• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

STOP DONOR ADVANTAGES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean

Career
Reaction score
The suggestion is at the bottom. The body text is why I don't like it.

I have been kicked several times in a row now. I'm unable to get back into a game because they're all ways full, and as soon as I can get in a game, the server kicks me because someone who gives money wanted to play.

HERE'S MY LOGIC: (Please understand, you don't have to agree, but read me out.)

The idea donating is giving money to a good cause or a charity. In this case it's a good cause, because I myself wish I can donate heaps to even possibly add more servers, but that just can't happen at the moment. The point it, there is a service being sold to whoever 'buys it'. I also love it how Chad is rewarding others, but I don't like the reward itself, which is a bonus right. If the reward was administrator privileges, I would somewhat understand, but I'm not suggesting it. My point is, all games lose their integrity when you can buy a product, advantage or service within it. My point is, I feel as if it's unfair for those who cannot pay and I wish for there to be another means of rewarding the people who donate as they are doing something great, helping the servers stay up.

THE SUGGESTION:
- Don't give the wealthy more rights.

ImmobileLizard

Survivor
Reaction score
The suggestion is at the bottom. The body text is why I don't like it.

I have been kicked several times in a row now. I'm unable to get back into a game because they're all ways full, and as soon as I can get in a game, the server kicks me because someone who gives you money wanted to play.

In layman's terms: I get kicked because I haven't got enough money to just give to you, because I have to pay for more important things to survive..

WHY DO THE WEALTHY ALWAYS GET BENEFITS?

THE SUGGESTION:
- Don't give the wealthy more rights.
im sorry people whom feel the need to donate to allow you to even get the chance to play on the servers are treated to a nice little perk

Sentaul

Tribute
Reaction score
Just because we donate doesn't mean we're wealthy. 10 dollars a month for iron doesn't mean you're rich. The only reason you have a server to play on is BECAUSE of donators.

It's not even a huge benefit. They don't get an unfair advantage - they're just allowed to play a game that they help maintain.

Krasso

Survivor
Reaction score
Dedicated, not wealthy. I don't think very many of the donators are "rich", but i think they like this system and community so much, that they're willing to actually spend the few dollars they have in spare on it.

Of course some people are gonna have more money than others, and i agree with you, that there should be another option under 10 dollars, but if you have a spare 10 dollars, just figure out to yourself; are you actually gonna play for more than a few days? Do you actually really like this whole thing? Are you gonna find entertainment enough for your 10 dollars? If yes, i think the 10 dollars are worth it. If not, please make some room for those of us who are here to stay and have actually helped keeping this thing alive. ;)

On that note, i could suggest having 1-2 servers where nobody had reserved slots at all. It's not like the donators are gonna have trouble joining the other ones anyway.

ImmobileLizard

Survivor
Reaction score
Just because we donate doesn't mean we're wealthy. 10 dollars a month for iron doesn't mean you're rich. The only reason you have a server to play on is BECAUSE of donators.

It's not even a huge benefit. They don't get an unfair advantage - they're just allowed to play a game that they help maintain.
exactly what i said just more clear thank you for posting

Sentaul

Tribute
Reaction score
Dedicated, not wealthy. I don't think very many of the donators are "rich", but i think they like this system and community so much, that they're willing to actually spend the few dollars they have in spare on it.

Of course some people are gonna have more money than others, and i agree with you, that there should be another option under 10 dollars, but if you have a spare 10 dollars, just figure out to yourself; are you actually gonna play for more than a few days? Do you actually really like this whole thing? Are you gonna find entertainment enough for your 10 dollars? If yes, i think the 10 dollars are worth it. If not, please make some room for those of us who are here to stay and have actually helped keeping this thing alive. ;)

On that note, i could suggest having 1-2 servers where nobody had reserved slots at all. It's not like the donators are gonna have trouble joining the other ones anyway.
I've never thought of that. A couple of servers with no donator slots is actually a good idea, I see no problem with that.

Dean

Career
Reaction score
LOL. All the sponsors disagree and all the non sponsors do.

Demanter

Career
Reaction score
Without Donors there would be no servers for a start.

They deserve the free slot.

colaMmm

Survivor
Reaction score
well chad said that the servers will always be free and yes with out the donators they wouldnt be up but they could stay up with out them 2

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
Actually I disagree with you too Dean.
You have posted something without thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci