• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Survival Games Chat Logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MahoganyCrafter

Survivor
Reaction score
With the Leaderboard and Website update which took place recently, there was the addition to view game details (Such as which map was played, the round ID, the tributes, etc.). With this also came a chat filter, censoring out words which hurt others. However, this filter is evaded easily, and I myself have noticed people (whom I won't name in this thread) saying things like "easy, not a fight, 10 noob" and so on. This is where my idea for Chat Logs come in.

I propose that MCGamer adds a log of chat which can be used as valid evidence in an abuse report. These would be located on the Round ID page of the corresponding game. This could be used to monitor filter evasion, harassment, sexually explicit messages, spam, etc.

For example

Round #912739

Player1: fight me noob!

*a cannon could be heard in the distance*
*5 players remain*

Player1: easy noob.

*4 tributes remain*

Player1: Hahahaa! Go -snip- urself nub!

And so on.

I hope you take my idea into consideration, as I feel it would greatly help the MCGamer Network.

Sincerely,

MahoganyCrafter

Last edited by a moderator:

GrandmaJam

Platinum
Reaction score
With the Leaderboard and Website update which took place recently, there was the addition to view game details (Such as which map was played, the round ID, the tributes, etc.). With this also came a chat filter, censoring out words which hurt others. However, this filter is evaded easily, and I myself have noticed people (whom I won't name in this thread) saying things like "easy, not a fight, 10 noob" and so on. This is where my idea for Chat Logs come in.

I propose that MCGamer adds a log of chat which can be used as valid evidence in an abuse report. These would be located on the Round ID page of the corresponding game. This could be used to monitor filter evasion, harassment, sexually explicit messages, spam, etc.

For example

Round #912739

Player1: fight me noob!

*5 players remain*

Player1: easy noob.

*4 tributes remain*

Player1: Hahahaa! Go -snip- urself nub!

And so on.

I hope you take my idea into consideration, as I feel it would greatly help the MCGamer Network.

Sincerely,

MahoganyCrafter
That would be great when reporting players that are cursing, spamming, etc. A lot easier then taking screenshots, we could just upload this link instead of uploading the photo to imgur!

MahoganyCrafter

Survivor
Reaction score
That would be great when reporting players that are cursing, spamming, etc. A lot easier then taking screenshots, we could just upload this link instead of uploading the photo to imgur!
Not only that, but people wouldn't be able to fake report if it is directly implemented into the MCGamer website.

jtmboy

Diamond
Reaction score
I like it, but I think staff already have this ablity and dont really need the community knowing the evidence

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there - MCGamer already has a way to track the chat logs. Many servers do.

If someone triggers any of the filters, their chat is automatically logged as well as their next few messages.
This is usable as evidence for mutes and bans, and I've personally seen it used multiple times.

Seeing as this is already a feature, I'll go ahead and lock the thread. However, I like your train of thought! c: It's a good idea, which is why it was already implemented :p

TL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci