• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

"Survival Games" or "PvP Games"

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
Hey Tributes, I made this thread after reading a recent thread on the topic of no one playing SG classic. So as most people know MCSG has changed a lot. It has become a lot more PvP/ competitive orientated. I am just curious what is the attraction to small maps with lots of chests? Why don't people like playing on big maps where it is based a lot more on survival, where you have to work for food etc.

In my opinion I have always like the bigger maps as I feel it can give a sense of adventure and you are always finding something new. Also I don't really like the competitive aspect. After all MCSG is supposed to be fun and not taken to serious.

So, what is your opinion? Which do you prefer and why?

Jockstah

Diamond
Reaction score
Normal SG. I don't like the tiering on SGC and in my opinion, the amount of threads is stupid but if some people still like it, it should stay.

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
Normal SG. I don't like the tiering on SGC and in my opinion, the amount of threads is stupid but if some people still like it, it should stay.
I agree it should stay the way it is now, it has a mix of both. We have big maps and small. I am not asking for change in this thread I am asking which one do you prefer and why?

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
Small maps make the server feel like PvP, as there is no challenge to finding stuff and staying alive, that you would feel in a HG orientated map such as SG2. Personally, I enjoy the smaller maps but if I see it on the list, I will vote for SG2. I do like that challenge of searching desperately for chests and food to stay alive.

Voei

Platinum
Reaction score
No one likes wasting time on huge maps they don't know. I'd rather have full iron when fighting all these teams of hackers on EU than full leather, (luckily) a stone sword and a pumpkin pie or two.

Isak

Platinum
Reaction score
Sean's wrecking ball boootifulllllllll!!!

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
No one likes wasting time on huge maps they don't know. I'd rather have full iron when fighting all these teams of hackers on EU than full leather, (luckily) a stone sword and a pumpkin pie or two.
You can't just generalise like that. I don't mind playing big maps and I definitely don't consider them a waste of time.

DoFlamingo

Experienced
Reaction score
I used to like the big maps because I didn't die too quickly :p (When I was new to SG)
But now I'm not bad at playing I think I just like to end the game quickly and kill others faster :/

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
Honestly, being really hyperactive, I prefer fast, action-packed games.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci