eye to the screenshots, at least to the public knowledge. If something was done behind-the-scenes, then it's not something that I know about.

DatPikachu

District 13
Reaction score

I've heard people complaining about mods applying just for the rank and the authority, but I don't think I've ever actually met one.
Sure, I know some Mods who aren't exactly radiating bucket-loads of sunshine and happiness everywhere they go, but I don't know any who do stuff like this. I do, however, know of a few staff members who joke about things like "o im gunna ban dat guy" but they don't really do it without evidence.

The only Mod that I can remember abusing their rank for something like this is ThatOneTomahawk. There were screenshots circulating showing that on TSG1 he was using the global chat system (GM or /say) in order to provoke and call out players for teaming. Unfortunately, it seems the senior staff turned more or less a blind eye to the screenshots, at least to the public knowledge. If something was done behind-the-scenes, then it's not something that I know about.
*eh-hem* willyrin.

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
The fact is that if you manage to get mod, you deserve mod. They only accept one who is never banned, played the game for a while, and are already helpful to the community. I doubt they would stop helping because of a rank.

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
That grammar killed me... xD
Don't point out my grammar, just don't...

Well, I ain't really gonna name and shame them on this thread, considering there moderators, so they may see. As much as they deserve the shame, they have told me in TS channels, and it was rather disappointing to hear.

Last edited:

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
My grammar? What?

Well, I ain't really gonna name and shame them on this thread, considering there moderators, so they may see. As much as they deserve the shame, they have told me in TS channels, and it was rather disappointing to hear.
I suggest you PM the senior staff. Even if it's just getting one or two false mods demoted, it's still helping to remove "corrupt" staff members.

Edit: also, concerning the quote on your grammar, well.. it wasn't exactly stellar, but no one really expects you to have BitoBain-levels of grammar anyways so it's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci