• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Suggestion: Grace Period/Invincibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaiserRY

Career
Reaction score
I think the servers need a period of time at the beginning of the game - maybe a minute or two, where everyone is invincible. It's unfair even if you suck to have to wait for another game to end, or even just the five minutes for a new one to start, and die within 1 minute of the new game and I have seen other servers do it for this reason.

An alternate to this suggestion is to only include the invincibility period outside the cornucopia area - that way, you go to the corn at your own risk as it's still a 'dangerous' area, and people don't have free safety while picking at the easily accessible good stuff.
whats the point of getting swords at corn then? the point of getting a sword at corn is to go on a massacre XD

nobody1313

Tribute
Reaction score
This is supposed to be as "realistic" as possible (you can destroy leaves, but not dirt and stuff, as you couldn't do that in real life) so, in real life, there would be no grace period. Anyways, it's a terrible idea. 1 or 2 minutes? If it was ever implemented (not a good idea) it would only be 10 or 15 seconds.

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
This is a terrible idea
I think the same! This is not like "Log onto this hunger games and get special kit for advantage, and 1 min grace period" this is fair for all! Everyone start with the same stuff! This is the REAL Minecraft Survival Games!

Everyone who thinks no grace period is better wrote "No grace!"

nobody1313

Tribute
Reaction score
And to all of you who say that we need a grace period, the best that I think we could do withi ruining the games is have some special servers (2 or 3 of them) that have a grace period of about 30 seconds.

ImTheHero

Spectator
Reaction score
No no. In real life do you see some guy with a sword march up to a helpless tribute and just be like "nah you win this time preasent. Curse you invincibility!" no. It's just not life-like

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I hate being punched just as much as the next guy but this is the hunger games! (sorry survival games!) What are we little kids?! (lol probably actually) we dont need no silly grace period! We are fighting to the freaking DEATH! Grace is for the weak

nobody1313

Tribute
Reaction score
No no. In real life do you see some guy with a sword march up to a helpless tribute and just be like "nah you win this time preasent. Curse you invincibility!" no. It's just not life-like
What I mean is that it's more realistic than normal minecraft (destroy stone with your bare hands, chest logic, etc.) what I mean is that you could actually destroy chuncks of leaves, or a couplenf other things. And anyways, if this is supposed to be like the hunger games in the books, there was no grace period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci