• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Suggestion: IP Ban all hackers.

heydude

Spectator
Reaction score
This will decrease the population of the server even further.

Forums

Survivor
Reaction score
There are a few very big flaws with this idea.
1. As others have mentioned, this would lead to people like siblings, roommates, or other people in your apartment complex being banned unfairly. I know you think that situations like this aren't common, but we can't be banning even a small number of innocent people.
2. It is painfully easy to change your IP address. Most ISP's will change your IP for you in a matter of seconds if you just call them and ask to get your IP changed. Even if your ISP won't change it for you, you can use a free VPN to easily get around an IP ban. Also, most ISP's will give you a dynamic IP, which can be changed by simply unplugging your router, leaving it for a bit, and plugging it back in.

Overall, this won't really help the problem that much, and it will cause quite a few innocent players to be banned.

heydude

Spectator
Reaction score
absolutely pointless arguing with you people. why did I expect mcsg players to think any differently than the policies that the best minecraft server; mcgamer has!!?

Forums

Survivor
Reaction score
absolutely pointless arguing with you people. why did I expect mcsg players to think any differently than the policies that the best minecraft server; mcgamer has!!?
What?

Forums

Survivor
Reaction score
bruh ur a nerdy forum alt saying that a dead server should keep going the direction it is, aka down the drain.
Nobody was even arguing with you, so I have no idea why you're getting all upset.

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score
Not possible with the current bungee setup. A dev attempted to IP ban a player and managed to ban the entire US hub a year or two ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci