• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Survival Server and Grieving

Do you think Grieving is fair or not?

• Yes

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
Greifing isn't a word ):
It is in fact Grieving. But beggars can't be choosers I guess >< I hate to go all grammar Nazi on you.
To everyone else:
Our group has lived underwater, with a redstone door. And on the edge of the world. I do agree with everyone that raiding should be allowed because then there would be no fun!
Also, the whole enderchest is a smart idea, we have done that too. It truly did save our butts!!
Thanks to all your replies :) I appreciate the feedback!
Griefing and Grieving are two different words, Griefing is where you continually harass players in a game, while grieving would be.. like being upset someone died or something. I think raiding is a good thing! just build yourself up and strike them when they don't expect it :3

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Griefing and Grieving are two different words, Griefing is where you continually harass players in a game, while grieving would be.. like being upset someone died or something. I think raiding is a good thing! just build yourself up and strike them when they don't expect it :3
They're related though; the term "griefing" came to gaming pretty much from Minecraft (but now used through other games) as someone to causes "grief" (thus rendering the subject to "grieve") due to those actions.

ThisJKid

Diamond
Reaction score
That's why I don't play on these kind of servers. You build up your home/base, gather resources, but everything changes when the fire nation attacks.

Dude that's the best Avatar quote I've seen on the forums ever XD

ThisJKid

Diamond
Reaction score
Yes, absolutely. I would hate this server if griefing and raiding wasn't allowed. It ruins the survival aspect. If you really don't want to griefed, you have to go super, super, super far out. And I do mean super far.

It's impossible to go super far out. From spawn our faction all built boats, went to the ocean and sailed straight reached the map boundary. If I'm correct, the boundary is only 8000 blocks away from spawn. If you're quick you can get there in mere minutes like we did. Because of that we had to settle for a nearby island which was a Mushroom Island biome. We set up a base as far out as possible, on the map boundary and we ended up getting griefed. Base blown up, chests looted, farm destroyed, horses killed and armour stolen.

The day after the server was released factions had already gained enchanted diamond armour for their whole group and recently the server has just been filled with people camping at the spawn exit waiting to fight.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It's impossible to go super far out. From spawn our faction all built boats, went to the ocean and sailed straight reached the map boundary. If I'm correct, the boundary is only 8000 blocks away from spawn. If you're quick you can get there in mere minutes like we did. Because of that we had to settle for a nearby island which was a Mushroom Island biome. We set up a base as far out as possible, on the map boundary and we ended up getting griefed. Base blown up, chests looted, farm destroyed, horses killed and armour stolen.

The day after the server was released factions had already gained enchanted diamond armour for their whole group and recently the server has just been filled with people camping at the spawn exit waiting to fight.
The border is a horrible place to set up, somewhere in the middle is perfect :)

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score

The smaller guys need to all band together and break out of spawn... gather their resources then take out the big guns.

yozy3

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Reaction score
Make an obsidian base with lava on the outside then make another layer then do water ontop of that layer and keep on going it will make your base really protected

ThisJKid

Diamond
Reaction score
The border is a horrible place to set up, somewhere in the middle is perfect :)
The middle is perfect?! HA! I challenge you to make it out of spawn, assuming you can stealth past the full diamond guys, and walk around the middle. Make a tally of all the griefed bases you see. Middle is horrible. Only solution seems to be sky bases and underwater bases. Even bedrock level is bad as we raided a bedrock level base and won with ease.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The middle is perfect?! HA! I challenge you to make it out of spawn, assuming you can stealth past the full diamond guys, and walk around the middle. Make a tally of all the griefed bases you see. Middle is horrible. Only solution seems to be sky bases and underwater bases. Even bedrock level is bad as we raided a bedrock level base and won with ease.
I do tend to build my bases out of spawn... but I think you misunderstood me when I said "middle", not vertical level, but the distance from spawn to border, having bases close to spawn is bad... and having bases near the border is bad because that's an easy scouting square.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci