• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Something for spectators to do.

What do you think you should be able to do after you die?

• Play minigames

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Practice pvp

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Freebuild

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I suppose they could always implement some parkour challenges to keep you occupied or something simple like that. But even parkour gets boring after you've completed it like 20 times. :/
I don't mind the idea of practising pvp, but spectators can't see each other and they would have to either find or create a plugin that makes you visible for certain people. I don't think it's worth it.
or they dont... and we dont have to rely on other people to find things to do. maybe you can Read a BOOK during your down time, you dont even have to leave the CPU desk.

Kingo

Survivor
Reaction score
or they dont... and we dont have to rely on other people to find things to do. maybe you can Read a BOOK during your down time, you dont even have to leave the CPU desk.
I was just making a suggestion, I didn't create the topic or anything. There's no need to be so negative, I made no complaints about the time or anything. Also, I don't think you read all of my post... the "I don't think it's worth it part" was referring to everything, not just the pvp thing.

dabman10

Spectator
Reaction score
Spectators in spectate mode for more than 10 minutes should get a zombie egg to drop. This gives them a chance to influence the game, especially with players who are just trying to hide or wait it out on the edge of the map

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One word, reddit. We also encourage you all to be active in the forums while you wait! :) Once the live leaderboards are active, then you can plan and make strategies to get higher on the list (or lower like me).

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
One word, reddit. We also encourage you all to be active in the forums while you wait! :) Once the live leaderboards are active, then you can plan and make strategies to get higher on the list (or lower like me).
lower? why lower?

GammaDude1

Tribute
Reaction score
This would be cool, and it might eliminate team spectating if their was something else to do. It would also be nice to have something to do when your waiting for a 45 minute camping game to end.

thebuckster1

Tribute
Reaction score
I think spectating is fine, but maybe a donation to tribute system, maybe point system which buys items for tributes still playing
I very much agree with this idea. My version: You can type a command, and get a list of items you can buy for a tribute, nothing too game changing though. You can type another command, and send an item to a specified player, deducting points automatically. These things would also be expensive, as they are in the book. There could be a way to send points to a person to help pay for an item as well, so a group could sponsor one person together. I also think there could be a daily or weekly drawing or something like that for someone to win 40 or 50 points, or a way to earn them out of game. Maybe something like number of posts on the forum, to encourage activity for points. I can't do coding or anything for this, but I know how I would do it. Just something to think about, if any of the mods read this, or Chad.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I very much agree with this idea. My version: You can type a command, and get a list of items you can buy for a tribute, nothing too game changing though. You can type another command, and send an item to a specified player, deducting points automatically. These things would also be expensive, as they are in the book. There could be a way to send points to a person to help pay for an item as well, so a group could sponsor one person together. I also think there could be a daily or weekly drawing or something like that for someone to win 40 or 50 points, or a way to earn them out of game. Maybe something like number of posts on the forum, to encourage activity for points. I can't do coding or anything for this, but I know how I would do it. Just something to think about, if any of the mods read this, or Chad.
There have been many different suggestions for donating. All of which would be hard to maintain. It would be an unfair advantage if the person had a lot of points and kept giving items to one player. Nobody has gave a suggestion that actually might work, but you're on the right track

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Idk but you should be able to do more than just sit there and watch. Somtimes the games last an hour... what a waste of life..

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Idk but you should be able to do more than just sit there and watch. Somtimes the games last an hour... what a waste of life..
You can minimize Minecraft and go on Facebook or Twitter or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci