• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Suggestion for Limiting Drama

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
kpwn243 Ava Rusty subv3rsion dv90

Instead of closing down survival factions, there could be a new set of commands introduces. Here are a few of my suggestions:

• A /ignore <player> command so that if someone is being harassed, they can ignore that player.
  • A better swear filter that doesn't allow spaces, underscores, and any other bypassing strategy used by players.
  • I guess the devs cannot do anything about this, but the other staff could (including me). I would be happy to spend time in survival to moderate drama. I know we cannot have a mod in there 24/7, but the stuff missed could get reported.

Sorry I couldn't come up with much. If anyone else has a suggestion, either edit it in (staff only) or reply and I will add it for you!

SmoothPixels came up with some of this too!

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Just gonna say, to this suggestion
  • A better swear filter that doesn't allow spaces, underscores, and any other bypassing strategy used by players.
That doesnt work, unless ofcourse, the developers come up with every possible thing players can type.

For example, the word "hello" could be made into ".hello" "hellow" "h.ello" "H_ElO" "__Hello" "H3LL0"

Unless the developers sit there and have something like
if(e.getMessage().contains("hellow") || e.getMessage().contains("h.ello") || e.getMessage().contains("H3LL0")) {
and replace everything (That would have to be done with everything!) not everything would be replaced.

There are always loopholes in the system, swearing and things are just almost impossible to remove.

Oh and btw, devs dont like to be tagged, they're on the forums too :p

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
Considering the Admins said they're never going to add Factions back, I don't think anything will change their mind.

Chiller4

District 13
Reaction score
It sounds good, but like Brandon said, sadly, it probably won't be of much help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci